• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

0429-202400201.jpg
0429-202400202.jpg

Yoo, they have everything Colored and stuff

Or it was a literal army. With guns, which most people are not immune to. Plus, I think it was Saturn.
I would doubt him coming down to take her himself but the dude is such a big Kuma hater he probably actually went down there just to kidnap his girlfriend and experiment on her (even though he could just have a Holy Knight do it)

I would doubt him coming down to take her himself but the dude is such a big Kuma hater he probably actually went down there just to kidnap his girlfriend and experiment on her (even though he could just have a Holy Knight do it)
I think it had to be a sizable and powerful force no matter what, since I'm pretty sure her whole army got wiped off the map.

Finally, new VC for the Straw Hats! Hopefully it's explained how Robin is able to become a demon.

Things I hope will be covered.

• More general information on Gear 5. I doubt it will be anything new, but it could yield some interesting info about him.
  • Further explanation on Sanji's germa amps.
  • Zeus and Nami's overall power.
  • Literally anything about Jinbe. Man is so starved for feats lately.
  • Franky's weaponry.

Is this a Mandela affect or is this true? Cause I remember it being said that the fight between akainu and Aokiji was just them standing at one spot not moving not an actual fight.

ONE PIECE: 3D2Y it's canon ?

I loved this film so much, it added a lot to the anime or complement to the work itself

Yes it should be... Somehow didn't get accepted

Yes it should be... Somehow didn't get accepted
I agree that it should, there is a lot of evidence that we can use to give reactions to the characters, such as having citations for the speed of light and sound, among other things.

It also shows Luffy being able to fight on par with people >= Hancock, so it would throw some scaling out the window.
I kind of agree with this, since he was still being trained and learning to fight, Luffy after this training played with her with extreme ease.

For me she is one of the weakest Shichibukai (taking the Buggy )

Ok, >= is a stretch, but there's a fishman they gang up on who's able to damage both of them, and Luffy's hurting him in base, and this scientist lady Hancock fights is able to keep up with her, and World is the strongest of the group.
Tbf Hancock and her sisters have normal human durability so a fishman hurting them is fine
Can't defend the scientist lady scaling to her though

Here's a huge pet peeve of mine: When people don't know what plot is.
Like this seriously pisses me off, for example if Usopp endures a Divine Departure for what ever reason Oda wants him to endure it, EVERYONE will slander Shanks and his fans relentlessly for a while.
They don't know that Oda really doesn't care about powerscaling usually, he will have characters doing crazy feats when ever he wants, after all it's his manga and he can do what he wants with it.
Edit: Btw this has nothing to do with the comments above me. I was thinking about Saturn vs the weaker Straw Hats in 1113.

Last edited:
Just rewatched 3D2Y, and I gotta say, the scaling's a bit off, but more consistent than I remember.

Btw, before explaining the scaling, I just want to acknowledge that the start of the film is perhaps the greatest film opening I have ever seen, because it's just fast-paced Marineford and other flashbacks. I really like some of the quotes here, which were somewhat different from what I remember them being in the original, like Whitebeard going "Everyone get Ace, and once you've done that... DESTROY THE NAVY!!!" and Sengoku going "Struggle all you like, you're still in the palm of my hand!" Also, Akainu seems to actively be groaning in pain a few seconds after Vista and Marco attack him.

Anyway, there's some fancy scaling in there, let's go.

For one thing, Luffy is hurt by:
-Being hit by the ears of a big rabbit
-Getting punched by World, who didn't know he had DF powers
-A big cannonball
-Being grazed by a cannonball before he could activate his Haki
-Knockback

In his prime, when World was on a rampage, they sent out:
-Several Marine Battleships
-Garp
-Sengoku
-A Pirate Alliance
-Cipher Pol Agents, who convinced the fodders in his crew to turn on him, and one of whom was able to take him down immediately with a Buso-enhanced Shigan.

In 3D2Y, when World gets to work, they call in:
-Every Warlord
-A fleet of Marine Battleships
-Akainu

This fishman, Sebastian, who was World's favorite and also the coolest member, has an extended fight with Luffy AND Hancock. It's basically:
-He shoots water that knocks them back, and they get back on the ship
-He swings on Hancock, she dodges and uses her powers, it doesn't work, she goes "No one's taste in women could be that bad!" and he goes "So sorry, turns out I'm blind!"
-Luffy knocks him down with a Jet Pistol, he gets back up, bleeding. Luffy calls him tough, and the two start clashing for a bit.
-Buggy shows up in the background and his crew starts glazing up everyone.
-Hancock dodges an attack from the fishman, and he gets surprise attacked by Luffy, who he didn't see coming.
-He jumps into the water, then shoots some water bullets, which are dodged.
-He punches Luffy, and knocks him back.
-Hancock uses Perfume Femur, but he uses "Camouflage air," and vanishes, not being hit. He appears behind her, Luffy jumps in between them, and the two are launched onto a nearby island or something in under a second. Hancock is somewhat damaged, and so is Luffy.
-He makes some spikes come out of his body and smacks into Luffy like a buzzsaw, but gets oneshotted by Gear 3rd, but is still standing until Perona hits him with some Hollows.

Enraged, Luffy is then wrecked by Byrnndi World base-to-base, and then World's Buso punch knocks out Gear 2nd. World starts giving him weapons to fight with, and Luffy says he doesn't want any. Using Buso in G2, he slightly scratches World, who punches him with Haki on and pins him with shuriken, and then calls everyone weak.

Boa fights a drug dealer, who blocks her powers by making herself sick, then shoots poison that dissolves clothing, a moment added solely for fanservice. Then she returns to her youth, for fanservice. She starts spamming kicks, and Hancock dodges, and starts jumping around to dodge. She fires off a series of arrows and shots, and the ninja pharmacist blocks by throwing up dust. Hancock goes "Ahahaha I'm hot," and the other lady makes herself sick again, and keeps attacking, with Hancock dodging, then gets hit by Salome and makes herself sick again. Hancock starts gloating and posing while this lady overdoses on prescription medication, passes out, and gets turned to stone. So the only feats there were blocking attacks.

Luffy is nearly crushed by stone walls, and meets Minecraft Steve, who proceeds to trap him, then jump him and knock him down with a hammer, then shoot cubes at him, with one of them actually hurting Luffy by slamming him into a wall. He then uses several more to crush Luffy, and starts throwing hands with the Buggy Pirates. Buggy and Galdino dodge a bunch of them, and Luffy's body unflattens, because he's made of rubber. Buggy gaslights himself into believing he's a God-Tier, and his crew get reverse-jumped by Minecraft Steve, who shoots an air cube that Galdino blocks, before being knocked out after he's hit with like 5 at one. This guy instantly turns Buggy into a cube, and cube Buggy dodges like 5 cube shots, then divides himself before the hammer can crush him. He pulls himself together in his tiny form, and starts talking about how he has the power to blow multiple towns away with his upcoming attack. Tiny Buggy shoots a Muggy Ball that blows up the guy's air cube, then Hancock jumps in, kicks three of the guy's teeth out and knocks him down after the first hit, and turns him to stone.

Luffy has Zenkai'd. He's done this every time, and he's gonna beat up World. World shoots gravel at him, he goes Gear 2nd, and World grabs him, knocks him down, and shoots him with gravel. Luffy grabs his leg, says "even if you move 10x faster than normal, I've got your leg," World goes 30x and dodges several Jet Pistols, then goes 50x and slams Luffy into the ground, forcing him out of G2. Luffy shows him what he's made of, in this case, rubber, but World's Fullbody Haki tanks G3. Luffy uses Buso in G2, but misses, and then uses Jet Gattling, and misses. World hits him, he cries out, and he's impaled on metal spikes. After a few minutes, Luffy reaches the maximum level of pissed, rushes over, presumably with Soru, and blocks a gravel toss, then uses G2 Buso to knock World down. He then bocks Fullbody Haki World's punch with his own Haki, and World starts talking shit and knocks him down, knocking the wind out of him and making him bleed. Luffy then dodges a hit, and they start brawling in midair, with World being knocked out. Luffy uses Jet Gattling, and World uses 100x speed, before being hit with Red Hawk. World starts shambling over to his cannon to take out the Marines, tells his brother he cares, and immediately is countered by Mihawk.

All in all, inconsistencies here could hypothetically be explained, and there aren't that many.

Back