• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen II: Gen II Starter Mega Evolution When!?

First of all, what the frick is that image.

Second of all, should i consider Anticipation Clairvoyance or Enhanced Senses?

Question: Who do you guys think is the strongest 8-A Pokemon (by the site's standards, not in-game)

@Velox

Neat, i guess

@Gyro

After looking more, maybe Natu, but it can be either him or Murkrow IMO for now

Natu counters the guy I had in mind pretty well actually. Murkrow's pretty fitting too. Personally, I'd say Yanma and Porygon are up there as the stronger 8-As too

Forgot that Speed boost is OP.

Yeah, the 4 are quite strong, maybe we could find the 5 to build the top 5 8-A mons?

That sucks a little. Though i don't know if Gastly is that powerfull, maybe because of elemental intangibility, but other mons can hit him. I was thinking in Machop due to his bigger skill in comparition to other mons, but i guess that Machamp is the only one that has a gigantic skill advantage against most mons

I was thinking more about the regen. Machop's pretty skilled for sure, but lacks any sort of range

Oh yeah, that regen is quite nasty, and i forgot that Machamp was the only one with Stone Edge, poor Machop.

Maybe one of the pseudos? I know that we don't have profiles for most of them, but i guess that they could be in the high-end of the tier, albeit some of them are have little to no hax

I have a question that comes to mind when Ghastly was mentioned, shouldn't all Pokémon have non-physical interaction for being able to interact with Ghastly, Spiritomb and other ghost types, because quite a few of the profiles don't have it on.

Everything12 said:
I have a question that comes to mind when Ghastly was mentioned, shouldn't all Pokémon have non-physical interaction for being able to interact with Ghastly, Spiritomb and other ghost types, because quite a few of the profiles don't have it on.
They should yes. If you see a Pokemon profile that doesn't have non-physical interaction on it, please add that ability on

Drite77 said:
Maybe one of the pseudos? I know that we don't have profiles for most of them, but i guess that they could be in the high-end of the tier, albeit some of them are have little to no hax
Dratini seems annoying to face, due to paralysis, speed amps, extremespeed and shed skin to keep itself healthy

But i wonder if that is enough to be against the more haxxed mons here, maybe he would do great against Yanma

True, but Extreme Speed would problaby put Dratini above the speed amps of Yanma, though i can see Yanma winning

Oh, there is also Dragon Dance for Dratini, one of the best Stats amps in Competitive, and problaby a good stat amp in general

The paper I did was an Analysis Essay where we had to choose an ad and analayze it, like finding the audience that its directed toward, the demographics of the audience, what persuasive strategies the ad uses to draw audiences in, is it successful at doing that, etc.

I didnt really have an idea of what Ad I wanted to do at first but then I stumbled upon an ad for the Pokemon Trading Card Game and....yeah just went with that lol. Surprisingly, my professor thought it was an out of the box idea.

Back