• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Perpetua and The Darkest Knight in Multiverse forms upgrade to 1-B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Twitter statement just technically clarifies what’s trying to be conveyed in the scan. And about how transcendent each dimension is. We’d presume each is infinitely greater based off the evidence for how Mxy who is a fifth dimensional imp works.
I doubt every reference of dimensions in DC is talking about the same thing though, even for spatial dimensions.

I doubt every reference of dimensions in DC is talking about the same thing though, even for spatial dimensions.
Depends. For the other scans definitely. However certain characters like the Cathexis and Mxy have shown to be infinitely greater than lower dimensions. I see no reason as to why this pattern should be disregarded.

Edit: There’s also Allen Adams reference on how higher dimensions work.

main-qimg-f79409ef2b6c5f10c323b058b3df9be1

Also funnily enough. Author statements is what literally created the God profile lol.

That just means the God profile needs more scrutiny.
Well that is true. However this is more of a combination of evidence rather than just a simple author statement. So I don’t really see how it’s comparable. Also what do you think about the statement from Allen Adam where he talks about higher dimensions?

Xearsay, I have warned you about this repeatedly before, and sorry for being blunt, but please make a very serious effort to stop being constantly provocative, disrespectful, rude, biased, unreasonable, and obnoxious. You are systematically wasting the time and energy of members who are far better informed than yourself, and refusing to listen to reason no matter what, and as it stands, I will eventually have to ban you for being an ongoing spammy disturbance to this community.

Last edited:
Also, the overall point is that DC constantly contradicts itself in terms of cosmology, and under Dan Didio and Jim Lee, the editorial department even had a specific long-lasting policy to just let the writers do whatever they wanted regardless if the stories severely conflicted with each other.

Currently, the Bleed is most officially referred to as 5-dimensional, and the 196,883 dimensions were parallell universes, as Zensum mentioned above.

(This information should be included in one of our wiki pages to avoid misinformation btw.)

Last edited:
Xearsay, I have warned you about this repeatedly before, and sorry for being blunt, but please make a very serious effort to stop being constantly provocative, disrespectful, rude, biased, unreasonable, and obnoxious.
I haven’t done anything in this thread to be rude and biased. Yes I’ve argued my points back and forth with another user but that’s not being rude and biased. Especially when the user is arguing a point that was already rejected in a previous thread being that DC is 52 universes large at max
You are systematically wasting the time and energy of members who are far better informed than yourself, and refusing to listen to reason no matter what, and as it stands, I will eventually have to ban you for being an ongoing spammy disturbance to this community.
Also I personally find it very rude and belittling of you say to this. The only consensus that Deagon is “far better informed than me” is because you said so... I’ve read many comics. Some Deagon didn’t even know about as evidence from this thread.

Also spammy is incorrect here. All I’ve done was question the users who’ve entered the thread. There is no rule against that. However it seems the majority have disagreed with this upgrade so you can close it as you so desperately want to.

Ant doesn't "desperately" want to close the thread. Why do you need to berate him for doing his job? The thread serves no further purpose beyond bickering since a consensus has been reached and you've refused to defend the inconsistencies in your theories.

Ant doesn't "desperately" want to close the thread. Why do you need to berate him for doing his job? The thread serves no further purpose beyond bickering since a consensus has been reached and you've refused to defend the inconsistencies in your theories.
Don’t mischaracterize my behavior. I’m not berating him. He wanted to close it after one disagreement earlier. Which means it’s ok to say he had a great desire to close the thread.

The problem is not what you are saying, but the rude and relentlessly unreasonable manner in which you argue. You constantly annoy and waste other people's times in that manner, and need to shape up.

Currently, the Bleed is most officially referred to as 5-dimensional, and the 196,883 dimensions were parallell universes, as Zensum mentioned above.

(This information should be included in one of our wiki pages to avoid misinformation btw.)
Anyway, does anybody have any suggestions about this?

Anyway, does anybody have any suggestions about this?
If we have a wiki page modeled after PotMs blog I can make the chances to the 198,633 subheader as well as the Rama Kushna one. In the blog he said "while talking about a state of life and death she says has five spatial dimensions" but as myself and another user discovered, this doesn't seem to be in the same comic issue as the innumerable statement and isn't sourced. So those two things can be updated.

Well, we might get an official DC cosmology explanation page after you and the others have finished your research, but for the moment, I could make a minor edit to POTM's blog if you give me precise instructions regarding wiki sandbox text (with an embedded image link) that I should copy-paste into it and where in the blog that I should place it.

Like most cosmology threads, I have very little insight here. However, I do have this other author statement from Paul Jenkins, saying it refers to spatial and temporal dimensions. But, he also says this scan is in reference to the Universe, so I'm not sure I'd take it very seriously. Paul Jenkins usually doesn't take twitter very seriously (he's said Sentry can beat the Beyonder), so taking an author statement from him in the first place is pretty dubious imo.

Like most cosmology threads, I have very little insight here. However, I do have this other author statement from Paul Jenkins, saying it refers to spatial and temporal dimensions. But, he also says this scan is in reference to the Universe, so I'm not sure I'd take it very seriously. Paul Jenkins usually doesn't take twitter very seriously (he's said Sentry can beat the Beyonder), so taking an author statement from him in the first place is pretty dubious imo.
Thank you for the information.

Worth pointing out the full context here was Paul Jenkins linking a scientific article about higher spatial dimensions, and then as you see another user asked him if DC had them, and Paul said "every universe does."
I mean it did start with asking if the "Innumerable Dimensions" scan referred to higher dimensions, so it would still be about the scan. But yeah, I still consider statements from him to be lacking in credibility due to the reasons I pointed out before. I'm not suggesting 1-B Universes or anything here.

The problem is not what you are saying, but the rude and relentlessly unreasonable manner in which you argue. You constantly annoy and waste other people's times in that manner, and need to shape up.
You say the problem isn’t with what I’m saying but then you’re calling me rude in the same sentence. You also describe me as annoying in this reply but somehow I’m the rude one? And finally I can’t waste anyone’s time. Deagon doesn’t have to enter the thread. He out of his own will chose to enter this thread and go back and forth with me.

Anyway this is drifting off topic. I already admitted the majority disagreed so it’s ok to close the thread. As I also have no desire to continue participating in this thread.

You say the problem isn’t with what I’m saying but then you’re calling me rude in the same sentence
He's saying the content of your argument isn't the problem, but the abrasive and deliberately snide and snarky way in which you do it. You don't need to take "LOL" and insults onto every statement.

You also describe me as annoying in this reply
He didn't do that. He stated an action, not an adjective.

And finally I can’t waste anyone’s time. Deagon doesn’t have to enter the thread. He out of his own will chose to enter this thread and go back and forth with me.
I mean, you're willfully missing the point. First, he never said you were wasting my time nor has he even mentioned me in any way. Staff members have to get involved in CRT requests by nature of the wiki and it is in fact a waste of their time if you're going to flame people.

I already admitted the majority disagreed so it’s ok to close the thread
Majority rules isn't the matter at hand here. You could have a majority agreement, but that wouldn't change the quality of your evidence or argument. You haven't addressed the logical errors in accepting your theory. I'm more than happy to consider a different perspective, but you won't even attempt to reconcile your theory with DC canon.

Deagonx is correct.

I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back