• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Discussion Thread XI or I: The Eternal Story

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Previous Thread

The Ashley Taylor Memoria Tumblr Project

Feels like we're starting all over again tbh. Anyways, the main topic of discussion for this thread is just the updating of the Physiology pages and lifting strength for the girls. That and the Mega CRT, which is still going to be best left for later, so discuss any upgrades or downgrades you have evidence for!

I'll be working on covering the spin-off girls, don't expect to much Magia Record content from me with this list down below:
  • Oriko Magica:
    • Original Magical Girls:
    • Extra Story:
      • Sasa Yuuki
      • Komaki Asako
      • (Maybe) Literally every other magical girl.
    • Witches:
      • Cecil
      • (Maybe) Literally every other witch.
  • Kazumi Magica:
  • Suzune Magica:
    • Suzune Amano
    • Arisa Narumi
    • Chisato Shion
    • Haruka Kanade
    • Matsuri Hinata
    • Kagari Hinata
    • (Maybe) Tsubaki Mikoto
  • Tamura Magica:
    • Akemi-ya:
      • Tamura Akemi
      • Professor Homura
      • Swordsman Homura (Optional)
      • Brawler Homura (Optional)
      • Bar Homura
      • Rampaging Sayaka
      • Mami Tomoe (Mami and Homu)
    • Level 9999:
    • Metal ☆ Magica:
      • Sayaka Miki (Metal ☆ Magica)
      • Mami Tomoe (Metal ☆ Magica)
    • Misc.:
      • Queen Mami
      • Kyoko Sakura (Chocolate Factory)
      • Spacebase Madoka Kaname
      • Mami & Madoka (The Mink & Animal Friends)
      • The Legacy of Merlin
      • Mami Tomoe (Magica ☆ Rider)
      • (Maybe) Literally every other Mami Magical Girl

Note: All profiles made since 2020 had already accounted the changes, so we're skipping Oriko Magica, half of Magia Record, and a few misc. characters.
Nov 28, 2020: Sayaka Miki & Kyoko Sakura.
Nov 29, 2020: Mami Tomoe, Puella Magi Physiology, & Witch Physiology.
Nov 30, 2020: Madoka Kaname, Kriemhild Gretchen, Homura Akemi, H.N. Elly, Uhrmann, Gertrud, Patricia, Walpurgisnacht.
Dec 28, 2020: Wraith.
Jan 01, 2021: Piiko.
Jan 08, 2021: Nagisa Momoe, Durbar.
Jan 13, 2021: False Madoka, Kirika.
Feb 03, 2021: Rampaging Sayaka.
Feb 10, 2021: Kyoko Sakura (Level 9999), Kyoko Sakura (Chocolate Factory).
Feb 12, 2021: Madoka Kaname (Level 9999).
Feb 13, 2021: Elisa, Riz, Melissa.
Feb 20, 2021: Pernelle
Feb 21, 2021: Corbeau, Minou
Mar 03, 2021: Lapin
Mar 18, 2021: Isabeau
Next-Day Available:

Last edited:
Finally!

I have tired of waiting.

JkhehhpB_400x400.png

Here's what I currently have for the Mega CRT, is there anything I forgot?

PUELLA MAGI MEGA REVISIONS
Iroha Tamaki:
  • Durability: Island level with Thread Manipulation (Capable of protecting Sayaka Miki from Holy Mami's bullet hell. Also shown capable of knocking around Holy Mami, however, she took no damage from the thrashing).
  • Feats:
    • Capable of killing the Memory Curator Uwasa with her own abilities.
Doppels seem to also be summonable to an extent, on-demand.
Holy Mami:
  • Abilities: Instinctive Reaction (Shown that her own body will dodge or block attacks that she has no way of being aware of), Homing Attack (Every single bullet released is capable of homing down and changing directions depending on where the enemy is), possible Resistance to Causality Manipulation (Entirely unaffected by Doppel Campanella's tail).
  • Feats:
    • A single Tiro Finale from Holy Mami is capable of destroying and deflecting hundreds of Yachiyo Nanami's tridents.
    • A stray Tiro Finale is capable of producing a blast comparable to a nuclear explosion.
Sayaka Miki:
Kriemhild Gretchen: Further evidence of Kriemhild Gretchen being at least a moon level character. Also seemingly capable of Spaceflight, Large Size (Type 4, larger than the moon), Immortality (Type 1), & crossing interstellar distances. Here is the full segment of her event.

Ultimate Madoka: Upgrade to “Omniscience within the World of the Wraiths (Nagisa's story event shows that Ultimate Madoka does in fact know every memory a magical girl would have as well, so now there is really nothing left for her to know), Nigh-Omniscience otherwise (As shown by Rebellion and Magia Record, her knowledge is slightly restricted, leading to her almost being captured by Kyubey, having her powers stolen by Homura Akemi, and unable to determine the outcome of the MagiReco universe [Essentially she can no longer account for free-will])”.

Homura Akemi (Magia Record) & Homura Akemi (Wraith Arc): At least Multiversal+ range with Telepathy (Both Homura Akemi(s) are connected to each other thanks to the Mirror Witch being a singularity connecting to other worlds, allowing them to share memories [Or Memoria in this case] and the ability to Doppel Witch transform).

All Homura Akemis: Resistance to Time Manipulation (Somewhat implied by Kyubey during the Wraith Arc, but further shown in Homura ☆ Tamura by Tamura Akemi on several occasions and other Homuras (Like Practical Joke Homura).)

Corbeau: In the second part of the Tart event, it's revealed that Minou was the one who actually cast the spell and all that. Corbeau still keeps the abilties found in the game though, like Summoning. Also Paralysis Inducement via feathers (Shown in the manga and the game that her feathers, upon contact with their shadow, paralyzes the afflicted and prevents magic and movement.

Durbar: It's revealed that the combined might of the Mitzuiki house and Holy Quintet couldn't kill this uber-witch. She has quite a few feats in this depiction.
Kazumi: Speed from her second tab onwards should be changed into 'At least Massively Hypersonic, likely higher (Fought all the Pleiades Saints at once, each one of them is at least comparable to Homura Akemi), Massively FTL+ with Time Acceleration (The original user, Saki, used the ability once to reach the other side of the city before two other magical girls could react. Before to the ability, Saki had a bob hair-cut, but accelerated her own time so much she had grown it to her feet).

The Wings of Magius & Kyubey &... Isabeau de Bavière?: So Chapter 10's second episode explains that the original Wings of Magius (Touka, Ui, & Nemu) all have their powers directly derived from Kyubey. Which then scales to Isabeau de Bavière as well. These abilities include:
  • Manifest: Nemu's ability, or abilities, taken from Kyubey.
    • Transmutation, Creation, Soul Manipulation, & Life Manipulation: Nemu has the ability to further transform the energy produced, capable of giving it physical form or even creating something like a soul gem. Uwasa can also be recreated with the much easier than initially created, so all of the Uwasa are summonable in combat. However, Uwasa specifically requires a story to base them off, so Kyubey can't necessarily create that. Isabeau, on the other hand...
  • Conversion: Touka's ability, also taken by Kyubey.
  • Harvest: Ui's ability taken from Kyubey.
    • Absorption: With Tens of Kilometers range. Ui gains the impurities produced by a witch being born and a Puella Magi contracting. It is a passive ability, that as of chapter 10, has Ui actively repress.
    • Resistance to Power Absorption: Upon gaining this ability, Ui nearly immediately witched out. The implication here is that Kyubeyat any moment holds enough curses that it would immediately corrupt a magical girl.
      • For Kyubey, this means he should be upgraded to At least Low 7-C, albeit it is extremely out of character for him to use this.
General Witch Abilities:
  • Curse Manipulation: So we finally understand what curses do to ordinary people. Remember curses are passive
    • Reactive Power Level: (Witches grow stronger according to the despair and anguish of those around them; shown by Isabeau de Bavière and in The Howa Howa event.)
    • Power Nullification: Extreme amounts of curses are capable of nullifying the abilities of magical girls and weakening them to the point that they can't move. Most witches lack enough to bypass a magical girl's innate resistance though, so they shouldn't inherently scale to her degree of power nullification, same for the next ability.
    • Matter Manipulation: With enough curses, Eve began breaking down the molecules around her. Given this was somewhat early in the story (When she was revealed back in Chapter 8), normal witches should still be somewhat able to do this, obviously not to the extent as Eve. However, I still would write this up as non-combat applicable until we see more witches do this.
General Uwasa Abilities:
  • At least Average Intelligence (Rumor Girls are shown capable of human speech and manipulation, in episode 13 of the anime, one is even shown driving Touka through the city).
  • Resistance to extreme temperatures: AI-Chan is seen unaffected by the colds of the artics and the heat of lava.
  • Abstract Existence (Type 1): We already knew that Uwasa were the physical manifestations of rumors since the beginning of Magia Record. However, with the translations of the Chapter 10 events, we see that even their supposed destruction and contradiction of the rumors isn't enough to get rid of them.
General Puella Magi Abilities:

Last edited:
I believe we should fix UKG Nonexistence stuff by straight up listing it as Type 2 NEP. Also, High-Godly needs to go since that level of regen is pretty much worthless for NEP type 2.

Now onto the most problematic issue at the hand, UKG did regen after Madoka Erased her again despite already being NEP type 2, but our current highest level of regen (High-Godly) doesn't cover this. What should we do about it?

@Beast Sure I guess, though technically speaking someone could have the ability to interact with NEP but not get by High-Godly Regen.

We could just note in the NEP explanation that even though Madoka could defeat NEP type 2, UKG still came back.

@Random will add.

Something that was brought up here, with kazumi being mftl with time manip (remembered this becaus she's fighting han again in the current 7-a tournament)
Also other supporting resistance to temperatures, kazumi being fine after being stuck in ice by souju

I would like also to add something, I think I believe all magical girls should have Cosmic Awareness. Kyoko and Homura was able to tell what's going inside of Witches Labyrinth in the main series during Sayaka battle against Elsa Maria.

a couple people from Bleach (Aizen and Yhwach) got their Cosmic Awareness from the same justification.

@Random I'm a bit hesitant about adding time manip for speed. I'll look for the scans for Kazumi's resist, thanks for mentioning that.

Wouldn't extrasensory perception cover that @Beast?

@Beast I'm talking about the definition of ESP on the site.

@Random I guess, though the rules do state time manip shouldn't be used for speed.

Isn't that only about not giving infinite speed to someone moving in time stop/ timeless places?
Just checked and yeah that's what it says, also from note 5 on speed: "Abilities that accelerate a user's time to make them faster can be mentioned as a rating in the Speed section of the relevant profile, as these abilities increase a user's speed relative to everyone else. However, they should be mentioned separate to their non-amplified speed. For example: Normal Human, FTL via time acceleration."

@SD ESP doesn't cover "knowing the event that happens in another dimension". They just covers "detecting something on certain distance".

@Random I schnee

@Beast Detecting something (the event) on a certain distance (In this case, a different dimension). Though if people added it for similar feats, I guess I can't quite complain here either. I'll add cosmic awareness to the thread, just need clips of it happening.

It happened during Sayaka battling Elsa Maria. Kyoko observed the battle from outside of the Labyrinth and Homura comes in, stated and I quote "It isn't like you just to watch."

@Beast_Zero_Gudako I'd say wait a bit more, people are probably rushing to put their own CRTs as is anyways.

@Veloxt1r0kore I think she does in Another Story, when she meets Mifuyu.

@Randomlamdom yeah probably, Kyubey is missing quite a bit by his own right, just haven't had much time to focus on him exclusively. (Though he does scale from the abilities of the Magius / Ui).

Not sure if that clip would be enough for Attack Reflection.

Hey SD, remember when i posted a screenshot where Uwasa Ai & Ferris Wheel having conversation with Uwasa Sakura?

Since their "Rumor" have been destroyed, and yet still exists, wouldn't this make all Uwasa having NEP type 2?

I feel like we already talked about this lol, but yeah, I think that would be enough evidence to get them all up to type 2 for their rumor forms at least.

Well, I only remember talking about more evidences for Rumor Type 1 AE from Coolmura sidestory. I just remembered about Rumor conversation last night and thought they should qualify as NEP type 2.

@Beast_Zero_Gudako Well if its something like an imgur you could link it. If not, can you post them on my message wall on the old vsbattles?

I think it'd only be used in like 10 pages maybe? Don't think that's enough for it to have its own page.

Huh, for some reason I wasn't getting notifications of discussion happening here. Anyway, don't have much of anything to add to this discussion.

Just thought I'd mention the Ashley zine is currently at 90 submissions. Feeling pretty good about it.

Yeah, the notification system is pretty weird here. Though I think that's why they added the @ system. @Leafbladie

Very noice, seems it's filling up pretty nicely.

Yeah, the notification system is pretty weird here. Though I think that's why they added the @ system. @Leafbladie

Very noice, seems it's filling up pretty nicely.
@ system seems kinda nice.

And yeah, the zine should break 100 pieces by the end of the run I think. Glad so many people from around the world wanted to contribute. Here's hoping Ashley comes to JP soon and gets an actual event.

I'm thinking Ashley is gonna get the Mobage treatment and be forgotten forever, especially if JP doesn't want their own fanbase to see how sus the entire EN shutdown was.

Back