• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Discussion Thread XI or I: The Eternal Story

Btw SD, what is Alina and Tart always do in-characters?

I want to make some of her matches but considering the low amount of PMMM supporters activity, i might carrying it by myself

Well Alina seems to just use ranged attacks and her barriers / doppel hax

Tart just either swings or uses her BFR

Alina's implied to beat Mami and Tart got trained by Riz, but we don't got much to go on

I already have that ready revision thread ready on a google doc, just waiting for a good time to release it so I don't just ditch it for a week.

It's either 7-B+ or 6-C, depending on how people vote in the thread.

Not sure if it’s super relevant or anything, but Kanoko’s doppel got released and seems rather strong (when it isn’t bullying its own creator). It was mentioned to be able to widen the tear in any object or concept to destroy them.

That was the logic why they were around that tier to begin with. It just happens that we got stricter with downscaling, so its either an upgrade or downgrade instead.

Not sure if it’s super relevant or anything, but Kanoko’s doppel got released and seems rather strong (when it isn’t bullying its own creator). It was mentioned to be able to widen the tear in any object or concept to destroy them.

Well then.

Didn't expect concept manipulation out of Kanoko.

Well then.

Didn't expect concept manipulation out of Kanoko.
Can’t say I expected it, but the girl experienced a precognitive vision of how her life would play out if she became a Magical Girl. So even before becoming a Magical Girl it seemed like there was something more to her.

That was the logic why they were around that tier to begin with. It just happens that we got stricter with downscaling, so its either an upgrade or downgrade instead.
Even with the stricter downscaling madoka is only 1.3x from baseline 6-c, with mami far below her i think it would be enough to downscale her to high 7-a

Can’t say I expected it, but the girl experienced a precognitive vision of how her life would play out if she became a Magical Girl. So even before becoming a Magical Girl it seemed like there was something more to her.

I just assumed that was the mushrooms.

Even with the stricter downscaling madoka is only 1.3x from baseline 6-c, with mami far below her i think it would be enough to downscale her to high 7-a

Yea, ofc the scaling is already a bit rough, given it depends on a statement from Homura Tamura, so we'll see with the thread.

Sayaka and tart should have platform creation
Back at it with this ability revision chain, would there need to be more evidence for puella magi having minor resistance to light and sound manipulation due to kyoko being unaffected by homura’s flash grenade?
Also, have resistance to transmutation listed under their resist to reality warping

And speaking of platform creation, kyoko has it

Last edited:
Back at it with this ability revision chain, would there need to be more evidence for puella magi having minor resistance to light and sound manipulation due to kyoko being unaffected by homura’s flash grenade?
Also, have resistance to transmutation listed under their resist to reality warping

Are magical girls resisting her flash grenades usual?

noice

Small speed revision time? it's small speed revision time, specifically momoko's magia. will put up a blog for this later, want to see if there is any correction i didn't see

The calc has a timeframe 4 seconds, 11 to 15, but momoko reached the top of her jump quicker than that. using this video the fps is 30 and conveniently the jump is 30 frames, so the time is 1 second. using the numbers from the calc: 1000000 m/s = mach 2915.45
But i believe the height is too high, since you can get a starry background at the height from the iss that's what i'll use. there's a lot of different numbers for it so i'll use what google says and the 2 lowest from wikipedia
408000 m/s = mach 1189.5, 370000 m/s = mach 1078.717, 413000 m/s = mach 1204.08

Massively hypersonic+ for anyone who scales to her and above

The reason why i used 4s is that no one actually reacts to Momoko jumping, the attack is when she comes down.
But if you feel like it needs a revision feel free to do it

The reason why i used 4s is that no one actually reacts to Momoko jumping, the attack is when she comes down.
But if you feel like it needs a revision feel free to do it
Ah late reply but i see, would that scrap the the calc or could it still be used?
A quick new calc gets mach 271.8, though below homura anyway

Do as you prefer, i no longer handle ratings and CRTs, if you think the calc is based on a wrong assumption, feel free to revise it, at worst it becomes a supporting MHS feat to Homura's, which is still useful data to determine outliers.

I am just not invested in powerscaling enough anymore, i only come back every now and then out of curiosity.

I've come to inform you all that due to a partnership decision between the writers of Honkai Gakuen 2 and Madoka Magica, both series are canon to eachother in terms of the Multiverse, and the HG2 x Madoka collab event is a thing :kek:
unknown.png

get bent noobs also we got homucifer x godoka cgs
SPOILER_unknown.png

Honestly i'm not sure about that, it's only Houkai Gakuen 2 that going to be affected and not Honkai Impact 3rd?
Both are, HG2 and Hi3rd share the same multiverse. HG2 does have a habit of absorbing random series into it which causes a few weird anamolies, tho ig you could interpret the Girls Frontline collab as them travelling to another multiverse? I still gotta wait for the actual HG2 event to come out so I can see the specifics of what it is (in case its a situation like in the Neptunia crossover where its a game made by Femiris)

Back again with revision ideas
First is simple, change telekinesis to weapon control, walpurgisnacht keeps hers but don’t know any others right now

Second i don’t expect to be accepted but still bringing it up since it was updated, possible beyond dimensional existence for madoka
Possible new type 2 from what’s described in beginning story

Watched the MagiReco finale. There might be some things worth calcing in it, and some powers to add to the characters.

Back