• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What ¿ no. Aokiji simply never intended to kill doffy, if he did he would. He most likely just froze over him not from the inside out cuz luffy, sanji and zoro also got frozen. Aokiji did jozu differently and actually dura neg by freezing him to the very core.

I'd argue that conquerors haki can neg certain elements like doffy to kuzan, luffy to monet but need more factual evidence. That's for a different thread.
I just stated that to play devil's advocate. Plus there's no evidence that he froze Doflamingo not nearly as much as he froze jozu.

I agree. A statement can be made, and easily be contradicted by the narrative. For example, chinjao busting a "continent" it was stated, but it's contradicted by the fact that it doesn't look like one AT ALL.
Most islands in one piece look like they span for 2 miles. But that changes when we get exact measurements.

Most islands in one piece look like they span for 2 miles. But that changes when we get exact measurements.
You realize chinjao busting it has long since been calced right? Not to mention it's shown to not be long at all in the anime itself, even if anime can be flawed. It was not a continent, pretty simple.

However, the only problem I have is that blackbeard was getting his ass handed to by a near-dead WB, which does make it a bit controversial for me, but it is only possibly, and for scaling to ace, which is alright ig.

This cannot be true. The Whitebeard War simply could not have worked as it did if Whitebeard had 14 Marco-level fighters on his side.
When i say commanders i would be reffering to marco, jozu & vista. They were consistent through the war arc. Doffy holding jozu back is like pre g2 luffy sending aokiji flying.

When i say commanders i would be reffering to marco, jozu & vista. They were consistent through the war arc. Doffy holding jozu back is like pre g2 luffy sending aokiji flying.
I disagree with you. If they were all equal I don't think jozu and vista would've had a problem of defeating them, if they were on par with marco, who was ACTUALLY doing something, then it would be more reasonable. It's already contradicted by the narrative too.

You realize chinjao busting it has long since been calced right? Not to mention it's shown to not be long at all in the anime itself, even if anime can be flawed. It was not a continent, pretty simple.
The islands in the anime look like they span 2miles too.

But anyway. Only care about marco anyway so if marco gets 6-B and others likely i see no problem as it has been said he wss equal and right now he's been holding off 2 of the commanders by himself for a long period of time which is consistent with the statements and feats.

The islands in the anime look like they span 2miles too.

But anyway. Only care about marco anyway so if marco gets 6-B and others likely i see no problem as it has been said he wss equal and right now he's been holding off 2 of the commanders by himself for a long period of time which is consistent with the statements and feats.
Those are islands, I'm talking about "continent"

I agree with marco being 6-B, the others should be 6-B too, I don't care about possibly 6-B for them though.

I disagree with you. If they were all equal I don't think jozu and vista would've had a problem of defeating them, if they were on par with marco, who was ACTUALLY doing something, then it would be more reasonable. It's already contradicted by the narrative too.
Vista fought against mihawk + offscreen for some time. Vista contributed in stopping akainu with marco. Jozu stopped a sword slash which was to "test" his strength against whitebeard and jozu blocked and deflected. Jozu fought kuzan off screen for while till he got frozen which is a bad match up for jozu considering the fact that he is physical and all it takes is a touch from aokiji to break him in two. Jozu also forced him into element state and kuzan drew blood.

Last edited:
Those are islands, I'm talking about "continent"

I agree with marco being 6-B, the others should be 6-B too, I don't care about possibly 6-B for them though.
Might need to elaborate on that but just leave it for now. Need to get this thread over with.

Ima stay neutral, Marco and admirals for 6-B.

Vista fought against mihawk + offscreen for some time. Vista contributed in stopping akainu with marco. Jozu stopped a sword slash which was to "test" how his strength against whitebeard and jozu blocked and deflected. Jozu fought kuzan off screen for while till he got frozen which is a bad match up for jozu considering the fact that he is physciall and all it takes is a touch from aokiji to break him in two. Jozu also forced him into element state and kuzan drew blood.
1. Mihawk didn't try. 2. Stopped Mihawk's sword slash that was casual with huge effort behind it, imagine if he got spammed with them. 3. Not a bad match up, he just lost, he only hurt kuzan once, and ended up losing, doesn't matter if he drew blood or not, it's one thing. Also, saying they fought offscreen doesn’t mean anything, aokiji was fine after freezing him, it could’ve just been pure domination from aokiji, we have no way to tell that. I do think Jozu should still be 6-B though, but it's something I wouldn't mind.

Regardless, I don't think anything should really change, including jozu.

Last edited:
Plus there's no evidence that he froze Doflamingo not nearly as much as he froze jozu.
0568-009.png
0569-006.png

0699-002.png
0699-005.png

They flat out say that Doffy wasn't frozen all the way while Jozu was frozen to the bone and his arm broke off... Kuzan didn't even make contact with Doffy while he had to hold on to Jozu until his body froze up.

What?

0568-009.png
0569-006.png

0699-002.png
0699-005.png

They flat out say that Doffy wasn't frozen all the way while Jozu was frozen to the bone and his arm broke off... Kuzan didn't even make contact with Doffy while he had to hold on to Jozu until his body froze up.

What?
You're right about that. Then yes, Jozu should be 6-B.

EDIT: I believe this thread can be closed now, as no one agrees with the compromise, and is fine with the new upgrades, but before that happens I think Pre-Timeskip, pre gura-gura BB should be 6-B too (if not ap, durability for sure). Hopefully these upgrades also confirm that as Whitebeard got weaker, his DF power didn't by TOO much since he's still able to whoop akainu and teach. (went from 26 teratons at first, down to like 14ish) @Damage3245 @Antvasima

Last edited:
So what are the conclusions here? I personally do not think that Jozu has any feats of a 6-B scale. Again, he was stopped by Doflamingo, stomped by Aokiji, and only stopped a very dispersed long distance air pressure slice from Mihawk, not remotely a full power sword swing.

In Jozu's defense he's a physcial fighter which puts him at a disadvantage due to aokiji only needing to touch him to freeze him to the core. If u look above we tell that jozu himself was fighting kuzan offsceen for quite some time evenly, the only thing that led him to his defeat was the fact that he was caught off gaurd due to marco's situation in which kuzan took advatage off which he states himself.

So what are the conclusions here? I personally do not think that Jozu has any feats of a 6-B scale. Again, he was stopped by Doflamingo, stomped by Aokiji, and only stopped a very dispersed long distance air pressure slice from Mihawk, not remotely a full power sword swing.

My suggestion is to put him as "At least High 7-A, possibly 6-B" for both AP and Dura.

Then wouldn't we have to find a scaling chain between Jozu, Ace, Doflamingo, and Crocodile then put a new key for Crocodile?

Then wouldn't we have to find a scaling chain between Jozu, Ace, Doflamingo, and Crocodile then put a new key for Crocodile?
I assumed there already would be one, since it has on Ace's profile that he should be comparable to Jozu, no?

Ace was comparable to Jimbe or Yamato (Kaido's daughter). He was unable to even harm Whitebeard while the latter was sleeping, and was effortlessly killed by Akainu.

Last edited:
Ace was comparable to Jimbe or Kaido's daughter. He was unable to even harm Whitebeard while the latter was sleeping, and was effortlessly killed by Akainu.
Ace was comparable to Jinbe and Yamato before his training with the Whitebeard Pirates. Same with the second one with Whitebeard. After his training he became astronomically stronger.
As time passed, Ace grew stronger, which is why his strongest attack initially didn't do anything to Whitebeard, but over time he could burn him.

Akainu killed Ace because of plot. Ace wasn't overpowered because of AP, he ran in the path of Akainu's fist (which we've given Durability negation plus it has an elemental advantage over Ace) and it went through his heart. Ace punched Akainu's punch previously and he showed very minor damage.

You realize aokiji froze him off guard right? Doflamingo stopping him means nothing.

"Regarding Pre-Timeskip Blackbeard, shouldn‘t he scale to High 7-A, possibly 6-B just like Ace" - friend of mine

Regardless of rationalisations, Ace and Jozu do not have any feats of equally matching any 6-B level characters on-screen that I know of, so I think that we should stick with "At least 7-A, possibly 6-B", as stated above. Anything more than that seems like speculation or wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back