• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen I

Black and White were not that easy if I may be so blunt. Gen Vl still takes the cake for that.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Black and White were not that easy if I may be so blunt. Gen Vl still takes the cake for that.
They kinda were though. Gen VI and arguably Sun & Moon were easier installments, but aside from Ghetsis, Lenora and maybe final N, I never once felt at risk of losing in B/W. And Ghetsis was only cause of a cheap underleveled Hydreigon.

-Great Story

-Great Pokemon

-Great Characters

-Decent Challenge

-Great Improvements (Infinite TMs)

-Memorable locations

-Memorable moments.

This all equals a strong entry to me tbh

They kinda were though. Gen VI and arguably Sun & Moon were easier installments, but aside from Ghetsis, Lenora and maybe final N, I never once felt at risk of losing in B/W. And Ghetsis was only cause of a cheap underleveled Hydreigon.

I think you're just a good player lol

I would like to say I am a good Pokemon player and I remember being on the edge of my sest in multiple battles. But different experiences I guess. I'll respectfully disagree with your point. But it's not anfact that they are as easy as you say.

Gen V got me started into Pokemon in the first place. Also Cilan in the anime I like because he's voiced by Jason Griffith aka the guy who voiced Sonic the Hedgehog.

I mean, Pokemon don't need to have a good story to be a good game.

Anyway, i was thinking in either adding Ariados or Galvantula if they are in second stage level to put them against Spiderman

I honestly struggle to care about Pokémon stories these days since Gen V spoiled me with it's great story, although Sun and Moon did a pretty damn good job.

I mean, we ca do both. There's a lot of profiles still to go through, so we can afford to break every now and then to add new profiles to the site.

I'm personally wanting to bring Mandibuzz and Braviary to the site, myself.

Neat i guess, i am lazy, but i could bring any of the Spider mons if they are considered Low 7-B, but i am not knowledgeable in how we rate the mons with only one or two stages here

@Pack

That could be good.

Wish i can help but since my PC is not in good state anymore (almost 4 years, Lag is real!, and crashing) i don't want to risking it.

"But you said you suck at mak-" I already not suck, check my sandbox, tho i abandon it since lack of info and my PC state goes down in that time

Considering other Bug Pokemon such as Butterfree or Beedrill are Low 7-B, I think it's pretty safe to assume that Ariados and others would be around that level of power.

I am skeptical about Galvantula the most, and maybe my girl Araquanid, but since they are game mechanics and i don't know how that works, i can create a Ariados profile if i just put my laziness from the side

If we are upgrading megas to High 7-A because Marowak, Shouldn´t Medicham be High 7-A with Pure Power and 6-C as Mega Medicham?

Eh...Gen ll outside of HG/SS were pretty bare with soundtracks outside of the Lance/Red theme and The Beasts. I count remakes to be apart of their original generations. FR/LG = Gen l, HG/SS = Gen ll and ORAS = Gen lll.

HG/SS had the remixes and Lugia/Ho-Oh themes which were godly.

Gen lll had an amazing soundtrack for me. Regis, Weather Trio, Deoxys, Wally, Elite 4, Champion, Frontier Brain, I love them all.

D/P/P Had nice songs. But, I fail to remember the Elite 4 theme and found the general legendary theme boring. Creation and Lake Trio themes are amazing. And of course there is Cynthia's theme along with Cyrus'.

Gen V had N's theme, The General Legend theme, the Godly Tao Trio theme, The Gym theme, The Elite 4 theme, Iris' theme, Ghetsis' theme, Route 10, Team Plasma's theme and hell, I adore the Wild Pokemon battle theme a shitton.

Gen Vl has the worst Gym theme imho. I literally hate it. Love the Aura Trio theme. Love the Elite 4 theme and Diantha's theme. Love Lysandre's theme.

Gen Vll just had an amazing soundtrack all around imho. Like, there isn't a theme I actually dislike tbh. Especially when it comes to the Team Leader Remixes.

Go for it when you're ready, then. I'd work on some Pokemon, or creating the aforementioned birds, but I had a real hankering to create some Mega Man profiles for some reason, and I'm nearly done with the one already.

Bobsican said:
If we are upgrading megas to High 7-A because Marowak, Shouldn´t Medicham be High 7-A with Pure Power and 6-C as Mega Medicham?
Megas got upgraded cause regular Pokemon are so close to High 7-A anyway that 2x their AP grants High 7-A AP

Oh yeah, to get to another tier you need more than just a duplication of baseline.

But it could still lead to a small upgrade to other megas, so they aren´t too baseline.

We can consider that the ones with Huge/Pure Power to be the strongest of the bunch right there with the Pseudos Megas

Megas aren't exactly baseline, but they also wouldn't scale to Mega Medicham cause Pure Power is unique to it

So apparently, Reshiram and Zekrom's themes have names.

Reshiram: Blazing White Yang

Zekrom: Electrifying Black Yin

Back