• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Important Discussion Rule Section - Staff Thread Creation Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that we can continue here.

If I remember correctly, the two intentions with this discussion thread are to create a new sub-forum within our regular staff forum where very controversial regular content revision threads can be posted by our staff members or regular members with permission from an administrator or higher, as well as to add the following text to one of our wiki's rule pages in order to create a structure that is easier to navigate within our staff forum.

"Only community members who have completed the verification process are allowed to create staff threads. Verification ensures the authenticity of members within the community and their eligibility to initiate staff threads.

Verified community members seeking to create staff threads must adhere to the following guidelines:

• Clearly specify in the thread title and opening post that they have obtained explicit permission from authorized staff members to create the thread.
  • Provide accurate and relevant information within the staff thread, ensuring it aligns with the purpose for which permission was granted.
Authorization to create staff threads will be granted by staff members with evaluation rights."

This seems quite reasonable to me at least.

@AKM sama @DontTalkDT @DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Agnaa @Just_a_Random_Butler @DarkGrath

What do you think?
@AKM sama @DontTalkDT @Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Agnaa @Just_a_Random_Butler @DarkGrath

What do you think about this?

And can somebody investigate where exactly that our new rule text should be placed please?

Which staff members currently think what here? And have these suggestions been rejected due to a lack of interest?

Which staff members currently think what here?
I think people were fine with the second proposal, which was just adding this to one of the staff pages
"Only community members who have completed the verification process are allowed to create staff threads. Verification ensures the authenticity of members within the community and their eligibility to initiate staff threads.

Verified community members seeking to create staff threads must adhere to the following guidelines:

• Clearly specify in the thread title and opening post that they have obtained explicit permission from authorized staff members to create the thread.
  • Provide accurate and relevant information within the staff thread, ensuring it aligns with the purpose for which permission was granted.
Authorization to create staff threads will be granted by staff members with evaluation rights."
Which I think is alright. The other proposals by Dread were rejected, however.

Well, I am uncertain about the point of the following text section:

"Only community members who have completed the verification process are allowed to create staff threads. Verification ensures the authenticity of members within the community and their eligibility to initiate staff threads."

And the following slightly modified text seems more appropriate to add to our Discussion Rules page:

"Community members seeking to create staff threads must adhere to the following guidelines:
Authorization to create staff threads will be granted by administrators or bureaucrats."

Last edited:
Well, I am uncertain about the point of the following text section:

"Only community members who have completed the verification process are allowed to create staff threads. Verification ensures the authenticity of members within the community and their eligibility to initiate staff threads."
You said you were okay with it.

Well, currently it seems uncertain what it refers to exactly, and if it refers to that members need to seek approval from bureaucrats or administrators beforehand, that should be made easier to understand by casual readers.

Well, currently it seems uncertain what it refers to exactly, and if it refers to that members need to seek approval from bureaucrats or administrators beforehand, that should be made easier to understand by casual readers.
Then can I add the modified text you suggested without that section?
Community members seeking to create staff threads must adhere to the following guidelines:
Authorization to create staff threads will be granted by administrators or bureaucrats.

It seems fine to me at least, but it would be preferable with further staff input.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Andytrenom @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Just_a_Random_Butler @Agnaa @DarkGrath Is the following addition to our discussion rules acceptable?
Community members seeking to create staff threads must adhere to the following guidelines:
Authorization to create staff threads will be granted by administrators or bureaucrats.

I don't think stating it in the title specifically should be a necessity, but it should be on the thread itself prominently, if not the very first thing in the message.

I've always been iffy on thread mods getting their so far de facto staff permission granting rights revoked.

I've always been iffy on thread mods getting their so far de facto staff permission granting rights revoked.
Well, our staff forum needs to be restricted to only very important discussion threads, mainly ones with a significant effect for our entire wiki, so we need to make certain that our more experienced staff members evaluate if they should be posted.

I'm fine with the rule, don't think the promotion needs to be mentioned in the title (just just stated clearly in the OP) but it's fine with me either way.

@IdiosyncraticLawyer

Would you be willing to apply what has been accepted here then please?
Done, close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back