• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Physiology Discussion Thread but I pretend it’s a wrestling match

Wrestling announcer voice

Ladies and gentlemen... Boys and girls...

Welcome to the main event, the Pokemon Physiology profile discussion thread!!!

A page so powerful it could make Pokemon never lose a vs match again...
A Physiology OP enough to beat Digimon in yet another category...

Please for the love of God discuss this so I can post it!

Gonna just copy over the notes from the Space-Time Manip thread
  • Statistics Amplification: First example was denied cause it's implied to be a move like Helping Hand, Second was denied because 2 is better than 1, Third was denied because it's a special case and unrelated to the general species
    • Fusionism of attacks: Not discussed but should be fine since it happens so often in the anime
  • Social Influencing: First example was denied because that's just pet owners being more sociable, Second was denied because that's what contests are for: showing off moves.
  • Adaptation: First example is alright but isn't combat applicable since it takes a lot of time. Second is just their biology and has nothing to do with adaptation
  • Reactive Evolution: First example was denied because that's just pokemon evolution which is more akin to a natural growing process than reactive evolution. Second example was denied because it's a special case with a trainer's pokemon
  • Body Control: Not an example of Body Control, but probably fits Reactive Evolution
  • Accelerated Development: Denied because XP is game mechanics and the promo is just that, a promo
  • Rage Power: Not discussed
  • Regeneration: Denied because two examples are just anime gags, while the other is taking game animations literally
  • Resurrection: Happened once in a movie under bizarre circumstances, wasn't explained, likely just plot armor
  • Longevity: Snorlax example only fits Snorlax since it's unproven that it fits any other species, and Gyarados is a blatant hyperbole
  • Non-Physical Interaction: Needs more discussion probably, but will be limited since it doesn't apply to Normal or Fighting type moves
  • Automatic Translation: Need to establish the source and if it's reliable
  • Enhanced Senses/Extrasensory Perception: Mega Stone, sensing powerful pokemon, and season change examples are fine, but stuff obtained through trainer bonds doesn't fit the general species, and finding stuff on the ground isn't an ability
  • Matter Manipulation and Light Manipulation: Comes from specific moves and is likely due to the specific training for Contests rather than something Pokemon can do in general
  • Limited Self-Sealing: Seems to be fine
  • Resistance to Fear Manipulation and Disease Manipulation: Both are alright to keep
  • Resistance to Poison Manipulation: Denied because it's just an evolution of game mechanics
  • Resistance to Acid Manipulation: Denied because it's only one move when far too many other acid-based moves deal damage.
  • Resistance to Elemental Manipulation: Denied because it varies too much between types
  • Resistance to Fragrance Manipulation: Good to use but has to be specified, Poison Gas however cannot be used because it's poison
  • Resistance to Sealing: Good to use
  • Resistance to draining of their life force: Good to use

Real quick, on the XP part of the Spoiler, Exp is actually acknowledged by Mustard in Pokémon Shield not once, but twice when you challenge Him for a rematch (can’t provide an image right now, but you can to check for yourself. I’ll see what I can provide later). In addition, during the Anime’s episode ‘The Grass Route’, a Skiploom literally levels up and uses the move Solar Beam mid-match, which Brock then explains to be leveling up. At least, that’s what I recall last time I checked.
So there is a possibility of Exp being canon, technically. Funny, ain’t it? I’m attempting to find video footage now of the latter thing, as honestly there’s a strong possibility of me just misremembering.

Last edited:
Bam. Brock revealing how leveling up works. Make sure to turn on the Volume.
Edit: Wait crap why isn’t the Sound working one sec...
Edit 2: Fixed, enjoy.
Bam 2, Electric Boogaloo. Mustard says ‘Let’s see who can earn Exp Points off of eachother!’ As you rematch him.
Bam 3, Bulbapedia collected a solid amount of evidence from episodes in the Anime where Levels are mentioned. There’s a lot- not enough to be a common occurrence, but still a lot.

Last edited:
Clemont was talking about Frogadier and Talonflame, which I know isn't immediately clear.
Again, just 2 is better than 1
That doesn't mean actual pets can't have Social Influencing either. Also, Social Influencing isn't a super power.
Yes, but being able to convince yourself to talk to people because either you or they have a pet isn't Social Influencing. It's called not being an introvert
What does working out have to do with Reactive Evolution?
Probably nothing. In my opinion, Body Control could probably be kept for the rapid weight loss, but just label it as Enhanced Metabolism
That doesn't mean they don't grow quicker, and the Kids WB! commercial isn't the only evidence linked.
In my opinion it could probably be fine, but the "watch other Pokemon beat opponents" needs to be rewritten to say that they have to use special items in doing so
It was actually foreshadowed in the same movie. "The ancient writings tell of the storm wiping out all but a few Pokémon. In their sorrow, the water of their tears somehow restored the lives lost in the storm. But there are no Pokémon tears today. Just waters which no one can survive." And no, it wasn't retconned, as that same movie's Mewtwo actually showed up in the last episode.
Yes it was foreshadowed in the same movie, but again, never referenced to again after that point.
Also, god I hate that episode, as even with the references to the original movie (i.e. Mewtwo's entrance), not only is nothing ever confirmed, but neither Ash nor Mewtwo actually recognize each other, even if Ash knows OF Mewtwo
Fossil Pokemon are Pokemon that went extinct. The Gyarados line has never been extinct.

It is never stated by even one person that their Pokemon died of old age. How is stating you've lived a million years mocking your opponent? Also we literally use calcs on this site from Mystery Dungeon sources.
That doesn't change the fact that it's such a blatantly obvious hyperbole. Have you seriously never heard characters say some variant of "You're __ years too early to beat me"? He's not saying he's lived a million years. He's boasting and saying it would take a million years of constant training to best him. It's literally a joke.
Because resisting life force draining doubles as that, or so I'm told.
Eh, I'd say take it off if that's your only evidence unless someone can clarify it
If their growing process is equivalent to ordinary animals evolving over millions of years, then it should still count. And they aren't IRL animals, they're just miscellaneous monsters. Where does it say that it was because of the bond? Also we know all Pokemon can eat, so it should apply to all Pokemon. Other profiles seem to use being able to eat human food as Adaptation.
Again, akin to rapid metamorphasis moreso than actual evolution, so as said, just their natural growing process.

As for eating human food, I guess they technically adapt to eat all the sugar and salt we put in our food? Plus the pokemon that can eat foods that would be poison to their real world equivalents like canines eating chocolate. Idk though
That doesn't mean they don't grow quicker, and the Kids WB! commercial isn't the only evidence linked. And the paragraph with the statement says: "You can become stronger in battle just by reading!? Manga "Pokemon Card Game XY Let's Do It!" Is "Monthly CoroCoro Ichiban! ] , Now in the very popular serialization!"
I mean, it feels kinda obvious that it's just "Read about a topic and you become better at it" or just being able to adapt other topics into your skills as a trainer, like being a better cook or whatnot.
If you consistently find things that humans are unable to, that's grounds for Enhanced Senses.
Or you just happened to be paying more attention to your surroundings.
What, do you think there's a timer in those smoke explosions to say when they'll turn into sparkles? Because that would still prove my point.
Still something they have to train specifically for contests to do
It's from Pokemon Junior #3: Save Our Squirtle!, one of two Pokemon anime original books. The statement is also proven by basically any media where two Pokemon of different species communicate.
Fair enough. I thought Automatic Translation was fine anyways.
I literally say on the profile why it encompasses every Pokemon.
Neutral on the matter of Resistance to Elemental Manipulation.

Honestly, I think there’s more than enough for Accelerated Development barring the Exp stuff. Let’s not forget that, commonly, you can find Evolved Pokemon in the wild at a level before they should be able to evolve. You can also find creatures such as Scizor iirc that shouldn’t be able to Evolve naturally on their own. The Fossil Pokemon in Sword and Shield are being released into the wild again, and adapting so fast it’s causing a problem, and oftentimes in the Anime Pokemon can develop clever ways to use Pokemon Moves such as Ash’s Thunder Armor, Dawn having Grottle eat Energy Ball to power up, or, as previously shown in the above links, learn entirely different moves mid-battle.

The spoiler said the Accelerated Development claim was denied due to Exp being Game Mechanics. I just thought I’d chime in and attempt to bolster your claims.

Experience points are also brought up in Episode 44 of the Anime, The Problem with Paras: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP044
In that episode, a girl is trying to get her Paras to win battles (Her Paras is especially weak/timid.) for experience so it can evolve, because Parasect's physiology would be ideal for making a great new medicine. Her Paras however, has to win battles to get EXP, & indeed, it evolves after KO-ing Ash's Charmeleon.

Last edited:
I can accept Accelerated Development now, just make sure to put the evidences in order and word it correctly.

If other profiles treat eating everything as adaptation than it's fine.

I'm still against all the other points I rejected, I also agree with Robot's motivations for rejecting the same things in the wall of text here above.
I'm especially againts resistance to Elemental Manipulation because otherwise it would be Resistance to Elemental (water, fire, plant, ground, air, electricity) + Martial Arts + Mind + Ectoplasm + Energy + Magic + Darkness + Metal + Ice + Poison and possibly something else, just an enormous amalgamation of all powers associated with types, just to point out that each Pokemon resists to something but is weaker to something else, it can't absolutely fit in a physiology whose purpose is to index common traits for every single Pokemon, and we are still borderline with other powers since Pokemon range from animals to plants, inorganic beings, spirits and more.

I also want to add that I'm absolutely against giving additional effects to moves that don't specifically do that.

And the Scyther thing is explained in the scans themselves. It is due to Blue's understanding of the essence of the enemy and passing it to Scyther due to their special bond.

A physiology page isn't to list everything a member of a species can potentially obtain in a way or another, it serves to list everything that they have by default just beecause they are members of that species.

Again, just 2 is better than 1

Yes, but being able to convince yourself to talk to people because either you or they have a pet isn't Social Influencing. It's called not being an introvert

Probably nothing. In my opinion, Body Control could probably be kept for the rapid weight loss, but just label it as Enhanced Metabolism

In my opinion it could probably be fine, but the "watch other Pokemon beat opponents" needs to be rewritten to say that they have to use special items in doing so

Yes it was foreshadowed in the same movie, but again, never referenced to again after that point.
Also, god I hate that episode, as even with the references to the original movie (i.e. Mewtwo's entrance), not only is nothing ever confirmed, but neither Ash nor Mewtwo actually recognize each other, even if Ash knows OF Mewtwo

That doesn't change the fact that it's such a blatantly obvious hyperbole. Have you seriously never heard characters say some variant of "You're __ years too early to beat me"? He's not saying he's lived a million years. He's boasting and saying it would take a million years of constant training to best him. It's literally a joke.

Eh, I'd say take it off if that's your only evidence unless someone can clarify it

Again, akin to rapid metamorphasis moreso than actual evolution, so as said, just their natural growing process.

As for eating human food, I guess they technically adapt to eat all the sugar and salt we put in our food? Plus the pokemon that can eat foods that would be poison to their real world equivalents like canines eating chocolate. Idk though

I mean, it feels kinda obvious that it's just "Read about a topic and you become better at it" or just being able to adapt other topics into your skills as a trainer, like being a better cook or whatnot.

Or you just happened to be paying more attention to your surroundings.

Still something they have to train specifically for contests to do

Fair enough. I thought Automatic Translation was fine anyways.

Neutral on the matter of Resistance to Elemental Manipulation.
Yes, but Clemont was saying the pair was greater than 2.

It's not just you talking to other people, it's also other people talking to you, and that still doesn't mean it wouldn't affect social interactions. Also, most people in Pokemon aren't introverts whether or not they own Pokemon.

What special items? Poké Balls?

To be fair, Mewtwo wiped Ash's memories of Mewtwo's existence.

I've genuinely never heard of that metaphor in my life.

Just because it's their natural growing process doesn't mean it doesn't work the same way as evolution of IRL animals. In fact, the same scan also says it's an ability to adapt to their environment.

Why would you not be paying attention to your surroundings while on a walk? Also this happens consistently, to anyone who walks with a Pokemon.

What special items? Poké Balls?
XP Share... You know, the item that allows pokemon not in combat to gain xp? But that's man-made so it really doesn't count
To be fair, Mewtwo wiped Ash's memories of Mewtwo's existence.
Doesn't excuse Mewtwo completely forgetting the guy who helped change his entire view of the world
Why would you not be paying attention to your surroundings while on a walk? Also this happens consistently, to anyone who walks with a Pokemon.
You'd be paying attention, but not enough to notice some hidden away item

I would say that fighting and normal type pokemon are capable of hitting intangible beings considering that they are capable of hitting the ghost/soul of a Marowak.

In the case of this NPC's dialogue: I feel that her full dialogue may be necessary.
"It makes it easier to talk to people if they have Pokemon with them." feels like it could be part of a larger amount of dialogue.
Especially since many NPCs are trainers where they'll have unique dialogue for when they first encounter you, when they lose, & after being defeated.
Even if she isn't a trainer, she may have multiple dialogue boxes. (Or a dialogue tree, lol.)
I've genuinely never heard of that metaphor in my life.

Just because it's their natural growing process doesn't mean it doesn't work the same way as evolution of IRL animals. In fact, the same scan also says it's an ability to adapt to their environment.

It's a rather common trope/cliche, especially in Japanese media. See: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YearsTooEarly

Regarding Automatic Translation, Pokemon do often seem to understand one another's vocalizations & possibly body language, at the least, but many humans often seem to not entirely understand what their Pokemon are trying to communicate, except, in some cases, seemingly on a more emotional level, as with those who've bonded with their trainers & such.
Given that, I'd question if Automatic Translation applies when it's not Pokemon-to-Pokemon communication, especially if Pokemon that can speak human language is treated as such a big deal. (Maybe the Pokemon that speak human languages being treated as a big deal is Plot-Induced Stupidity?)

I mean, Pokemon are certainly able to understand humans, but speaking to them directly does seem like a rare trait, regardless of most pokemon clearly being sapient

I will agree that most Pokemon seem more capable of understanding humans than a typical animal would.
However, how much they understand of what humans say seems ambiguous, IMHO. If we're to assert Pokemon automatic translation applies with non-Pokemon species, I think it'd be worthwhile to get evidence demonstrating the extent to which it works with non-Pokemon.

Limited Automatic Translation should cover the problems.

I agree that Gyarados' dialogue is an hyperbole and a figure of speech like many others, and also it doesn't make sense to them to live so much. You're not convincing me that all the pokemon graveyards host Pokemon that have either been killed in battle or reached the end of their life after million of years. Like, that girl in one game who lost a Growlithe, it's absurd to say that she received a million-years old Growlithe and outlived it. And Wartortle, according to the dex, is a particular case of a Pokemon being considered and exceptional symbol of longevity and is said to be (therefore not proven) able to live up to 10k years, still way less than a million and way more than any other Pokemon.

Pokemon's evolution were compared to other "common terrestrial life" because at the time, in the first generation, the Pokemon world was the same as the human one, but with those monsters inside. For example, elephants are mentioned in Gastly and Raichu's dex entries, Brazil is mentioned in Dr. Fuji's diary about Mew and there's a whole page for this type of things on Bulbapedia.
And even then, it doesn't match the definition of Reactive Evolution.
At most it can be stretched as a part of Accelerated Development, but it's still based on an outdated conception.

The tears of Pokemon being able to resurrect others because yes is a movie-only thing and shouldn't be counted at all.

Rage power could be fine for Pikachu only, while Shuffle needs definitely more context and explanation.
Berserk mode is just getting angry, the Ranger's explanation is not different from making a real animal upset. The second scan can be used for that specific Pokemon, that I don't know which is because it's off screen.

Just because a single Pokemon did something once it doesn't mean it has to be extended to every Pokemon in existence, given how much different they are in almost everything.

Limited Automatic Translation should cover the problems.
I guess if we just want to have the blog released & acceptable, maybe so, but I feel like such ambiguities will 'cause problems in Versus Threads & other debates where the ability comes up, unimportant as those threads may be.
Rage power could be fine for Pikachu only, while Shuffle needs definitely more context and explanation.
No offense meant, but, if possible, I also would like to know what "Shuffle" is in this context?
Just because a single Pokemon did something once it doesn't mean it has to be extended to every Pokemon in existence, given how much different they are in almost everything.
What is this referring to?

Shuffle is the name of a puzzle game and I'm not even sure if it can be taken literally in giving powers.

I was referring to the fact that many of these powers or instances (including rage power, which is the last I saw) are just things done, claimed or similar by a single pokemon and just extended to everyone of them. Even adaptation or whatever power is Chespin losing weight, it could perfectly be something limited to it, since we don't have evidences of all Pokemon being able to do such things (and many of them shouldn't even have body fat). And every Pokemon has unique traits and more, so upscaling random things performed by a single one to every others is a huge stretch.

Yes, because Chespin is the only Pokemon who's ever been fat.

You're right about the Gyarados thing though (Thought he meant they were a million years too LATE), and the Blue's Scyther thing now makes sense now that I think about it.

Chespin is the only Pokemon who has shown to reduce his fat in such speed, though. (And some Pokemon are naturally fat)
Pokemon like Graveler, Magnezone, Muk, Trevenant and many others can't literally have body fat, since they are made of inorganic materials, are plants or are immaterial etc...
We don't extend powers demonstrated only by a single member of a category to all the others, without the confirmation of this power being possessed by all of them, especially if they are so different as the Pokemon are.
Otherwise you could go through every single media and pick things from random Pokemon and extend it to all of them, like the enhanced senses that were recently added to Arbok.

I'm here to give my opinion on some of the things that are in contention. I'll make a list of the things I disagree with from Robot's list.
  • Statistics Amplification: I don't see why the third reason is a special case at all. It's a narrative consistently pushed for each time a human transforms into a Pokémon. That seems like a very random assumption.
  • Adaptation: Even if it's not combat-applicable, the ability needs to be added.
  • Social Influencing: Contests being for that reason =/= automatically going to be impressed by what's done. That's not a particularly good reason to use against this.
  • Reactive Evolution: The Chespin thing probably works better as a side-example, as Strym originally said. However, I do think that the ability should be kept for other reasons. The Pokémon Anime is pretty reminiscent of how battles actually happen in-universe, but Pokémon constantly react to their opponent's strengths in fights and develop traits in response. They can learn moves on the fly to help deal with the situation at hand, evolve in order to better match their opponent (some), etc. A lot of this can happen on the fly to suit their situations. That's pretty in-line with what's needed for the ability. Blue's Scyther should be removed, but it could give Trainer Pokémon a more potent Reactive Evo.
  • Accelerated Development: It has already been explained above how EXP isn't game mechanics; it's something directly acknowledged in the Anime.
  • Minor Berserk Mode: The refute to this is downright awful and makes no sense. When they're in Rage Mode, Pokémon in the Ranger Games specifically get a boost in power, they get more AoE and effects for attacks, etc. The boss list goes over some of the more notable examples of it. They also become more resistant to the capture effects, which we regard as Mind Manipulation IIRC. That's further listed as one of the uses of Berserk Mode, so it's got even more support.
  • Resurrection: The reasoning being used against it is garbage. The situation having weird attributes doesn't deny the fact it happened. As it stands as well, the site still considers the movies canon. Mewtwo Strikes Back especially has strong ties to the canon: it shows the events of Gary losing to Mewtwo (which we know is the canon depiction because of how Gary describes the Pokémon he faced), they show Mewtwo escaping from the lab in the Anime (something we see clearly in the movie), and other details. Something similar happened in M20 as well. The ability should be fine to add.
  • Regeneration: The "anime gag" of Snorlax body slamming Arbok is in the middle of a fight; that would be an incredibly odd place to put a gag. It's consistent with how the move is supposed to be portrayed as well, so it's incredibly dumb to write off like that. The Meowth example has more understanding, but it's still consistent with Arbok's. Other parts of the canon seem to be consistent with this.
  • Minor Self-Resurrection: It's noted literally in the same scan that the Scyther would be able to bring itself back to life through willpower. Willpower allowing Pokémon to lolnope things like this is something that happens a lot in the franchise. I'd be heavily against this being removed.
  • Non-Physical Interaction: Normal Types and Fighting Types can also still interact with the Ghost of Marowak, despite the initial gripe that was stated. This should be fine to still apply.
  • Automatic Translation: Only commenting on this to say I agree it's limited. It's more for Pokémon interpreting and understanding things as we don't exactly know if humans fully understand them back.
  • Resistance to Acid Manipulation: I don't see how that debunks the resistance. That'd just mean that those other moves are more potent than the resistance they have to it.
  • Resistance to Elemental Manipulation: While I wasn't originally for it, I did talk about it to a friend. He said that this could probably just be clarified as a limited resistance instead because they are all resistant/immune to an element of some kind. Considering that Elemental Manipulation is incredibly broad and not limited to one thing, I think that a limited resistance might work best here. However, I wouldn't be against it if the majority thought it was too weird to keep.
Things that I agree aren't good to use:
  • Body Control: The specific example used to justify it has multiple problems with it. Notably, even if we accepted it was correct, it wouldn't apply to inorganic Pokémon.
  • Rage Power: This seems a little weird to apply from Shuffle.
  • Longevity: The more I think about this, the more I think it likely shouldn't be applied. Wartortle is a pretty extreme example of this, and it's likely that's its lifespan is based on how crazy an IRL tortoise is for aging. Also, some of them have straight-up Immortality, so I don't think it's best to add.
  • Matter Manipulation and Light Manipulation: This seems pretty specific to certain moves in contests. While I don't doubt that it applies to a lot of them, some mons have really limited movepools that make me feel like this should be a no.
  • Resistance to Poison Manipulation: I have to agree on this being clear Game Mechanics.
Otherwise you could go through every single media and pick things from random Pokemon and extend it to all of them, like the enhanced senses that were recently added to Arbok.
Most of the things on the page have multiple examples from other Pokémon or come from general statements about their nature. Let's not exaggerate what's being done here, dude.

• Statistics Amplification: I don't see why the third reason is a special case at all. It's a narrative consistently pushed for each time a human transforms into a Pokémon. That seems like a very random assumption.
What's meant by "special case" is that it only applies to pokemon that were specifically once human, of which the vast majority of pokemon (aside from like two or three pokemon which consistently state that most of their species are past-humans, unlike pokemon like Kadabra that only state it happened once) were not. And even then, Yamask and Phantump don't display feats that put them so far beyond regular pokemon like the protagonists in Mystery Dungeon are. So it's not something that should be added to a list of abilities that applies to the general species of all pokemon.
  • Resurrection: The reasoning being used against it is garbage. The situation having weird attributes doesn't deny the fact it happened. As it stands as well, the site still considers the movies canon. Mewtwo Strikes Back especially has strong ties to the canon: it shows the events of Gary losing to Mewtwo (which we know is the canon depiction because of how Gary describes the Pokémon he faced), they show Mewtwo escaping from the lab in the Anime (something we see clearly in the movie), and other details. Something similar happened in M20 as well. The ability should be fine to add.
The only way this ability would be fine to add is if it was written with very specific notes of how Ash died, stating that the people being resurrected have to have been "killed" under the very specific circumstances in which Ash did during that movie. (Emotionally-charged psychic energy clash between mew and mewtwo during a race war). Once again, it's a problem of being too specific of a scenario to just add as a general ability that all pokemon have. We never see this kind of ability again because it only happened due to weird plot armor scenarios. And no, M20 isn't further evidence either, as the only commonality between the two is Ash's Pikachu, which we know isn't your average Pikachu

Last edited:
What's meant by "special case" is that it only applies to pokemon that were specifically once human, of which the vast majority of pokemon (aside from like two or three pokemon which consistently state that most of their species are past-humans, unlike pokemon like Kadabra that only state it happened once) were not. And even then, Yamask and Phantump don't display feats that put them so far beyond regular pokemon like the protagonists in Mystery Dungeon are. So it's not something that should be added to a list of abilities that applies to the general species of all Pokémon.
Okay, this looks more agreeable now that it's more properly explained. However, it would be fine to likely apply to the MD Pokémon since it's a general statement for them. Also, that'd be a reversal of the burden of proof with your Yamask and Phantump example. It would have been on you to prove that considering the evidence had I not agreed.
The only way this ability would be fine to add is if it was written with very specific notes of how Ash died, stating that the people being resurrected have to have been "killed" under the very specific circumstances in which Ash did during that movie. (Emotionally-charged psychic energy clash between mew and mewtwo during a race war). Once again, it's a problem of being too specific of a scenario to just add as a general ability that all pokemon have. We never see this kind of ability again because it only happened due to weird plot armor scenarios. And no, M20 isn't further evidence either, as the only commonality between the two is Ash's Pikachu, which we know isn't your average Pikachu
Numerous things wrong with this. Let's go one by one.

So first of all, you said it's just plot armor, never referenced against, and it has nothing indicating it outside of the Mewtwo scene? Yeah, so I checked the movie transcript, and you are factually incorrect on this one, sorry.

“The prophets have predicted the return of the Winds of Water. For years... ...l prayed mankind would never witness that deadly storm ever again.

lsn't that just a legend?

Ancient writings tell of the storm wiping out all but a few Pokémon. ln their sorrow... ...the water of their tears restored the lives lost in the storm.”

There is a reference to them doing this exact thing in an unspecified event earlier in the chronology. Them doing that to Ash in that scene is just reaffirming what was said earlier as a fact. Labeling it off as plot armor is completely disingenuous to the plot and the context. So, that argument is completely bunk.

The ability being specific doesn't mean it wouldn't be noted. Removing it would be saying that they don't have it period, which would be outright false again. At worst, all you'd be pushing it down to would be a limited. However, it should just be full out Resurrection considering the previous quote. The situation doesn't change anything at all. That's a very poor reason to reject it as well.

Okay, so you attacked a point I never even made, nice. I brought up M20 because it's yet another example of the ability, not because of Ash's Pikachu. Even then, that argument doesn't even properly work because it's an alt universe Pikachu. We already acknowledge it as Resurrection as well because Ash's alt universe self has it noted on his profile. Ash's Pikachu being stronger than the norm would not give it an automatically exclusive ability, especially when that's especially not suggested by the original movie.

Everything here is stacked against you on this ability. Literally, everything you've said is just factually wrong regarding this point. I'm willing to agree on the Statistics Amplification, but Resurrection being dismissed as wrong relies on incredibly dishonest points.

What about the ability Acrobatics?

I don't think it applies to Pokemon like Avalugg, Torterra, Gigalith and others in general, even if less heavy.

Where is Acrobatics coming from? I can understand it for more agile Pokémon like Weavile or Lucario, but it'd be doubtful for something like Snorlax or Wailord.

Question should legendaries all get telepathy?
I remember even legendaries like Kaldeo for some reason have it

Even splitting every single type in categories would just confirm how much Pokemon are different and have little things in common, it wouldn't be a physiology page anymore.
It would be like listing every form of super saiyan in saiyan physiology, due to the impossibility of finding a common ground for everything.
Telepathy too shouldn't be there, if it's exclusive to legendaries and some other Pokemon (mainly psychic) it still doesn't fit a physiology page whose purpose is to index powers that every single Pokemon possesses by default just because it is a Pokemon.

Where is Acrobatics coming from? I can understand it for more agile Pokémon like Weavile or Lucario, but it'd be doubtful for something like Snorlax or Wailord.
Yeah, I guess you're right, however, Snorlax is surprisingly agile (even though this is a Z-move)
GrimyRepentantHarvestmen-max-1mb.gif

ᴬˡˢᵒ ᵃ ᴹᵃᵍᶦᵏᵃʳᵖ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᵉⁿᵒᵘᵍʰ ʸᵉᵃʳˢ ᶜᵃⁿ ʲᵘᵐᵖ ᵐᵒᵘⁿᵗᵃᶦⁿˢ, ᵇᵘᵗ ʷʰᵃᵗᵉᵛᵉʳ.
7m13mVV.gif

Last edited:
The self sealing is pretty weird to me, it looks more like a fuction of the pokeball or limited technology manip.

Back