• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen I

VioletVoid100 said:
Veloxt1r0kore said:
If my PC is good, i want to add Drapion here (there is more but my memories suck lel)
Doesn't Drapion have poison so potent that it rots steel?
I don't watch the anime, but the pokedex don't say how powerfull his poison is, it only says that he prefers to fight without using his poison, only to finish the enemies off

I thought the only Poison type with poison that can corrode steel was Salazzle. At least, to my knowledge without refering to the Pokedex.

Of coarse! Well, just a question. Would anyone expect to see a Gen 7 Mystery Dungeon? Even if it does, it would likely be a failure since the series is going downhill...

Psychomaster35 said:
Of coarse! Well, just a question. Would anyone expect to see a Gen 7 Mystery Dungeon? Even if it does, it would likely be a failure since the series is going downhill...
Doubt it. Sword & Shield are on their way, so a new Mystery Dungeon would probably be gen 8, if it comes out at all.

Also Super Mystery Dungeon was actually decent. The series isn't hopeless tbh.

Drite77 said:
VioletVoid100 said:
Veloxt1r0kore said:
If my PC is good, i want to add Drapion here (there is more but my memories suck lel)
Doesn't Drapion have poison so potent that it rots steel?
I don't watch the anime, but the pokedex don't say how powerfull his poison is, it only says that he prefers to fight without using his poison, only to finish the enemies off
Yeah I already found that out while looking him up before you replied.

A Gen 7 Mystery Dungeon? Not gonna happen with Sword and Shield on the horizon.

A Gen 8 Mystery Dungeon? Considering how good Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon was, I'd be interested to see where that one goes. Of course, SPMD acted like what Fire Emblem: Awakening was trying to be, so we'll see if the series ever emerges again.

In the meantime, we have Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: EVERY BUDDY to tide us over, so that's fun.

Eh, but at least make unlimited missions, 4 party members, and please, no breaks for them? Bringing others seemed pretty cool, but now its limited, which isnt even fun. I know they are trying to be realistic, but still...

If they can make another Mystery Dungeon game on the level of at least Red/Blue Rescue Team, let alone Explorers, I will thank Game Freak forever

I don't think Oranguru is Alakazam-level of smart. He's as smart as Slowking, who is at least as smart as top scientists, so he's still up there though

Gotta love Pokémon supposedly way smarter than humans still living in the wilds and acting like loose animals.

Gen VII's soundtrack still needs to grow on me as the only tracks I really like (not counting the RR remixes) are Ultra Necro, Lusamine, and E4. Guzma's growing on me.

But I freaking despise Battle at the Summit. Worst Champion theme by far. Every other Champion theme is either epic, badass, elegant, or all three. And for good reason. This however, aside from the first and last ten seconds, sounds like the theme you'd hear upon starting the game. Not your final challenge.

Platinum probably has my favourite soundtrack. From the lake theme, to the team galactic themes (especially commanders) to Cyrus, to the legendary themes, to both of Cynthia's themes and especially the route themes + Mt. Coronet. I also quite like the Distortion World theme and the wild battle + gym leader/elite four themes. It's all just so atmospheric and nostalgic, or intense.

The real cal howard said:
But I freaking despise Battle at the Summit. Worst Champion theme by far. Every other Champion theme is either epic, badass, elegant, or all three.
Ironically, everyone I've seen loved it as it was a perfect send off song for the last generation on the 3DS. Although, Hau's Champion theme beats it by far imho.

I mean it's not supposed to be elegant or impressive, because you're not fighting a big legendary champion. Technically it's your theme.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I mean it's not supposed to be elegant or impressive, because you're not fighting a big legendary champion. Technically it's your theme.
This.

It's not anyone's actual theme as everyone you fight is the challenger. You are the Champion here.

In that regard, I feel that a theme more befitting of the player character (Meaning more "basic" and reminiscent of the start of the game) fits way better than just making it sound overly badass.

Reminder that we are getting another evolution for Eevee in Gen 8.

Which type would you want it to be?

I mean it clearly isn't. The model isn't a model, it's just a picture, and the shadow doesn't get close to lining up.

Back