• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reforged Ideals Thread 12: The Return Again

Everyone feels a slight wave of power wash over them. It seems a little bit of power has been gained.

[head to meta

"Sapheram, since you're a part of the group now, can I have some of your DNA now? Please?" I ask, trying to look and sound as innocent as possible.

"I don't see the point of that, considering my DNA doesn't give anything that I can't bestow with my abilities, but you may." Sapheram answers.

Yay.

"It's for the sake of my experiments." I say, pulling a syringe from a portal.

"After all, I might be able to make you even better with a little manufacturing. It'll also be useful for one of my resurrection methods if the other ones don't work."

"In fact... Silas, can I have some of yours too?

Amy, I'm going to take some blood. It's for science."

I'll have to make do with Eike's arm from his previous evolution. It's outdated, but I'm not sure whether I can scrape anything off of him as he is currently (though I might as well try later)."

I contact Jonathan via telepathy to ask him what he's doing.

"Sir, I'm detecting an unknown energy," exclaims Dynamo, looking at something that is beginning to expand in the holographic screen.

"Mh, let's see," I mutter, looking.

"But what-" Suddenly the manticore trembles as a dimensional vortex opens, sucking and destroying the satellite together with those inside it, leaving no trace.

Junkoposter said:
@Crusade

She sighs. "Unfourtanetly you are correct. Usually she's just happy watching, but she seems to have taken an interest in you for some bazare, probably illogical, reason."
"Are you planning on stopping her from now on?"

Fujin nods her head. "Of course I will try, but I can't garuntee success. She is stronger than me after all." She says plainly.

"Well, as it is, I don't think you can stop her. She might even completely overwrite and overtake you. But I don't think she would do that, would she?"

Fujin sighs. "She's very annoying, lacks manners, rushes right into things without thinking, is illogical, and she just gets in the way of a lot of things as well."

"Well, that might be part of the problem. You can split into multiple duplicates, right? Have you ever just tried to, you know, have a conversation so you don't end up erasing each other from existence?"

"Eeeh, they aren't duplicates per say. They are doppleganger, beings of their own existence. They wouldnt do it just like I wouldnt do it." She says with a frown.

Fujin sighs. "I got it." She then opens a portal to the Black Forest. "Well then, I'll see you later Andrew." She leaves.

"It's not as easy as that... for one thing Nicholas had you. All I've ever had is a father and mother who stopped loving me, a brother I never knew, and a mentor who abandoned me as he saw fit for his purposes. I'm not saying I'm not and haven't been a detestable sludge of malice and fake self esteem- but, you know, it never helped."

"Also, er, as a dead man's wish- might you have any reason to know why that sudden burst of power came over me and almost certainly everyone else?"

"Not sure why the power was granted, no, and don't have such a defeatist attitude, you aren't a dead man." Kyouka answers

"Nicholas having me may have helped, but I am certain he could have done it on his own since he desired so. You can still improve without needing the help of others, don't try to mask the weakness with fake self esteem, instead work to build real self esteem, acomplish the things you actually want to, you don't have to envy people for having things you don't." She says

"I guess what I'm trying to say is, you shouldn't focus on only the bad things, there are plenty of things you can do to better yourself like you want to. All you need to do is keep trying, and not give into despair."

Crunkledunk whispers hoarsely

"But, I've always tried to build self esteem, I've always tried to, be.... well, something. And I don't see how I'm meant to get self esteem when I'm inferior to so many in practically every way.

Anyway, I don't see how I'm not dead- if I'm meant to do things on my own then I really can't fight a creature that is currently absorbing and assimilating my life's efforts in an attempt to utilise such materials against me. You know, and end like this seems right somehow anyway, I'm not exactly sure why though"

"You're hardly inferior, your creations show that not to be the case. The path of a scientist is the infinite journey to know the unknown, even if nothing else, following that path is enough to make something of yourself, that on its own is an achievement of yours, following that path forward is its own reward and you are someone worthy of seeing it to wherever it takes you. Now come on, are you really going to let some foolish shortsighted spirit destroy all that you've worked for? Or are you going to defeat it and continue your path in life, not letting everything you've built vanish?" Nicholas says, holding his hand out for a handshake with Crunkledunk.

"I'm working on something big, future plans and all, I'll explain a bit later, what did you need?" Jonathan telepathically replies to Layla.

Kyouka nods and watches the exchange

The Zanpakuto rebelled against it's user, that's really a new one. It's goal is self destructive though, I wonder what caused it.

@Dragon

"For experiments, and in case I need to revive you with the Edo Tensei for whatever reason."

@Phoenix

"I want some of your DNA... please."

Suddenly a huge storm appears over the garden.

It immediately throws lightning against it, making a person appear in the bar room.

The Garden quickly dispells the storm, however its defenses allow the person to enter. A clone Nicholas appears near them.

"Greetings, now what might you be doing here?" He asks the newcomer.

"I see, well there is a slight problem of me not really having any of that." Jonathan replies to Layla's request.

I get up slowly, massaging my neck.

"I'm here for work, my name is Maxwell Vane, bounty hunter ... and you're one of my potential targets," I exclaim, bringing my hand to the shotgun on my back.

"Well... there is not alot of people here, who are you -hic- talking to?"

@Over

"Yeah, don't forget to activate that stealth thing."

Dilma says as she activates her stealth device

Back