• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon General Discussion Thread Gen VI: The Best of them all

He is cutting edge military technology, super light framework without sacrificing any murdering capabilities

This makes me curious, what is the lightest metal around that is still decently tough?

Duraludon is stated to be light, but very durable. I assume he'll be bulky, but decetly fast as well. At least Tyranitar fast. Which is not too bad, but not too great.

The concept of a fast defensive Pokemon is interesting. Any others who fall into this already?

Well it is the Alloy Pokemon, and alloys tend to be light. It also get's Heavy Metal which increses its weight to 176.4 pounds, on the other hand it also get's Light Metal which decreases its weight to 44.1 pounds.

Also, without even reading Rolycoly pages on Pokemon.com, I knew what Steam Engine's effect was.

TriforcePower1 said:
Anyway, this is the first time we got gym leaders exclusive to a version of the game.
Iris and Drayden from B/W called.

They want their gimmick back.

Andytrenom said:
At least you'd die happy.
Know a lot people wanting to fight a giant wedding cake before their death? I mean, it's not the first time a wedding cake has tried to kill someone. Especially in a Nintendo game.
Bundt

For all the Gigantamax forms so far, weight is unknown. Odd. I wonder if GF considers that a "draw", or are just accepting that they don't often give Pokemon realistic densities/masses?

Anyway, Drednaw goes from 3'3" (& quadrupedal), weighing 254.6 lbs to 78'9".

Alcremie goes from 1'0" & 1.1 lbs to 98'5".

Corviknight goes from 7'3" & 165.3 lbs to... a mere 45'11"?

I'm tempted to make a joke about height. In other news, this means the size change from Gigantamax isn't consistent. Might have a range.

So Gigantamax'd Wailord's height might be more difficult to pin down.

Also, some neat statements, especially if those 3 are single-stage Pokemon:

"Corviknight uses its massive wings to catch updrafts created by Gigantamax energy to hover in the air while it battles. The armor on its body has been reinforced, so attacks from Pokémon on the ground barely have any effect on it!"

So, is this circular logic? Gigantamax energy has the strength to keep aloft a Pokemon using Gigantamax energy. The energy used in Gigantamaxing a Corviknight into its G-Max'd form makes updrafts strong enough for a bird of its weight to ride on. Or at least hover. Wonder how strong those winds need to be....

"It has the strength to punch holes through rocky mountains

Drednaw normally keeps its neck retracted within its shell, but when it attacks, it can rapidly shoot its neck out. Its jaws are also incredibly strong, capable of easily biting through huge metal towers. The strength of its jaws combined with the force of its neck gives Drednaw the power to punch a hole through a rocky mountain in a single strike."

A presumable single stage Pokemon that's been Gigantamaxed can "punch a hole through a rocky mountain in a single strike". Seems to involve its neck & jaws?

'course, since the game isn't out yet, it's a Deltarune scenario, where we can't make profiles for them, because unreleased/unfinished content that may be subject to change.

But in the meantime, we can probably at least attempt to calc their weight & feats & such!

Drite77 said:
Only 98 new mons...
Is it really that bad? Also, this doesn't count new forms and is still a lot. We are still nearing that 1000 mark. And I believe he said ""At least". It's only 2 less than what Gen ll gave us.

Alright, just a heads up, nobody talk about information in the leak on here without spoiler tags. Even in the context of a joke. Linking the leak is okay, just don't post info in it.

Back