• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon General Discussion Thread Gen VI: The Best of them all

The other Thread filled up really fast. BTW, the name is not talking about the games, but overall, like, it has the one of the best seasons of the anime, some good games and the rest that nobody cares about.

Anyway, here is the to do list:

• Cleaning and fixing some of Pokémon page who are lacking/messed
  • Adding more Pokémon pages
  • Fixing Pokémon Trainers Profile
Seems easy at first glance

Yanmega
Best Bug is here

Anime stuff is the only thing I can be any help in, so I guess I can try to help with some of the trainer profiles

I mean, a quick look into the Bulbapedia profile should get a good base of the power of their teams

If you think adding all of the Pokemon is bad, just wait until we have to add all of the Mega Man bosses. uwu.

That then begs the question: What games do you consider towards the "complete package"? Only the main series or do you include spin-offs? Furthermore, would you consider remakes towards it as well?

What is launched in that Gen. Red, Blue, Green and Yellow, First Anime, mangas, etc, make this package, but, since i am lazy as hell, i don't check everything from other medias, like most mangas and spin offs, even if i need it to make the final decision, so, for me, the main games, including remakes that launched on that Gen, the anime and PKMN Adventures is the package for me

Then for me at least, the region with the most "complete package" would probably be Gen 3, 4 and 6 in that order.

Ironically, Gen 5 have one of the best sequels in BW2 and a nice chapter from Adventures, but the anime and the first games lay the gen down a lot.

I mostly stick to the games, for the most part... but ironically for me it was the inverse, Black and White 1 are among my favorite games and I am not too fond of its adventures adaptation. Though this is mostly from a story standpoint (which is divisive in itself), I am aware of the many shortcomings they had gameplay wise.

Gen 5 is my favorite generation, but I have to admit it hasn´t aged well.

At least for the game itself, the competitive area sucks as we all know Weather Wars overcentralized the metagame.

The real cal howard said:
I don't know a single person who dislikes G5's story.
@Cal: Really? Lol, I've been called a "tasteless dumb****" more than once for standing up for it.

@Bob: Yeah, they are pretty much a meme by this point, which sucks given the many new great Pokemon and new tools it gave to existing ones.

And I´m still waiting for "Primal Reversion" variations of Sand Stream and Snow Warning, so those two weathers stand a chance in Ubers.

There's no Pokemon that could work for. Kyurem and Landorus are maybes but there would be no theme, as they'd have to do something similar for the other members of both trios.

I also had a broken idea of giving Dialga and Celebi a move that allowed to stop time, allowing crazy safe setups for a few turns, but I´m sure that would send such move to AG.

Even if the lore would actually support it

How do you imagine Primal Hail and Sandstorm to be?

If we go with broken ideas, Celebi would have time travel to return to previous turns.

Primal Hail: The enviroment is starting to actually fully freeze, leading into the speed of all Pokémon that are not Ice or Flying type or have an ability related to this weather (like Overcoat) or Levitate to be reduced by 25%

Flying/Levitate users take twice the normal damage of Primal Hail, unless they are forced to be vulnerable to Ground type moves by Gravity or Iron Ball, or have the ability Magic Guard, of course.

And all Ice type moves become super effective against Water type Pokémon while it lasts, while also turning all Water type moves into Ice type and reducing by 25% the power of Fire type moves

All Ice type moves also get a boost of 50% in power and probabilities of freezing by moves with such chance are increased by 30%

For example, Ice Beam normally has a 10% chance of freezing, adding 30% leads to 40%

And let´s not talk about Triattack getting a 100% chance with Serene Grace

Primal Sandstorm: The enviroment is starting to fill with mud, reducing the accuracy by 15% of all Pokémon that aren´t Ground, Rock, Steel type or have an ability for using such weather to their advantage/ignore it, also includng Keen Eye.

Flying/Levitate users take twice the normal damage of Primal Sandstorm, unless they are forced to be vulnerable to Ground type moves by Gravity or Iron Ball, or have the ability Magic Guard, of course.

Ground, Steel and Rock type moves get a boost of 50% in power, while the power of Flying type moves is decreased by 50% unless an ability for ignoring weather is around (Overcoat and Air Lock, for example)

Twice as much buffeting damage for both. And increases the power of rock and ice type moves by 50%. Primal Hail also increases ice types special defense by 50%.

The real cal howard said:
Twice as much buffeting damage for both. And increases the power of rock and ice type moves by 50%. Primal Hail also increases ice types special defense by 50%.
The former would be too much, as if STAB + Weather bonus wasn´t enought

The latter seems fine, however.

That would be too much, imagine if it could stack...

Ho-oh straight up would be knocked out on switch out.

Did it, lol. Even definitively more useful weathers like Sun got kinda shafted by the omnipotence of rain, let alone hail.

Drought teams surely wouldn´t mind a Fire/Grass type with Chlorophyll with the moveset and stats of Pyroak (yes, that one CAP guy)

At the time, you couldn't use an weather ability with an Speed boosting ability together

Your boy turned around a match when he was down to Mew and a weakened Chansey against four Pokémon and still managed to bust out a win. Chansey carried the team with Counter and Seismic Toss spam.

Back