• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marco and Jozu being 6-B for now is fine to me

If King and Queen start matching Marco and being said to be comparable to him, we have a difficult conversation to have

Marco and Jozu being 6-B for now is fine to me

If King and Queen start matching Marco and being said to be comparable to him, we have a difficult conversation to have
If that happens, then I believe that marco/jozu/ and ace will all have to be downgraded. The admirals, rayleigh, Yonko, and other god tiers stay at 6-B for sure though.

I think this bit should be removed. He literally lost in their exchange of attacks, whether you believe it was purely through Devil Fruit superiority or not, Ace couldn't match Akainu's attack.
Yeah, I think the idea that Ace only lost to Akainu because of a hierachy of devil fruits is not correct

Akainu is blatantly stronger in my eyes

If that happens, then I believe that marco/jozu/ and ace will all have to be downgraded. The admirals, rayleigh, Yonko, and other god tiers stay at 6-B for sure though.
Will they though? Ace is already getting a 7A likely 6b and hes scaling primarily to his own advent. And jozus scaling to his own feat. The king queen thing should only affect marco. And even then honestly rn they're barely taking damage from this attacks, kings tanking hits in base

Will they though? Ace is already getting a 7A likely 6b and hes scaling primarily to his own advent. And jozus scaling to his own feat. The king queen thing should only affect marco. And even then honestly rn they're barely taking damage from this attacks, kings tanking hits in base
I mean to be fair he may be tanking it, but he's still losing. Not to mention marco is getting 2v1ed and he's about to get 3v1ed. Also, it should apply to ace and jozu, considering marco has better feats than them both against the same people.

I mean to be fair he may be tanking it, but he's still losing. Not to mention marco is getting 2v1ed and he's about to get 3v1ed. Also, it should apply to ace and jozu, considering marco has better feats than them both against the same people.
Let's just avoid Wano Arc altogether in this thread for now.

That will be addressed in time, and the fight isn't over yet.

I think that the compromise solution for Ace and pre-timeskip BB is fine, but that Jozu should get something similar, given that he was stopped by Doflamingo and stomped by Aokiji.

I think that the compromise solution for Ace and pre-timeskip BB is fine, but that Jozu should get something similar, given that he was stopped by Doflamingo and stomped by Aokiji.

That's fair. Jozu hurting Aokiji is his most significant feat, but he's also had a feat of him charging into Crocodile (an admittedly inconsistent character as well) and not stomping him straight away. And the damage he did to Aokiji is ultimately quite minor.

Are there any suggestions for his scaling?

Aokiji transformed into Ice right before he got tackled (which is why most of his body shattered), but he still drew blood.

And @Ant, the Doflamingo antifeat is known as a lifting strength feat for Doflamingo, not an anti AP feat for Jozu. And he didn't get stomped by Akainu, they fought offscreen then he negated his durability and froze him to the bone, which is why his arm fell off after the war (via Durability negation, not attack potency).

Are there any suggestions for his scaling?

Attack Potency: At least High 7-A (Far superior to Crocodile, and should be comparable to Ace), possibly Country level (Could wound Aokiji with a surprise attack)

Durability: Country level with Devil Fruit (Withstood an attack from Mihawk that was meant for Whitebeard)

Just a suggestion.

Aokiji transformed into Ice right before he got tackled (which is why most of his body shattered), but he still drew blood.

Transforming into ice wouldn't protect him from the attack, due to Haki.

Attack Potency: At least High 7-A (Far superior to Crocodile, and should be comparable to Ace), possibly Country level (Could wound Aokiji with a surprise attack)

Durability: Country level with Devil Fruit (Withstood an attack from Mihawk that was meant for Whitebeard)

Just a suggestion.
Looks valid
His body turned into huge Ice blocks. Haki didn't shut off everything.

Mihawk strictly launched a long distance air pressure swipe against Jozu, not an actual full power sword strike.

Also, Vista seems like the second-strongest commander after Marco, given that he helped out against Mihawk and Akainu, so maybe we should rate him as 6-B as well?

Just a suggestion.

Fine by me. I would also like to add that jozu got frozen by aokiji stiff, and couldn't get out, but doffy could.

Mihawk strictly launched a long distance air pressure swipe against Jozu, not an actual full power sword strike.

Also, Vista seems like the second-strongest commander after Marco, given that he helped out against Mihawk and Akainu, so maybe we should rate him as 6-B as well?
I mean I think possibly would be better for vista since I don't believe Mihawk was trying.

His body turned into huge Ice blocks. Haki didn't shut off everything.

Haki doesn't stop the user from turning into their element. In fact it would shut off any advantage he'd gain from turning into ice, unless he specifically dodged out of the way.

It was a long-distance slash, so it may not be as powerful as a full 6-B close-range attack from Mihawk, but it's still his only significant durability feat, isn't it?

We could say he has "Likely 6-B durability".

We could rate him as Likely 6-B. He ultimately didn't harm either of those opponents, and his fight with Mihawk was off-screen after the moment they clashed.

I mean the thing is that jozu actually did fight kuzan (who is = to akainu ) evenly offsceen for a while, wasn't he caughtoff gaurd or something¿

We still have the statement from the databooks which states that the commanders are equals.

I think that Jozu's durability is somewhat uncertain, given that he did not remotely withstand a close combat full power swing from Mihawk.

Well, they have not been portrayed as equals in terms of combat prowess. The one from Wano is not portrayed as nearly as strong as Marco for example.
I agree. A statement can be made, and easily be contradicted by the narrative. For example, chinjao busting a "continent" it was stated, but it's contradicted by the fact that it doesn't look like one AT ALL.

Fine by me. I would also like to add that jozu got frozen by aokiji stiff, and couldn't get out, but doffy could.
What ¿ no. Aokiji simply never intended to kill doffy, if he did he would. He most likely just froze over him not from the inside out cuz luffy, sanji and zoro also got frozen. Aokiji did jozu differently and actually dura neg by freezing him to the very core.

I'd argue that conquerors haki can neg certain elements like doffy to kuzan, luffy to monet but need more factual evidence. That's for a different thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back