• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen II: Gen II Starter Mega Evolution When!?

After megaevolving and changing its type for the rest of the battle, its ability is also changed to the Omnipotent ability, allowing to ignore resistances/immunities, opposing stat amplifications and passive healing each turn, akin to the Conquest one

Saikou The Lewd King said:
+3 Priority, 180 BP, Never-Miss, Auto-+6 to All Stats
This reminds me of Triage Oblivion Wing Mega Rayquaza sets in BH, and yes, they are as broken as they sound, either you have a healthy imposter Chansey/ a good special wall, or your tema is sweeped quickly. And setting up before with Tail Glow makes everything even more broken.

PaChi2 said:
When you can outspeed a pokeball lol.
Metaomnipresent for outspeeding game mechanics when? ovo

On a more serious note, I'd want to see Mega Arceus. After all, Arceus is supposed to be at the top of the hierachy. Give it either BST 820 or even 870. Make its type Multitype. Give it something overpowered as an ability (a la Omnipotent). Allow it to have a held item. Basically, just make it exceed MegaRay by a large amount.

>Make its type multitype

Thus making it weak to rock. Thus meaning that Arceus dying to a meteor is now canon.

Fun fact about that meteor, that was Rayquaza throwing a rock at Llama God hoping to surprise him with a game of catch.

His punishment was appearing in Clash of Ages with Ash.

Arceus-Original:

Type: Normal

Ability: Alpha shield (kinda like magic guard + clear body)

BST: 120/150/150/150/150/150/150

Newly added stuff: Judgement is now 120 BP. Learns Condemn (OHKO move that always hits if used after Judgement even if enemy is a ghost, used protect or the giratina move).

Saikou The Lewd King said:
>Make its type multitype
Thus making it weak to rock. Thus meaning that Arceus dying to a meteor is now canon.
Drat! My sinister plot has been discovered!

Plot Twist: The ability the new Arceus form passively has a Conversion 2 effect, automatically switching between all the plates to one that resists the most the received attack (50% chance to be after being hit than before, to make it bearable in game), often also in combinations of 2 types at once, this effect also quickly renders null moves like Trick-or-treat. Oh, and Judgement is also always the same type(s) as Arceus, meaning that double STAB is something common.

Bobsican said:
Plot Twist: The ability the new Arceus form passively has a Conversion 2 effect, automatically switching between all the plates to one that resists the most the received attack (50% chance to be after being hit than before, to make it bearable in game), often also in combinations of 2 types at once, this effect also quickly renders null moves like Trick-or-treat.
Oh, and Judgement is also always the same type(s) as Arceus, meaning that double STAB is something common.
I mean, yeah, I could see that happen.

Question for all. Would Cranidos and Tyrunt be 8-A or Low 7-B, considering their overall strength already before evolution?

Why 7-A? Does that mean Rampardos is High 7-A or something?

Elaboration, plz.

His Pokedex entries say that Cranidos canonically fight off Aerodactyls. For what its worth, Cranidos has an attack stat higher than most fully evolved Pokemon as well.

Rampardos wouldn't be High 7-A, just a very high degree of 7-A

Huh. I figured that Tyrunt being the previous evolution of a Pokemon considered unbeatable in ancient times would be at least Low 7-B.

Alright, then.

I think Tyrunt, Tyrantrum, Cranidos, Rampardos and Aerodactyl are like the strongest Fossil mons overall.

Bobsican said:
How broken would be a Shedinja with Sturdy AND Magic Guard at once?
In-game; extremely broken. Hazards aren't a thing, weather and status effects can't harm it and no normal attack can pierce sturdy. Only problems are random mold breaker Pokemon, iron barbs/rough skin and confusion (the status effect). Perhaps Night Shade/Psywave too.

In competitive; it'll be prepped for a lot, and hazard control will be absolutely needed, but still quite broken if you use it right

It also depends on what Competitive format.

VGC is a tricky one cause they don't really use Hazards there, so i don't know if they would use ban him or just use hazards + roar to get rid of him.

In smogon formats, it is the same thing, but it would be better there, since people run Hazards alot, and they can possibly just run a Roar-like move, however, smogon would possibly consider that to specific and it would possibly be in Ubers, or just a really strong mon in OU, and excadrill would be used alot more, wich is nice

In monotype, that would be banned, since not all teams can afford a good roar or whirlwind user

Pretty sure Magic Guard nulls entry hazards of my memories of Clefable have anything to say about it.

Anyway, Fire Spin

Eh, i would call it a ban for needing such a especific counter,

BTW Cal, it is cool if i put Croagunk into 8-A and Toxicroak into 7-A?

Toxicroak was the main Pokemon of Commander Saturn.

But Croagunk was the one that featured in Pokken Tournament.

:)thonks:)

Back