• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

445377163_799163128945311_5846846068951670909_n.jpg
444788913_740748361564569_3329291449770375663_n.jpg
436592352_1532694490984633_7553948405597479964_n.jpg

why does oden shiver after getting hit by boro breath but gets right back up and starts running after getting hit by kamusari?

why does oden shiver after getting hit by boro breath but gets right back up and starts running after getting hit by kamusari?
Roger's Divine Departure was the very first move of their fight.

In the Kaido fight, Oden has been fighting against Kaido for some time. See the third panel where it says "The battle lasted longer than expected..."

We need Mother Flame to look like this
A loli?

🙈

Anyone got the translation for this

Raw Japanese-

Kanji-Yellow Text:
カードの導きで"四皇"の旗下へ!! 冷静沈着に次の手を練る

Largest Paragraph in White Text:
“最悪の世代”の一員。アプー・キッドと結託していたが、突如現れたカイドウにより同盟が崩壊。百獣海賊団入り後は実力を認められ真打ちとなる。現在は、ワノ国で治安維持の任務に就いており、光月の生き残り達による反乱の動向を探っている。大混乱の鬼ヶ島にあって刻々と変わる状況・未来をカードで分析。常に生き残りの最善手を選び取り、乱世を切り抜ける。

Middle Right Caption next to Panel:
これから騙す標的を前に、終始平静に占いを続ける度胸とポーカーフェイスの持ち主。

Middle Left Caption next to Panel:
常に脱出可能なローを牢獄につなぐ為に、したたかに準備を進めていた。

Bottom Left Caption next to Panel: "ワラワラの実"能力発動時は藁人形に変身。戦闘能力にすぐれた、 キラーとも渡り合う。

Translated-

Yellow Text:Guided by the cards, he joins the ranks of the "Four Emperors" and calmly devises his next move.

Largest Paragraph in White Text: He is a member of the "Worst Generation." He had formed an alliance with Apoo and Kid, but their alliance collapsed due to the sudden appearance of Kaido. After joining the Beast Pirates, he proved his strength and became a key member. Currently, he is assigned the task of maintaining security in Wano Country and is monitoring the movements of the surviving members of the Kozuki family's rebellion. In the midst of the chaos on Onigashima, he analyzes the ever-changing situation and future with his cards. He always chooses the best course of action to survive and navigate through turbulent times.

Middle Right Caption next to Panel:
He is a person who maintains a calm demeanor and a poker face while continuously conducting divination in front of his intended targets, whom he plans to deceive.

Middle Left Caption next to Panel:
He cunningly prepared himself to secure Law, who was always capable of escaping, in a prison.

Bottom Left Caption next to Panel:
When activating the power of the "Wara Wara no Mi," he transforms into a straw doll. He possesses excellent combat abilities and can hold his own against Killer.

Sometimes I wish Hawkins was a Tobiroppo instead of a Headliner. It doesn't make sense for a Supernova captain to be weaker than them, and it makes even less sense for Killer who just got off of rooftop to go down 3 pegs to fight him.
Yeah but there'd be too many Tobiroppo if Hawkins and Apoo were promoted with that logic

I think Apoo is fine as informant, as he doesn't fall under the crew hierarchy, but Page One was NOT needed 😭 Hawkins could've easily taken his spot
Yeah I don't think Page One did anything of value besides slightly hurting Sanji through the Raid Suit (even then I think Sanji got his revenge later on)
But Hawkins is also pathetic tbf.
Either way both still clap Vergo though

Sometimes I wish Hawkins was a Tobiroppo instead of a Headliner. It doesn't make sense for a Supernova captain to be weaker than them, and it makes even less sense for Killer who just got off of rooftop to go down 3 pegs to fight him.
I wouldn't say he's weaker than them; he just doesn't fit the aesthetic of the Tobi Roppo. Not to mention that Drake's been with them for a couple years while Hawkins was only recruited a couple weeks ago.

Also is the "Hawkins is equal to Killer" thing valid? Cause it seems like Killer made relatively quick work of him once he realized he could take his left arm off.

I wouldn't say he's weaker than them; he just doesn't fit the aesthetic of the Tobi Roppo. Not to mention that Drake's been with them for a couple years while Hawkins was only recruited a couple weeks ago.
You climb the ranks of the Beast pirates through power not aesthetics.

You climb the ranks of the Beast pirates through power not aesthetics.

I'm aware - but from a Doylist perspective, Oda wanted a group of six Ancient Zoans for his mini-boss squad. Hawkins wouldn't have fit in, no matter how strong he is.

In time, Hawkins could have climbed the ranks but my headcanon is that he was too new to the crew. Even the Tobi Roppo don't automatically get the right to be promoted to an All-Star; they had to be granted the opportunity to fight one of the All-Stars as a reward for bringing in Yamato.

I'm aware - but from a Doylist perspective, Oda wanted a group of six Ancient Zoans for his mini-boss squad. Hawkins wouldn't have fit in, no matter how strong he is.

In time, Hawkins could have climbed the ranks but my headcanon is that he was too new to the crew. Even the Tobi Roppo don't automatically get the right to be promoted to an All-Star; they had to be granted the opportunity to fight one of the All-Stars as a reward for bringing in Yamato.
Yeah, Hawkins probably needed an official 1v1 with a Tobiroppo.

I think the saddest part is even though they all had an entire arc to do stuff Jack never even showcased basic CoA even though Apoo and Ulti did and he never used FMK/FMJ either despite being part fishman

I think the saddest part is even though they all had an entire arc to do stuff Jack never even showcased basic CoA even though Apoo and Ulti did and he never used FMK/FMJ either despite being part fishman

Jack was treated horribly in Wano. Struggled with Ashura Doji, off-screened by the two Mink Kings, barely any focus on his hybrid form. No usage of Haki, no named attacks...

Jack was treated horribly in Wano. Struggled with Ashura Doji, off-screened by the two Mink Kings, barely any focus on his hybrid form. No usage of Haki, no named attacks...
If you showed his feats to someone who hadn't gotten to Zou/Wano yet and asked them to guess whether he was just another Tobiroppo or one of Kaido's top 3 Commanders they'd likely go with the former.

Back