• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics: Follow-ups - Bleedspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is you just making your own headcanon.
There are no R>F layers in this cosmology.
There is absolutely no way in hell both of you have interacted with Micheal Julius a little over a thousand times or so and unironically believe Grant Morrison does not interpret dimensions as R>F layers.

I mean Deagon, the literal story of your pfp that you have with you throughout 19 different sites is literally because MJs face was supposedly leaked and you used it to mock him.

I don't believe it, you're trolling me here.

There is absolutely no way in hell both of you have interacted with Micheal Julius a little over a thousand times or so and unironically believe Grant Morrison does not interpret dimensions as R>F layers.
What am I even supposed to say to this?

I mean Deagon, the literal story of your pfp that you have with you throughout 19 different sites is literally because MJs face was supposedly leaked and you used it to mock him.
I have no idea what rumor you're referring to, but I've never heard of MJ's face being leaked, I've never seen it, and my choice of profile picture is just a band I really like and it predates my participation on battleboards, and I have no idea how those two things would be related. This is also, entirely off-topic.

I don't believe it, you're trolling me here.
Sorry, but whether or not you believe me is immaterial. That is the assertion that I am making.

I agree that the Monitor Sphere has qualitative superiority, but that isn't the same as an R>F layer.
Viewing creation as infinitesimal and R>F is literary same as I know.

Bruh, R>F and higher dimensions are completely different concepts.

5d superman then ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Viewing creation as infinitesimal and R>F is literary same as I know.
Maybe in terms of scaling, or power differential, but being a higher infinity doesn't entail a metafictional relationship with the lower beings.

Also, please don't triple post.

What am I even supposed to say to this?
Grant Morrison has made it exceedingly clear numerous times that these dimensions do relate to higher perspectives that view lower ones as fiction. One of the integral concepts of Hypertime is layered R>F dimensions.

I have no idea what rumor you're referring to, but I've never heard of MJ's face being leaked, I've never seen it, and my choice of profile picture is just a band I really like and it predates my participation on battleboards, and I have no idea how those two things would be related.
Milhouse? Doesn't ring a bell?

I agree that the Monitor Sphere has qualitative superiority, but that isn't the same as an R>F layer.
Yeah it's true. It's just a higher dimension bigger and qualitatively superior to the Orrery and sees it as a germ world but doesn't see it as fiction. The inhabitants of the Fifth Dimension see the 3D universe as fiction in Morrison's Crisis Times Five, but this has been retconned over the years and they still seem superior to 3-D and exists out of time, thus perceiving time atemporally, but that's all. They doesn't even seems to see 3-D as fiction or as flat anyone. This is just an example.

Grant Morrison has made it exceedingly clear numerous times that these dimensions do relate to higher perspectives that view lower ones as fiction. One of the integral concepts of Hypertime is layered R>F dimensions.
I completely disagree with this take.

Milhouse? Doesn't ring a bell?
Aside from the Simpsons character, I have literally no idea what you're referring to, and it would be best if you did not bring up things like this in the middle of a discussion.

Well, not anymore. This may have been true in the past, but that has changed. Just look at my post above. In the old Grant Morrison stories the Fifth Dimension perceived 3-D as fiction, but this has been retconned over the years and now the Fifth Dimension is still qualitatively superior to 3-D but no longer seems to perceive 3-D as fiction. Even in Scott Snyder's stories, Mister Mxyzptlk has not shown that he perceives material reality as fiction. he exists out of time and can perceive the future, but that's all. No R>F anymore.

Last edited:
Anyway. This is the Bleed we're talking about. I see your point above, but logic in comics or fiction doesn't always match that of the real world, so even if you're talking about higher dimensional perception according to science, it doesn't matter without supporting evidence. The 4-D Overvoid glasses just imply to me that even the Monitor Sphere is actually 4-D since Superman's enhanced vision upon entering the Bleed was not further enhanced upon entering the Monitor Sphere. If Zillo Valla had to upgrade Superman's vision to 4-D, then the Bleed is 4-D.

Well, not anymore. This might be once true in the past but this changed. Just look my post above. In old stories of Grant Morrison, the Fifth Dimension saw 3-D as fiction, but this was retconned over the years and now the Fifth Dimension is still qualitatively superior to 3-D but doesn't seems to perceive 3-D as fiction anymore. Even in Scott Snyder's stories, Mister Mxyzptlk didn't shown that he perceived the material reality as fiction. He exist out of time and can perceives the future, but that's all. No R>F anymore.
Eh.

1. Grant Morrisons vision on dimensions have not contradicted anything in the dimensions from Snyder and Tynions universes. Especially considering Snyder has explicitly came out on camera, on 4k, with perfect audio quality and told us that the 11-dimensions of M-theory (Morrisons original vision of the Multiverse) still exist within his cosmology, and that these dimensions are disconnected from that model of dimensions. And yet, we still have the Multiverse as a Low 1-C structure because of “Snyder retconned all of Morrisons cosmological aspects"

2. Your claim that the fifth dimension doesn't perceive the Multiverse as fiction is based on examples that are outside of the Fifth Dimension. Kinda like claiming the Real world doesn't view comics as fiction because of an entity within fiction not viewing fellow fictional entities as...well. fiction.

3. This is literally wrong, even in the Snyder/Tynion canon, considering upon removing imagination from existence (Orrery to Monitor Sphere in this context) it was stated that Mxy was going to “unimagine" existence, bringing back existence to sketches, implying that existence is indeed simply imagination in the Fifth Dimension, and implies that imagination is the actual true material that defines the contents the story, further confirmed by the pen on the unimagined page. Something that is already consistent with imagination being the literal blood of the Multiverse, thus, the is the actual form of existence, everything else is a product of imagination. Which completely proves qualitative superiority on a R>F level.

The Bleed literally has architectures that are within the Orrery of Worlds that rotate through Morrison's original vision of the Fifth Dimension, clearly implying it also exists within a higher space that views the one before it as fiction.

3. This is literally wrong, even in the Snyder/Tynion canon, considering upon removing imagination from existence (Orrery to Monitor Sphere in this context) it was stated that Mxy was going to “unimagine" existence, bringing back existence to sketches, implying that existence is indeed simply imagination in the Fifth Dimension, and implies that imagination is the actual true material that defines the contents the story, further confirmed by the pen on the unimagined page. Something that is already consistent with imagination being the literal blood of the Multiverse, thus, the is the actual form of existence, everything else is a product of imagination. Which completely proves qualitative superiority on a R>F level.
That is a pretty far-fetched conclusion from that scene, and it completely contradicts all other interactions throughout that storyline that indicate that neither Mxy nor the beings of the Sixth Dimension view any of the denizens of the Orrery as fictional characters.

and it completely contradicts all other interactions throughout that storyline that indicate that neither Mxy nor the beings of the Sixth Dimension view any of the denizens of the Orrery as fictional characters.
because they are not in their respective dimensions. Please read these stories closely

because they are not in their respective dimensions. Please read these stories closely
Don't tell me to read a comic I've read multiple times simply because I walked away from it with a different opinion than you. Nothing about what I am saying would be alleviated by saying "it was because they weren't in their respective dimensions." The basic premise of Perpetua's arc becomes borderline nonsensical if you take the stance that her relationship with the Multiverse is that of an author looking at a fictional story they created.

Nothing about what I am saying would be alleviated by saying "it was because they weren't in their respective dimensions." The basic premise of Perpetua's arc becomes borderline nonsensical if you take the stance that her relationship with the Multiverse is that of an author looking at a fictional story they created.
It would not.

Entering the story to interact with the characters does not inherently contradict your superiority to them. So the contradictions here are pretty much nonexistent.

What are we even arguing about here, the authors have literally given us the answers and we choose to argue for a lower interpretation because we dont want this verse exiting the Low 1-C ranges.

Morrison had his run with the whole Kathmandu experience, made the whole M-theory/higher dimensional beings viewing lower beings as comicbooks in FC and Multiversity. Snyder tells us these dimensions still exist, 1. Because he uses Morrisons cosmology and tries not to contradict anything for the most part 2. Because he literally told us. But his dimensions represent layers of the Multiverse.

Its all there, im not a genius for figuring it all out, i promise.

What are we even arguing about here, the authors have literally given us the answers and we choose to argue for a lower interpretation because we dont want this verse exiting the Low 1-C ranges.
I don't see how any discussion we have can be productive when you are dogmatically convinced that you are simply informing us of an objective truth, rather than expressing an opinion/interpretation of a set of data we all have, and have interpreted differently from you. Especially if you're convinced that the only reason why we might see it differently is either A) We are ignorant/unaware of the pertinent information or B) Are biased against the verse.

If you give me a thread where i disagreed with, and someone gave me sufficient evidence that what i am saying is indeed incorrect, i will be the first person to say i was incorrect.

From my experience so far, i think i am mistreated on a lot of these threads, so i will speak my mind. I have heard about you guys from far away, on discord and quora and such, actually dealing with you guys face to face on the other hand has been beyond tiring to say the least.

If you give me a thread where i disagreed with, and someone gave me sufficient evidence that what i am saying is indeed incorrect, i will be the first person to say i was incorrect.
Keyword here: Sufficient evidence. Who is to say what is sufficient, you or me? I can say that the evidence I have seen is sufficient to convince me of my own viewpoint, but obviously, you feel that the evidence is sufficient for your own viewpoint that contradicts mine. And yet, we're discussing the same set of information and evidence. There isn't new scans I could give you to change your mind, we have differing interpretations of the same body of evidence.

From my experience so far, i think i am mistreated on a lot of these threads, so i will speak my mind. I have heard about you guys from far away, on discord and quora and such, actually dealing with you guys face to face on the other hand has been beyond tiring to say the least.
Of course it's going to be tiring if you come in with the belief that your argument is objectively correct and that these discussions are little more than formality on the path towards inevitably convincing everyone of the objective truth you have discovered, rather than an exchanging of ideas and arguments all of which are valid from our own perspectives.

No one has mistreated you, you just have an inappropriate mindset for a debating forum.

Even if it doesn't exist in all layers, the fact that it exists in layers beyond the Orrery is sufficient for the purpose of this thread, because it would not allow for scaling denizens of the Sphere above the Bleed.
That would be the case if Morrison didn’t completely retcon this notion by establishing that Bleed exists within the Orrery.

This is likely due to him being Superman, not because it isn't properly above the Orrery.
My response that you quoted wasn’t addressing that point. My response was addressing Aloniks claim that “nothing below the Monitor Sphere can interact with the Bleed” as the Monitors statements are directly called wrong and shown to be wrong at the end of Superman Beyond. That is all.

Well, not anymore. This may have been true in the past, but that has changed. Just look at my post above. In the old Grant Morrison stories the Fifth Dimension perceived 3-D as fiction, but this has been retconned over the years and now the Fifth Dimension is still qualitatively superior to 3-D but no longer seems to perceive 3-D as fiction. Even in Scott Snyder's stories, Mister Mxyzptlk has not shown that he perceives material reality as fiction. he exists out of time and can perceive the future, but that's all. No R>F anymore.
You keep saying stuff like this but you never post any scans proving the nature of the dimensions/layers being qualitatively superior as Morrison has presented them were retconned.

You keep saying stuff like this but you never post any scans proving the nature of the dimensions/layers being qualitatively superior as Morrison has presented them were retconned.
That is completely factual. The claim that Snyder contradicted Morrisons cosmology works is extremely unfounded.

And this specific point that is brought up by Elizio is blatantly incorrect.

Eh.

1. Grant Morrisons vision on dimensions have not contradicted anything in the dimensions from Snyder and Tynions universes. Especially considering Snyder has explicitly came out on camera, on 4k, with perfect audio quality and told us that the 11-dimensions of M-theory (Morrisons original vision of the Multiverse) still exist within his cosmology, and that these dimensions are disconnected from that model of dimensions. And yet, we still have the Multiverse as a Low 1-C structure because of “Snyder retconned all of Morrisons cosmological aspects"

2. Your claim that the fifth dimension doesn't perceive the Multiverse as fiction is based on examples that are outside of the Fifth Dimension. Kinda like claiming the Real world doesn't view comics as fiction because of an entity within fiction not viewing fellow fictional entities as...well. fiction.

The Bleed literally has architectures that are within the Orrery of Worlds that rotate through Morrison's original vision of the Fifth Dimension, clearly implying it also exists within a higher space that views the one before it as fiction.

@Elizio33 @Deagonx @Alonik

What do you think that we should do here and why?
I will once again, bring up the fact that the actual main points of this thread have not been addressed to warrent a disagreement, i have asked numerous people to continue discussing why this would be incorrect to justify their disagreements and i have gotten 0 responses but people derailing the thread to argue about the full form of the Bleed, which does not fully adress the actual points made towards the Bleed between universes, which people have randomly decided wouldn't scale to Low 1-C when there is an abundance of evidence proving that the Orrery of Worlds does hold 5-D structures.

i have asked numerous people to continue discussing why this would be incorrect to justify their disagreements and i have gotten 0 responses
Perhaps because they have already been addressed, and you were largely just asking people to repeat an argument? I addressed the vision, the bulk, and the Fifth Dimension in my first response, as well as M-Theory, et cetera. It's unfortunate that you were not persuaded by my arguments, but I cannot simply repeat them to you for the sole purpose of having you repeat that you do not find them persuasive (framed, of course, as though this feeling is an objective measure of the argument's quality rather than a subjective opinion) and go in circles forever.

Perhaps because they have already been addressed, and you were largely just asking people to repeat an argument? I addressed the vision, the bulk, and the Fifth Dimension in my first response, as well as M-Theory, et cetera. It's unfortunate that you were not persuaded by my arguments, but I cannot simply repeat them to you for the sole purpose of having you repeat that you do not find them persuasive (framed, of course, as though this feeling is an objective measure of the argument's quality rather than a subjective opinion) and go in circles forever.
Thats just incorrect. At the very beginning of this thread when you discussed your disagreements i kept arguing with you until you suddenly stopped trying to argue. And now made the claim that everything here has already been responded to, very sneaky to be honest but luckily enough, i have kept up with every reply in this thread.

But, i will be 100% fine if you simply summarised your disagreements, so i can address them.

But you are correct to some extent, this thread will never reach any form of closure without a mod coming in and giving their opinions. I have contacted Elizhaa however they dont seem to want to give their opinions.

Thats just incorrect. At the very beginning of this thread when you discussed your disagreements i kept arguing with you until you suddenly stopped trying to argue
Yes, but that doesn't mean I didn't address your points. How long, exactly, am I expected to argue for? Am I ever allowed to simply stop arguing?

And now made the claim that everything here has already been responded to, very sneaky to be honest but luckily enough, i have kept up with every reply in this thread.
No, you're misconstruing my words. I am not claiming that I have continually replied to every comment you've made. I am saying that I have given a response to your points, which you claim went unaddressed. I pointed out that your summary post was largely a repeat of what you had already said -- which I already responded to earlier. Do not accuse me of being "sneaky" by misrepresenting my words.

But, i will be 100% fine if you simply summarised your disagreements, so i can address them.
Why would I do that when I have already established my views throughout this thread? You have already addressed my arguments. To be clear, addressing or responding to an argument doesn't automatically make it invalid or require the person expressing them to reply to you in order for their continued disagreement to be valid. Debates are not a last word contest.

Do you believe that 5-D Bleedspace has been completely addressed and is objectively incorrect from the points you have made?

Do you believe that 5-D Bleedspace has been completely addressed
The first thing that stands out to me with a question like this is the vagueness of the word "completely." I don't know what you mean by completely. What I can say is that I have expressed my views and disagreement about the subject, including various sub-topics that were brought up in the OP.

and is objectively incorrect from the points you have made?
I have no idea what is objectively correct or not, I can only tell you what I find most reasonable based on the evidence I have seen and my sense of reason and logic. More importantly, that limitation doesn't uniquely apply to me. That is the only thing anyone can tell you. Someone trying to sell you on being objectively correct is -- outside of a small handful of very straightforward facts on basic subjects -- merely expressing their own emotional attachment to being right.

I will once again, bring up the fact that the actual main points of this thread have not been addressed to warrent a disagreement, i have asked numerous people to continue discussing why this would be incorrect to justify their disagreements and i have gotten 0 responses but people derailing the thread to argue about the full form of the Bleed, which does not fully adress the actual points made towards the Bleed between universes, which people have randomly decided wouldn't scale to Low 1-C when there is an abundance of evidence proving that the Orrery of Worlds does hold 5-D structures.
Bleed's point in its true form is an answer to these points. You have to understand that Bleedspace is a bufferzone between realities, so it will never actually be part of any specific zone within those structures, but rather exist as the framework for all of them.

The reason you shouldn't consider Orrery Low 1-C just because Bleedspace is Low 1-C is for the same reason you shouldn't consider a 1D dimension to be infinite dimensional just because it is within an infinite dimensional framework.

Let's actually take Rodney Rabbit's statement for instance:
See, that at no point is it said that "the fifth dimension is fixed in Orrery", but rather that the "guts-of-a-cyborg" architecture in this case rotates through the fifth dimensions, and they're fixed in the orrery of worlds. Why they're? Because those are the syphons drilling ultramenstrum which is bleed in its primitive form. Anyway, this is also explained in the official DC Comics video about the map, they even explain that what gains access to all layers of the multiverse is the House of Heroes, not the Orrery of Worlds.
right here it is said that the House of Heroes can "rotate" through the fifth dimension because of those fixed points in the Orrery, which is literally what the monitors launch "sorties" into the 52 universes, in no context is Orrery placed containing 5D structures, only fixed points that exist in all of the dimensions of the multiverse, It is even said that this is pandimensional.

So we can't just place the Orrery as Tier 1 because it has a pandimensional structure that goes in and out of the Orrery, and that structure can reach Low 1-C planes.

Bleed's point in its true form is an answer to these points. You have to understand that Bleedspace is a bufferzone between realities, so it will never actually be part of any specific zone within those structures, but rather exist as the framework for all of them.

The reason you shouldn't consider Orrery Low 1-C just because Bleedspace is Low 1-C is for the same reason you shouldn't consider a 1D dimension to be infinite dimensional just because it is within an infinite dimensional framework.

Let's actually take Rodney Rabbit's statement for instance:

See, that at no point is it said that "the fifth dimension is fixed in Orrery", but rather that the "guts-of-a-cyborg" architecture in this case rotates through the fifth dimensions, and they're fixed in the orrery of worlds. Why they're? Because those are the syphons drilling ultramenstrum which is bleed in its primitive form. Anyway, this is also explained in the official DC Comics video about the map, they even explain that what gains access to all layers of the multiverse is the House of Heroes, not the Orrery of Worlds.

right here it is said that the House of Heroes can "rotate" through the fifth dimension because of those fixed points in the Orrery, which is literally what the monitors launch "sorties" into the 52 universes, in no context is Orrery placed containing 5D structures, only fixed points that exist in all of the dimensions of the multiverse, It is even said that this is pandimensional.

So we can't just place the Orrery as Tier 1 because it has a pandimensional structure that goes in and out of the Orrery, and that structure can reach Low 1-C planes.
I am unsure how any of the above debunks the idea that the "creepy guts-of-a-cyborg architecture" exists within the Fifth Dimension, in the Orrery. Which is essentially the entire basis of my argument.

The first paragraph describes Bleedspace, which is depicted as having a peculiar architecture resembling the interior of a cyborg. This architecture continuously shifts and rotates, but its movement occurs specifically within the fifth dimension. With the Fifth Dimension, as i have already confirmed numerous times, views the Multiverse as fictional as evidenced by both Morrison and Snyder.

Here's the thing, this is described as rotating through the fifth dimension around a fixed point within the structure of the Multiversal Orrery of Worlds. This implies that there is a specific location or structure within the fifth dimension that houses this architecture. The use of the term "fixed point" suggests that this architecture remains in a consistent position within the fifth-dimensional framework of the Multiversal Orrery of Worlds. We are not just discussing a geometrical higher dimension, we are discussing a world that exists above another, and views it as fictional, a structure existing and rotating within that space implies existence above said fictional structures.

The second paragraph introduces the House of Heroes, which serves as a cosmic headquarters or base of operations. And has the unique ability to simply access (not embody, not exist at) all the different layers or levels of the multiverse. This access is achieved through its rotation within the fifth dimension, and located within the Orrery, as evidenced by the map. As the House of Heroes rotates through this higher dimension, it acts as a stable point from which the monitors (entities responsible for overseeing and safeguarding the multiverse) launch their missions or ventures into the Bleed (the space between different universes) or any of the 52 Earths within the multiverse. Which as Xearsay has constantly proved in this thread, is a process taking place within the Orrery of Worlds.

Again, all of the above proves my point. Put that with the other points, and yeah, it makes perfect sense.

With the Fifth Dimension, as i have already confirmed numerous times, views the Multiverse as fictional as evidenced by both Morrison and Snyder.
The first scan very clearly is not by Morrison, as it refers to Morrison in the third person. Googling the phrase used, it appears to be from a Comics Alliance article written about Morrison by a guy named David Uzumeri. Also, it is phrased as a "possibly" statement, they "could be" doing that. Per our site standards, that is not an acceptable basis even if it had been stated by Morrison. There's also no indications in the comics of this.

The Snyder scan doesn't indicate anything about an R>F relationship between the Fifth Dimension and the Orrery. It's kind of obnoxious that you keep saying you've "confirmed" this as some kind of fact when all you've done is make a rather specious assumption based on very flimsy evidence.

Here's the thing, this is described as rotating through the fifth dimension around a fixed point within the structure of the Multiversal Orrery of Worlds. This implies that there is a specific location or structure within the fifth dimension that houses this architecture.
No, this phrasing does not imply that the Fifth Dimension contains the Orrery.

Which as Xearsay has constantly proved in this thread, is a process taking place within the Orrery of Worlds.
You are making the same mistake you did above, where you refer to an opinion or claim made based on limited evidence as something that has been "proved." I think Alonik has done a much better job making his point about the Bleed.

Again, all of the above proves my point. Put that with the other points, and yeah, it makes perfect sense.
A non-DC author writing an article about Morrison claiming 5-D beings "might" read ours like a narrative is not "proof" by any stretch of the imagination, and quite probably it isn't evidence at all.

There's also no indications in the comics of this.
Are you seriously trying to imply that Morrison does not believe that the Fifth Dimension doesn't view the dimensions below it as fictional?

Kindly be my guest, lets do this. Morrisons cosmology is completely influenced by his psychedelic experience in Kathmandu. Where his mind ”ascended" up to a higher mathematical space beyond the 4 dimensions of space and time

MORRISON: I have no idea. I went to Kathmandu because I watched [BBC presenter] Dan Cruickshank on TV talking about Buddha’s journey through India, Nepal, and Tibet. My friend and I thought, “Let’s do that. Let’s spend some money, go to Kathmandu, and see what happens.” So we went there, and on the second to last day of our journey, I had this experience. Everyone thinks because I was on hashish, that it’s a drug vision, but I must say that I’ve tried every psychedelic drug—in the 1990s I tried everything, LSD, DMT—and nothing could reproduce this event. Basically, it played out like an alien abduction or a shamanic journey. I was taken out of my body, peeled off the surface of the four-dimensional universe of space-time, and taken somewhere else. I found myself in a huge, azure blue vault that felt infinite and enclosed at the same time, like a vaulted cathedral inhabited by morphing quicksilver blobs of intelligence. Somehow I was one of them, or at least I was part of a gestalt of minds that represented “one” of them. It was explained to me that I was in a higher mathematical space, where conventional time and space were simply directions, like up and down are in 4-D. From this vantage point, I could see from the Big Bang to the end of the universe, and it was all happening at the same instant. Shakespeare was working next to the dinosaurs, separated only by a fold or wrinkle in the surface of space-time. Cosmologists might call what I witnessed “the bulk,” which is conceptualized as a kind of higher-dimensional medium where universes like our own inflate and grow. Only in time do things grow, so they had to “make” time, that is, they had to build universes, like window boxes or incubators, where they could grow their young to maturity before setting them free from the box of time into timeless existence. Later I realized that comic books were a good way to visualize this perspective. If we laid out every Superman comic since the character’s creation in 1938, we would have a kind of aerial perspective of his entire existence. Superman’s life has been played out on the surface of the second dimension. We in the third can look down at every instant in his life, we can travel back and forward through his personal timeline and place a Superman image from 1942 next to one from 2014.
Morrison later incorporates all of this stuff into his comics, in Hypertime. Which he blatantly describes as a multi-layered model, each layer viewing the other as a fictional comicbook, this infamous video from Grant Morrison: Talking with Gods explains this best here.

All of course being in reference to Final Crisis, which happened a couple years back, and Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne Vol 1 #2.

So no, The Fifth Dimension would not be a regular higher dimension, it views whats below it as fiction

The Snyder scan doesn't indicate anything about an R>F relationship between the Fifth Dimension and the Orrery.
Wrong, upon removing imagination from existence (Orrery to Monitor Sphere in this context) it was stated that Mxy was going to “unimagine" existence, bringing back existence to sketches, implying that existence is indeed simply imagination in the Fifth Dimension, and implies that imagination is the actual true material that defines the contents the story, further confirmed by the pen on the unimagined page. Something that is already consistent with imagination being the literal blood of the Multiverse, thus, the is the actual form of existence, everything else is a product of imagination. Which completely proves qualitative superiority on a R>F level.

No, this phrasing does not imply that the Fifth Dimension contains the Orrery.
Yeah of course, literally has nothing to do with my reply.

You are making the same mistake you did above, where you refer to an opinion or claim made based on limited evidence as something that has been "proved."
Thats like your whole game, dont come at me when i do it to you.

Xearsay showed clear evidence that the Monitors dug through the Multiverse to the Orrery to harvest the Bleed.

Are you seriously trying to imply that Morrison does not believe that the Fifth Dimension doesn't view the dimensions below it as fictional?
Why are you asking me this with this exasperated tone when I have very directly said this multiple times in this thread?

Morrisons cosmology is completely influenced by his psychedelic experience in Kathmandu.
It's also influenced by his readings into various religions such as Buddhism, Qabbala, various types of occult magic, philosophies, et cetera.

Morrison later incorporates all of this stuff into his comics, in Hypertime. Which he blatantly describes as a multi-layered model, each layer viewing the other as a fictional comicbook, this infamous video from Grant Morrison: Talking with Gods explains this best here.

All of course being in reference to Final Crisis, which happened a couple years back, and Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne Vol 1 #2.

So no, The Fifth Dimension would not be a regular higher dimension, it views whats below it as fiction
Be very specific: Which sentence in that video do you believe indicates that he believes the Fifth Dimension views lower dimensions as fictional? And do you have any evidence of this being reflected in the comics? As that is a requirement for author statements to be used.

Wrong, upon removing imagination from existence (Orrery to Monitor Sphere in this context) it was stated that Mxy was going to “unimagine" existence, bringing back existence to sketches, implying that existence is indeed simply imagination in the Fifth Dimension
Nothing about that implies that "existence is imagination in the fifth dimension" and starting out a sentence with "wrong" is very immature.

Yeah of course, literally has nothing to do with my reply.
If you say so.

Thats like your whole game, dont come at me when i do it to you.
You need to chill out. I have no idea why you're getting emotional about this.

It's also influenced by his readings into various religions such as Buddhism, Qabbala, various types of occult magic, philosophies, et cetera.
Correct, You're getting the hang of it

Which sentence in that video do you believe indicates that he believes the Fifth Dimension views lower dimensions as fictional?
It indicates that Morrison does indeed view dimensions as layered spaces, each one viewing the other as fictional.

And do you have any evidence of this being reflected in the comics?
Indeed, 4 years after Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne Vol 1 #2, in Multiversity: Pax Americana, Quantum Superman also shows that the 3rd dimension views the 2nd dimension as fictional.

Couple that with his whole M-theory/dimensions shenanigans, and yeah, Morrison clearly interprets all of these dimensions as being higher “meta-spaces" with the Fifth Dimension of course being a space that also views whats below it as fiction. As already shown by Snyder

And the reason why its so important, is because of my response to Aloniks post.

Nothing about that implies that "existence is imagination in the fifth dimension"
We know that Imagination is the literal blood of the Multiverse.

If literally just removing it causes the contents of the story to get “unimagined", and then shows a pen on the page, it completely implies that the Fifth Dimension is beyond the very story framework that these fictions are on.

You need to chill out. I have no idea why you're getting emotional about this.
Im not angry or emotional in the slightest. But i apologise if i seemed like a dick.

It indicates that Morrison does indeed view dimensions as layered spaces, each one viewing the other as fictional.
I'm asking which sentence or phrase in that video led you to that assessment?

Multiversity: Pax Americana, Quantum Superman also shows that the 3rd dimension views the 2nd dimension as fictional.
I don't share that opinion of Quantum Superman's words. He's just saying that he can see time forwards and backwards, like a comic book. Not that it's fictional. He has Dr Manhattan's powers, Dr Manhattan famously views his entire timeline simultaneously.

If literally just removing it causes the contents of the story to get “unimagined", and then shows a pen on the page, it completely implies that the Fifth Dimension is beyond the very story framework that these fictions are on.
That has nothing to do with a metafictional R>F layer between them rather than Imagination just being a basic foundation of existence which, when removed, causes the destruction of things.

I'm asking which sentence or phrase in that video led you to that assessment?
“So they have this notion time is a line, so i thought “So thats basic geometry”. If time is a line so wouldn't that mean that there could be lots of lines on a plane? And so i drew this thing on a back of a napkin to show it to Mark Waid, and it was like a kind of junction, a train junction, with these lines each of which representing different universes, meaning, different comicbooks that contradicted one another, they could all run parallel and sometimes they crossed over, sometimes that Batman who didn't agree with that Batman agreed with him here and fit in a little bit more, so although Frank Miller's Dark Knight didn't actually fit into canon with Batman, what it did is feed some of its energy into the main Batman line to reinvigorate it. So i created this big kind of diagram that was like a loom. And then, i thought okay if that's all the comics, in fact even on that line you can have the Marvel Comics lying running along here, and sometimes it crosses over when Marvel and DC and friends, you've got this beautiful model of comicbooks as a concept as this two-dimensional plane with all these timelines running over one another."

“And then, i thought and obviously above that, taking the metaphor of the geometry higher you would have Cubetime, and in Cubetime are people like us that who are able to look down on Planetime with all the comicbook universes from a higher-dimensional perspective."

“So that's what Hypertime was was, it was a of geometric vision that would incorporate the real world, and the comic universe, and allow every story that was ever told to be...real? Because they are real you can go pick them up, you know, and whether the continuity contradicts or not the stories remain...real? You know and it was-all my thing And was always get to the next level of what's real and what a comic is rather then trying to pretend that i was telling stories about a world that you just couldn't get to. A special world where Superman lives that's, there is no world where Superman lives, it's on that page, and so that's what i was trying to get at."

I don't share that opinion of Quantum Superman's words. He's just saying that he can see time forwards and backwards, like a comic book. Not that it's fictional. He has Dr Manhattan's powers, Dr Manhattan famously views his entire timeline simultaneously.
A comic book is fiction, yes.

And it is not the case of an entity viewing time nonlinearly, because Adam makes it completely clear it isnt, by directly comparing it to how the 3rd dimension views the 2nd, a comicbook. A fiction

That has nothing to do with a metafictional R>F layer between them rather than Imagination just being a basic foundation of existence which, when removed, causes the destruction of things.
Imagination is referred to as the "blood" of the Multiverse, suggesting that it is the vital force that gives life and shape to the various elements and contents of existence. Where removing imagination causes the contents of the story to be removed from existence, implying existence is literally a product of imagination, a product of the thing that shapes said contents of the story. It is R>F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back