• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

I think it'd be much better if everyone just referred to his stuff as "One Sword/Two swords/Three swords/CoA/ACoA/CoC/ACoC"
All that extra stuff is unnecessary as hell and confusing

Lucci vs Zoro is still so weird to me, since in the beginning we see Base Lucci with Buso Koka and possibly Tekai guard against Nitoryu with Buso Koka.

Then later on we see Zoro use Enma unleashed to clash with Awakened Lucci and it appears to be relatively fair, then Nitoryu with Buso Koka (I think) also fair evenly with Awakened Lucci, then finally Zoro uses Santoryu with Buso Koka to blitz and basically one shot Awakened Lucci.
Why don't we just assume Hahava Hunt is exceptionally strong compared to Zoros other attacks? Its not the first time Zoro has has showcased a named technique beyond his typical AP.

Why don't we just assume Hahava Hunt is exceptionally strong compared to Zoros other attacks? Its not the first time Zoro has has showcased a named technique beyond his typical AP.
You could say that. It seemed like one of his stronger Santoryu moves, though it's still below stuff like Onigiri/Purgatory Onigiri.
Also it's weird how Lucci was heavily wounded and scarred from that move while King got hit with an ACoA+ACoC Shishi Sonson and was still able to fight perfectly fine (though he was wounded from it)

Nah remove the Japanese sword style names 🙉 like even us or well me... Who gets imputed knowledge of op nearly everyday, forget the names of the different jp styles/martial art in one piece

Attack potency doesn't care about the style/skill... It cares about what's stronger, 1 sword < 2 swords < 3 swords... No reason to say Santoryu or Nitoryu which are skilled/style based names and not attack potency, that can be for things like abilities/powers section
Country level with Strongest attacks or Kyutoryu (His Ichidai Sanzen Daisen Sekai is this strong)
Like this change to 9 swords/9 sword style
and incapacitated Braham with a 36 Pound Cannon. With a 108 Pound Cannon, he cut through Ohm’s iron clouds when his regular attacks couldn’t and proceed to one-shot him)
Like we use the English for this and not Sanjuroku Pound Ho...

And then out of no where with jp names
City level+ (With Nitoryu, he matched Base Kaku's Rankyaku "Hakurai" with his 72 Pound Cannon, and fought equally with him for a long period of time. With Santoryu, he roughly fought on par with his Hybrid Form, even at some point managed to briefly overwhelmed him and redirect his attacks)
With Two Sword Style. Base Kaku's Tempest Kick "White Thunder". With Three Sword Style.

Much easier to know and remember

Nah remove the Japanese sword style names 🙉 like even us or well me... Who gets imputed knowledge of op nearly everyday, forget the names of the different jp styles/martial art in one piece

Attack potency doesn't care about the style/skill... It cares about what's stronger, 1 sword < 2 swords < 3 swords... No reason to say Santoryu or Nitoryu which are skilled/style based names and not attack potency, that can be for things like abilities/powers section

Like this change to 9 swords/9 sword style

Like we use the English for this and not Sanjuroku Pound Ho...

And then out of no where with jp names

With Two Sword Style. Base Kaku's Tempest Kick "White Thunder". With Three Sword Style.

Much easier to know and remember
Not gonna lie reading some of these names makes me have a mini stroke

you know... The anime has been making dragon ugly af for some reason for the longest time
D-Dragon-Face.png
ww8.png

D-Dragon.png
main-qimg-4de27737290596924513023b710777f0

latest
latest

Left one looks like an over serious person while the right one looks like some weird hobo

Last edited:
I always assumed Zoro got a rage amp from Sanji calling him a burden.
Nah he just decided to finally end the fight. Don't think he was necessarily pissed though.
But it's possible since he started flaring Conq Haki and hit him with a nasty Buso-amped Santoryu move off the rip

Nah he just decided to finally end the fight. Don't think he was necessarily pissed though.
But it's possible since he started flaring Conq Haki and hit him with a nasty Buso-amped Santoryu move off the rip
I don’t see why Zoro would have taken so long against Lucci if he could have ended it anytime considering the circumstances.

Last edited:
Eh, he's also got enhanced recovery, so that's a DF power.
Thats after getting attacked, if you dead/defeated from the attack... it won't mean anything with it's enhanced recovery
|能力の覚醒
能力が覚醒すると、超人系であれば、自分自身以外に周りの環境にも変化をもたらす。動物系なら桁違いのタフネスさと回復力を獲得する。動物系の覚醒は人格を取り込まれる可能性があり、リスクはあるが、大幅な戦力上昇は確実。
| Awakening of abilities
When an ability awakens, if it is a superhuman type, it changes not only itself but also the environment around it. If they are animal-types, they gain extraordinary toughness and resilience. Although the awakening of an animal type is risky because the personality of the animal type may be taken in, a significant increase in strength is assured.

Literally proves my point…

Lucci wasn’t fully out when hit by Zoro, that’s a toughness feat not a recovery feat

That would be after… it’s like when boxers need weeks to heal but instead zoan needs like 1 hour or something
Lucci was out but only for like, 5-10 seconds.
Which is about the same time he was out after getting hit by Luffy.

Lucci taking Zoro's slash without falling down is an endurance feat.

Lucci and the awakening beasts getting back up after being knocked unconscious is a recovery feat.

Awakened Zoans have both. I don't really see what the argument is.

Enduring something would first come from tanking something otherwise you'll be dead or unconscious

If your toughness allowed you to recover insanely fast, that's a thoughness feat and not a recovery feat if we assuming he was slightly unconscious for some seconds

Enhanced endurance isn't something that Awakened Zoan give

Awakened Zoans can be one-shotted by an attack and get back up because of their built-in recovery speed.
After sometime yes... But if they were able to instantly get back up, it would mean the damage wasn't significant enough for the recovery to take long meaning it will be thanks to their toughness
But they have recovery speed SEPARATE from their endurance.
Stop saying endurance... That's something totally unrelated

Oh, so your argument is just that the “toughness” and “resilience” awakened zoans have doesn't actually relate to the endurance of the user?
If I understand you correctly, I mean yee if your bringing up endurance stuff

My original point was that it doesn't matter if Lucci got unconscious for 5 seconds or not because it would be originally from his toughness that he was able to recover that fast

Sanji vs Zoro has to be one of the most dramatic and dumb things to argue about
Zoro has far better AP and Haki I don't even know why people entertain the thought that he would be matched by Sanji.
Though credit where credit's due, Sanji does seem to have better speed and durability with stuff like IJ, but still.

Back