• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Ten Thriller Bark

Zoro hadn't good Haki at the time so no. He was unaware of its existence.

But the outlier argument doesn't exist anymore

I would wait on the Vivrecard entry of Kuma to see what is said about that statement of his being able to repel air at light speed.

Personally I do believe Kuma's statement is valid since Light Speed / Near LS in One Piece happens more than once, but I see why it's treated as an outlier / hyperbole.

I always interpreted Kuma stating that as in the speed which he can reflect at is light speed, not that the projectiles themselves are light speed.

There's still the fact that Kuma repels air at LS, but that doesn't mean it travels at such speed.

It did give a valid reason. "Repel air at light speed which penetrates anything" he's been penetrating rock like it's butter. As the way he moves around is more likely better than kizaru's and 'seems' faster. The air pads moved so fast that not even zoro knew what it was and it took all he had just to dodge it. Until the badass ballerina act.

The repelled air get hit by the pads at LS, but then it starts the movement at an unknown speed.

I don't think that he means just repelling air that is LS. That sounds more like nitpicking semantics to me.

If u were to repel something at mach 1 wouldn't it start at mach one then slow down┬┐ but i doubt it's slowing down within a 10-40 ft depending on force. Repelling at Light speed should be anywhere near 40ft

Official trans says, "Air pressure deflected at light speed... creating a piercing shockwave." Basically same thing as the trans from above.

I don't think it's being nitpicky. It could easily just be a misunderstanding on one side of the interpreter.

Kuma deflects the air super fast (which in this case is light speed), allowing him to create a shockwave.

I don't think that statement suggests that the projectiles are light speed themselves. Plus, it would make sense within the context of a weakened Zoro being barely able to dodge the shockwaves which should be around the level of a full strength Pre-TS Monster Trio.

Wouldn't make sense for a tired Zoro to be dodging light speed like other top tiers.

Well, regarding the OP Magazine, it's interesting to see another possible All-Star. I wonder what would have happened in the creative proccess to make it into the manga.

And King is a swordsman, interesting.

Anyone been seeing the rumors on twitter about Carrot being an All-Star from the past and being sent into the future ƒæǃñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñªÔÇìÔÖé´©Å It's interesting but y her tho?? That's stupid

Meh to me it's funny seeing people getting messed with and being so heartbroken at a possible evil Carrot.

Nothing there implies it's canon, he worked on film z, strong world and film gold and approved of them but they still weren't canon. From a story POV it would make no sense even if it was canon, doesn't fit anywhere

It's just like Film Gold where everyone was together even tho some of the crew should have been in Zou by then

Technically anything could be after WCI even the end of Wano arc.

I suggest we should probably wait till after the movie and more information

I'd love having a canon movie (COUGH COUGH SAGA COUGH) but I really doubt Oda'd let Toei release a movie chronologically after Wano with the arc itself still ongoing.

Especially if Luffy learns a new skill in Wano that is extremely powerful but in the actual movie he doesn't demonstrate it just because.

Definitely want to see Future Sight shown in the movie

Douglas is implied to be so strong a team up of Luffy, Sabo, Lucci, Law, Hancock, Smoker And Buggy is gonna have a hard time defeating him

Talk about living up to the hype

Maybe some of the scaling for the secondary characters might be acceptable.

But yeah, Bullet is definitely the most dangerous enemy yet if such an alliance must be done in order to beat him.

Back