• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Ten Thriller Bark

Is it too much to ask that Luffy make a little progression at reaching Yonko level ƒÿ× he keeps getting One-Shot, just a little bit of development, otherwise how the hell is gonna be able to do anything by the time he reaches Kaido

Well, he did woke up with some bruises. He's still far from the Yonko level, but with the Haki development he's getting the difference might not be as big soon.

I actually like it this way. I prefer the power progression making sense than jumping tiers from one chapter to the other just because power ups.

By the end of Wano, Luffy should have reached a level where at his full power, whether that be with Awakening or Haki, he can fully contend 1 on 1 with a Yonko, if not, One Piece will last till the heat death of the universe, sometimes I forget how painful the wait of One Piece is, 900+ chapters and we ain't even close to being done, which is just frustrating that I have to wait

What Cal said. It would look way worse if he got oneshot by Kaido, became a prisoner and suddenly jumped from there to being able to fight a Yonko. I view him learning this application of Haki as progress.

Yeah, and Haki's now getting more hax to justify the fight.

But I want to see Kaido's skin being so tough that not even this form of Haki can break.

I'm honestly afraid Oda or I will die before One Piece ends, like it's one of the common fears of humanity really

^ That is a legitimate fear right there.

I would love to see that despite wrapping her in seastone and using 100 tranquilizers that Big Mom will just wake up regardless and break out of those seastone chains effortlessly with brute strength

Can't Queen just push BM into a lake (Basically any controlled environment) and have her suffocate to death.

This man queen bruhhh ƒÿ¡ƒÿ¡ƒÿ¡ I don't know if he jsut did one of the coolest things I've ever seen post time skip or the dumbest shit I've seen ƒÆǃÆǃÆÇ

-BANLK- said:
Can't Queen just push BM into a lake (Basically any controlled environment) and have her suffocate to death.
He bring her to Kaido in order to give him the possibility to chose what to do with BM.

Who say he can do such decision by himself? he is just a underling of Kaido

AstralKing7 said:
Oh shit!!! Luffy can ignore durability nowƒöуöуöуöÑ
Not yet, he needs to master it, by the end of Wano he will, tho.

Watch as he combined that skill with a new unseen Gear 4th Transformation and cause Kaido to bleed for the first time in a long while.

Hmm I think I heard somewhere that Kaido can only be killed by a sword but can't remember where tho

Also the fact that zoro could now possibly make his own black blades is interesting

That means Luffy could possibly Lee the sword he has and use it to maybe kill Kaido

AstralKing7 said:
That movie is gonna be so fuckinglit!!! I'm expecting it to be better in sales than Black panther and Endgame tbh
>Better than endgame

Talking about dellusion.

Endgame actually wasn't even better than part 1 imo

I had more fun watching part 1 than part 2

Black panther was lowkey better than Endgame

Blackpanther was garbage, but no way an One Piece movie is selling more than it no matter how great it looks, and the notion of it outselling Endgame is... Wow.

Were talking about the Endgame that's close to becoming the highest grossing movie of all time

Stampede would top Endgame in a utopic world only. The series isn't as known worldwide as it HST peers or Dragon Ball, let alone the MCU that has been releasing blockbuster movies for 12 years.

It might be well sold, but never as the examples given above.

Some new hax weapons but no real feats this chapter. Shame.

And another great chapter is released. While not super informative, this chapter is great in its own right as it was an obligatory chapter introducing characters to the other. A setup/foundation chapter in a sense.

As the story progresses, the theme we should all be aware of by now is "Freedom". That is the core of the story. The people of Udon state their inability to attain freedom, thus their despair despite the short lived and transient moments of happiness seeing Luffy cause some disorder to the Beast Pirates. Wherever Luffy goes, he frees people from subjugation, poverty, slavery, etc. This is why Luffy will eventually return to WCI for those that haven't pieced that together... Big Mom will essentially be saved one way or the other.

In the introduction to the Nine Red Scabbards, it seems the reason O-Kiku isn't recognised is because back 20 years ago in Oden's era, she wore that mask and that's how O-Kiku's recognised. That's why she's been able to walk through Wano unknown to anyone unlike Kinemon, Raizo and the rest

On another related note on O-Kiku, I guess this could be a reference to Kamatari from Rurouni Kenshin, who was a woman turned out to be a man. For those who didn't know, Oda was the author's assistant back then and the idea was his iirc. I'm also getting that Haku vibes from Naruto as well. One Piece was lacking was a trap character in all of his 948+ chapters, and now with O-Kiku, my life is complete, thank you Oda, very cool

Finally, we get why Queen is called the plague. My initial thoughts were he was wearing the plague epithet given he's an infectious fellow charisma-wise and we often see his subordinates dance along with him.

However, I guess the name is probably one given to him by the WG for his criminal activities, so this makes the most sense. Simply put, he tends to use biological weapons to spread diseases, thus the epithet. It seems that it only have to hit one person and that person can spread the infection around. Seems similar in concept to Magellan who could have his poison spread like a virus and instant kill anybody. Don't know why he didn't use some of those weapons on Big Mom, even though it probably wouldn't have work.

Also we started a new cover story and from the looks of it Chiffon and the Firetank pirates escaped WCI safely.

I really hope Luffy gets his sword back. From the looks of it nose Zoro can make his own Black Blades everlasting which may mean he doesn't need the one Luffy had. Kaido's crew did take it right?

Back