• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon General Discussion Thread Gen VI: The Best of them all

Not a reason to ban the main thing. Not only is it censorship, but it's basically trying to pretend that everything is okay when the franchise is currently on fire.

Guys, why can't we talk about something nice and be friends? Being that fiasco or whatever

I never said anything like that. Again, if you want to complain about the issue, thats still your obvious right to do so, especially being a pokemon fan.

Im only saying take the complaints somewhere else.

Hey, so I know I'm stealing some activity from Earl's thread, but does anyone have any good match ideas for Kecleon (Mystery Dungeon)? I just really want to do something with the most stupidly overpowered Pokemon in the entire franchise.

I mean, I'll try it. But everyone uses Nasuverse characters around here.

Drite77 said:
Are you guys goig to play Pokémon Masters? It seems like a nice idea
I am not really into mobile games myself (and have a pathological lack of self restraint with them so I try to avoid getting addicted) but this one did pick my attention due to being a mass crossover.

Though... still haven't really checked out what is really about >_>

IMHO you don't need to revenge killers, i would put Specs on one of those instead of Scarf

And use Shadow Claw instead of Drain Punch on Mimi. Mind Blow can be switched with an Hidden Power, it is not worth it half of your health

Drite77 said:
And use Shadow Claw instead of Drain Punch on Mimi. Mind Blow can be switched with an Hidden Power, it is not worth it half of your health
Drain Punch not only allows Mimikyu to heal, but is also a good coverage move to surprise Steel, Rock, Normal and Ice teams

Hidden Power lacks... damage output, Flamethrower or Shadow Ball hit neutrally a majority of the metagame, and Mind Blown is more meant as a last resort option (as it really hits hard)

And I already tried the Specs alternative for Blacephalon and Gengar, Blacephalon gets Sp. Attack boosts from Beast Boost, so a Scarf set like this for it actually works pretty well, and Gengar really appreciates the extra speed for sweeping opposing teams too.

Like, I could do a match with you if you want and watch how well they actually do.

And I can see the "weird EV spreads" (Mimikyu is a big example), what happens is that Shadow Sneak means that more EVs in speed are almost a waste, and because it´s meant to also be able to take hits to take advantage of the Rocky Helmet, plus an higher Sp. Defense to make the opponent consider just using a physical attacker actually play a good mind game.

Bobsican said:
Drite77 said:
Drain Punch not only allows Mimikyu to heal, but is also a good coverage move to surprise Steel, Rock, Normal and Ice teams
Hidden Power lacks... damage output, Flamethrower or Shadow Ball hit neutrally a majority of the metagame, and Mind Blown is more meant as a last resort option (as it really hits hard)

And I already tried the Specs alternative for Blacephalon and Gengar, Blacephalon gets Sp. Attack boosts from Beast Boost, so a Scarf set like this for it actually works pretty well, and Gengar really appreciates the extra speed for sweeping opposing teams too.

Like, I could do a match with you if you want and watch how well they actually do.

And I can see the "weird EV spreads" (Mimikyu is a big example), what happens is that Shadow Sneak means that more EVs in speed are almost a waste, and because it´s meant to also be able to take hits to take advantage of the Rocky Helmet, plus an higher Sp. Defense to make the opponent consider just using a physical attacker actually play a good mind game.
Not that this has anything do to do with anything, but, if you use Metronome, Copycat, Mimic, Mirror Move or you have a Smeargle with Mind Blow, the Pokemon will throw Blacephalon's Head. It's pretty funny.

I bet Steam Engine will raise Rolycoly Speed by one stage if hit with a Water-type move. NB4 it's a signature move. Now that we have a new Steel/Dragon -type that isn't a legendary, I'm one step closer to a team full of the Dragon Slayers from Fairy Tail, that isn't in UBERS.

Rolycoly with Heatproof is kinda pointless because Rock already resists Fire-types and all Heatproof does is reduce the damage from Fire-type moves by 1/2. Well, I guess it also havels burn damage.

Yo boy.

You're near me now lol

Anyway, this is the first time we got gym leaders exclusive to a version of the game. Oh, and the chairman is obviously the villain.

So the new Steel/Dragon Type battles Tyranitar on a daily basis. I wonder how hard he will be to scale. I also wonder is he's the new Pseudo. He's on my team regardless.

At least you'd die happy.

Know a lot people wanting to fight a giant wedding cake before their death?

Back