• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

image.png

I looked up hypetool and these are literally the first results I got
This is a really sad reputation to have bruh I feel bad for Sanji

Nah, he's the most likely to die, because he had a crew pass without him before, and is gonna be the one who's the most desperate to stop that.
The only way to kill him is to throw him into the water or rip out his soul that is trapped in his body, i don't see him being killed by other things.

If Sanji continues with this story of not hitting ladies soon he will die because of it, not even the Usopp it's so messed up.
Tbf not hitting women is a thing we see in lots of other works of fiction
And honestly I can't mock Sanji for it. I couldn't bring my self to hit most women either.
I think it's because women seem to be physically weaker than men so it feels a little unfair to fight them (though this isn't the case with every woman obviously, there's some that could kill you and me with their fking pinky)

And honestly I can't mock Sanji for it. I couldn't bring my self to hit most women either.
I think it's because women seem to be physically weaker than men so it feels a little unfair to fight them (though this isn't the case with every woman obviously, there's some that could kill you and me with their fking pinky)
Exactly, in the last fight Sanji almost died because of a woman and he was still a knight.

Nah, Sanji is objectively incorrect. He's not fighting civillian-ass women all the time. He literally refused to fight with a 27ft tall Yonkou with like 30 times his body mass who literally eats people, uses all 3 Haki, and has one of the top 25 Devil Fruits on the planet, with the skills to back that shit up, just because of her being a woman.

Gentleman shit does not excuse Vinsmoke "Only I get to score points with Bonney" Sanji from this. This would be like if Naruto saw Kaguya about to wipe out the human race and went "Well, Sasuke, you got this, also I'm not forming hand signs. ZOOWEEMA!!!" and shot a gallon of blood out of his nose.

Nah, Sanji is objectively incorrect. He's not fighting civillian-ass women all the time. He literally refused to fight with a 27ft tall Yonkou with like 30 times his body mass who literally eats people, uses all 3 Haki, and has one of the top 25 Devil Fruits on the planet, with the skills to back that shit up, just because of her being a woman.

Gentleman shit does not excuse Vinsmoke "Only I get to score points with Bonney" Sanji from this. This would be like if Naruto saw Kaguya about to wipe out the human race and went "Well, Sasuke, you got this, also I'm not forming hand signs. ZOOWEEMA!!!" and shot a gallon of blood out of his nose.
I'm pretty sure he actually said he'd excuse Luffy attacking Big Mom with Kong Gun because he didn't consider her to be an actual woman, more of a straight up monster.

1. Sanji doesn't refuse to kick women because he's a pervert. It's because Zeff taught him to do so since he was a kid, and kicking a woman would mean him failing as Zeff's son.

2. If you interpreted the "only I get to score points with Bonney" scene as anything perverted then that says more about you than anything. He obviously just wants to show her that if no one in the world will have her back and protect her, he will. Especially since her dad died and the leaders of the world are literally trying to kill her. Sanji is clearly acting like a big brother rather than seeing her as a love interest, especially when this is how he acts around her compared to literally every other woman this arc.

3. Boiling down Sanji's character to just "gentleman shit" to downplay his actions is very shallow, but I can't say I'm surprised given who I'm talking to and the topic at hand.

Yeah I don't care for Sanji much (at least not his post ts self, his pre ts version is marvelous, Oda somehow wrecked him right off the jump when the time skip ended) but implying he's attracted to Bonney is a bit much, I'm like 99% sure he saw her turn into her true form with Kuma as well.

Oda somehow wrecked him right off the jump when the time skip ended
Tbf if I was sent to Kamabakka Kingdom for 2 years and immediately brought to Fishman Island, I'd be a different man too (only Sanji's case is exaggerated because this is One Piece + he was already pretty over-the-top to begin with)

Anyway speaking of him I really wish he got ACoA in Wano or something. At this point in the story I expect him to have at least one type of Advanced Haki, seeing how Zoro has two and Luffy had three.
Not that he necessarily needs it, since he's still strong enough to beat people like Queen (who's very versatile, sturdy and strong), but I just think it'd make him more respected and capable.
Tbf if I was sent to Kamabakka Kingdom for 2 years and immediately brought to Fishman Island, I'd be a different man too (only Sanji's case is exaggerated because this is One Piece + he was already pretty over-the-top to begin with)
Honestly I would say that Sanji would have been fine in Kamabakka, but with the way Oda portrayed the Okamas, I can see why he acted a fool there.
Oda was really off his rocker with the way he did the Okamas, he made them look like sociopathic cultish hobgoblins or something.
That was pretty foul, and Sanji didn't deserve that, especially when everyone else in his crew was basically chilling.

1. Sanji doesn't refuse to kick women because he's a pervert. It's because Zeff taught him to do so since he was a kid, and kicking a woman would mean him failing as Zeff's son.
I didn't say that, the nosebleeds an unrelated thing I put in because it would be funny if he were to say "Zooweema!" and pass out. It's not that deep.
2. If you interpreted the "only I get to score points with Bonney" scene as anything perverted then that says more about you than anything. He obviously just wants to show her that if no one in the world will have her back and protect her, he will. Especially since her dad died and the leaders of the world are literally trying to kill her. Sanji is clearly acting like a big brother rather than seeing her as a love interest, especially when this is how he acts around her compared to literally every other woman this arc.
I don't literally believe that, it's a joke about how the phrasing could be interpreted, I obviously know he's trying to be her family because they've got a similar background. Both had dogshit birth dads(we don't know who it was with Bonney, but it's a celestial Dragon, and possibly Saturn, so I do not give a shit, he was a bad person), had their moms die of sickness, got adopted by a cool-ass dad, put their life.
3. Boiling down Sanji's character to just "gentleman shit" to downplay his actions is very shallow,
I'd think the rampant jokes would explain that I was being hyperbolic, but anyway, this specific thing is, in fact, because of some "real man, real gentleman" stuff, a role he took on due to him wanting to be like his father, pirate Gordon Ramsey. I just think it's a little much for either of them to hold back against people that can actually kill them.
but I can't say I'm surprised given who I'm talking to and the topic at hand.
Kachon, don't be an ass, I made a couple jokes at the expense of a character I like, it's not that bad.

Both had dogshit birth dads(we don't know who it was with Bonney, but it's a celestial Dragon, and possibly Saturn, so I do not give a shit, he was a bad person),
I seriously doubt it was Saturn. His god complex is even worse than the other CDs and the Holy Knights. He wouldn't... "do that" with someone with a normal lineage.
It's likely that it was Garling

I just think it's a little much for either of them to hold back against people that can actually kill them.
You can believe whatever you want, but again, it's pretty shallow to think that considering that's literally what One Piece is about.

It's just as bad as saying "No way Zoro decided to take the attack from Mihawk's black blade instead of stepping away or taking the hit to his back. He could've died and the entire crew would've been put in jeopardy" or "Ace is so stupid for getting himself killed over a yo mama joke. He could've easily ignored it and left."
Kachon, don't be an ass, I made a couple jokes at the expense of a character I like, it's not that bad.
I meant it more as "One Piece fan talking about Sanji" and not "Slend talking about One Piece," since most people seem to enjoy hating on Sanji while blatantly mischaracterizing him. My bad if I worded it in a way that offended you.

I just wish Oda treated him better.
Like how? Its you who don’t treat him good, nothing new happened in fishman besides getting more excited and appreciate for girls which makes sense because of him having experience hell for 2 years in his perspective

And then we get a more in depth explanation to a lot of things of him in whole cake

Sanji pre timeskip is just a little more mysterious… bro was still willing to rather die then fight Kalifa and bro was still chasing women any time he could get

Back