• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 9 Egghead Vice Admirals were stated to be Rokushiki users.
Garp can use Rokushiki.
Dalmatian can use Rokushiki.
Vergo can use Rokushiki.
Smoker likely can use Rokushiki due to his direct subordinate and inferior Tashigi having it.
Momonga can use Rokushiki.

This is 14 Admirals out of the 18 that we've seen in action have shown Rokushiki.

Also, I doubt that the World Government would make someone who isn't even trained in their martial art a Vice Admiral over someone who is, let alone an Admiral. At the end of the day, unless they've joined the Navy recently, the vast majority of their current day competent fighters were just normal people who've undergone the Navy's training.
This makes sense to me.

"Government agents" would be a term that would apply more towards Cipher Pol to me.

But I already accept anyway that several Marines have showcased Rokushiki abilities.

To me, this argument:

Also, I doubt that the World Government would make someone who isn't even trained in their martial art a Vice Admiral over someone who is, let alone an Admiral. At the end of the day, unless they've joined the Navy recently, the vast majority of their current day competent fighters were just normal people who've undergone the Navy's training.

Primarily seems to be an Argument from Incredulity.

Is it okay if I were to apply the stuff in the sandbox at this point? 2 staff members have agreed with likely Rokushiki and we all agree on everything else.

Is it okay if I were to apply the stuff in the sandbox at this point? 2 staff members have agreed with likely Rokushiki and we all agree on everything else.
I noticed you added something new to the sandbox, of Aokiji having Resistance to:

I don't think him just punching the battleships would be good enough proof of Resistance here. We don't see him in extended physical contact with them - and I'm not 100% sure that those former battleships were coated in Seastone since that innovation only became possible some time after Vegapunk was recruited by the World Government and I don't know where Aokiji's training with Garp falls on the timeline of that.

By 1 staff member.
But yeah, Since you got the staff approval, 2 votes should be enough, for the stuff that wasn't newly added, or being discussed, or has been rejected by a staff member.
(PS, but don't take my word for it, it is better to ask a staff then a random member)

I don't think him just punching the battleships would be good enough proof of Resistance here. We don't see him in extended physical contact with them
Garp and Kuzan's battleship bag training happened every single day whether it was through the night or within snow storms, they continued to punch the ships until the skin of their fists were ripped off and their bones were mangled. How is that not "extended physical contact"?
I'm not 100% sure that those former battleships were coated in Seastone since that innovation only became possible some time after Vegapunk was recruited by the World Government and I don't know where Aokiji's training with Garp falls on the timeline of that.
The ships that Kuzan and Garp destroyed were stated to be have armored hulls - the same armored hulls that are made of seastone. Also, they've been doing the training daily for like 25 years, they'd obviously have been punching Vegapunk's newer ones when they eventually became mainstream.

What i mean is that each individual punch is only going to be touching the hulls briefly.

I don't see how this would provide Aokiji with Resistance to Power Null.

The ships that Kuzan and Garp destroyed were stated to be have armored hulls - the same armored hulls that are made of seastone. Also, they've been doing the training daily for like 25 years, they'd obviously have been punching Vegapunk's newer ones when they eventually became mainstream.
Armored hulls doesn't necessarily mean armored with Seastone. And if their daily training is on Battleships that predate the Seastone coating then even is modern battleships have Seastone that doesn't mean that they'd necessarily switch to the newer battleships.

What i mean is that each individual punch is only going to be touching the hulls briefly.

I don't see how this would provide Aokiji with Resistance to Power Null.
I agree he wasn't resisting Powernull, because he... wasn't using his powers. It's a stamina feat.

What defines "extended" then? Luffy was unable to say more than 3 words before the effects of Seastone kicked in and Smoker's Steastone-tipped Jitte drained all of Luffy's energy the moment it touched his chest? Repeatedly punching Seastone for more than several hours at a time would drain the energy of a Devil Fruit User like Kuzan. It didn't.
Armored hulls doesn't necessarily mean armored with Seastone
The hulls are made of steel and are armored because of the Seastone.
And if their daily training is on Battleships that predate the Seastone coating then even is modern battleships have Seastone that doesn't mean that they'd necessarily switch to the newer battleships.
Kuzan joined the Navy 30 years ago and was a Vice Admiral 22 years ago during Ohara's Buster Call. His training with Garp started some time within these 7 years, likely closer 22 years ago rather than 30 due to him having already surpassed the training of Marine Instructors.

When MADS was absorbed into the World Government, Judge escaped and went to research cloning and lineage factors. Judge made his biological clone soldiers before having his kids, with each solider needing 5 years to be fully formed. This means that from the time Vegapunk joined the World Government to now, 29 years has passed (24 years [Reiju's age] + 5 years [development of clones]).

So if Vegapunk joined the Navy at least 29 years ago while Kuzan started battleship bag training likely at a later date, the odds of him starting off his training with Seastone-coated battleships are very high.

Your point also doesn't make any sense because even if Kuzan didn't start out with Seastone-coated battleships, we know that eventually he switched to the armored ones as stated by Jango, Brannew, and Fullbody.

The hulls are made of steel and are armored because of the Seastone.
What makes you say this? Why does "armored" mean Seastone specifically?

So if Vegapunk joined the Navy at least 29 years ago while Kuzan started battleship bag training likely at a later date, the odds of him starting off his training with Seastone-coated battleships are very high.

You raise a good point - but Vegapunk didn't necessarily come up with his Seastone innovation as soon as he joined the World Government.

Come to think of it I think it's only the literal bottom of the ships that have seastone coated on them, so the rest of the ship is just the normal materials or something

Come to think of it I think it's only the literal bottom of the ships that have seastone coated on them, so the rest of the ship is just the normal materials or something
Wrong. It's the hull that's coated.
You raise a good point - but Vegapunk didn't necessarily come up with his Seastone innovation as soon as he joined the World Government.
This is more of a reason for the battleships Kuzan were punching to be coated with Seastone. If Vegapunk already had the idea before joining the World Government, all he'd have to do is implement it, meaning they could replace older versions even quicker.

This is more of a reason for the battleships Kuzan were punching to be coated with Seastone. If Vegapunk already had the idea before joining the World Government, all he'd have to do is implement it, meaning they could replace older versions even quicker.

I meant he could have come up with it a while after he joined the WG.

It should also be noted that we grant Big Mom these resistances, so there's no reason not to give Kuzan for pretty much the same reasons.

• Limited Power Nullification and Stamina Absorption (Has been shown to been capable of moving regardless of being affected by 100% Seastone, while low densities have been shown to completely incapacitate and drastically weaken others and stopping them from using their abilities)

It should also be noted that we grant Big Mom these resistances, so there's no reason not to give Kuzan for pretty much the same reasons.

She was wearing cuffs made of Seastone though... And I'm not personally 100% convinced that Aokiji was actually punching Seastone itself.

Also, while I get the Stamina Absorption part for Big Mom, did she ever actually showcase any Resistance to Power Nullification while wearing the cuffs?

I think this could probably warrant its own CRT in the future. I'll remove the seastone stuff from Kuzan. Is the rest okay to add?

I think this could probably warrant its own CRT in the future. I'll remove the seastone stuff from Kuzan. Is the rest okay to add?

Well, I'm outvoted on the Rokushiki and Absolute Zero points. But the rest of the profiles look fine to me. (Even if I personally hate the "7 layers" stuff on the Haki entry)

There's a tiny typo on Kizaru's entry for the word "key":

Marksmanship (Borsalino has very precise aim, seen when he was able to hit a small kay across an entire warzone[14])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back