• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Cloud Calculation Rule (For One Piece)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We obviously see that the storm clouds in Onigashima are regular storm clouds akin to what we get IRL. So, for the sake of lowball, why don't we take the density of the least dense naturally occurring storm clouds IRL, and use that density for the OP storm clouds. Since, they're akin to our IRL storm clouds, they shouldn't be less dense than our least dense IRL storm clouds. Or maybe use the average Japanese storm cloud density, since Wano is based on Japan and Oda is Japanese.

We obviously see that the storm clouds in Onigashima are regular storm clouds akin to what we get IRL. So, for the sake of lowball, why don't we take the density of the least dense naturally occurring storm clouds IRL, and use that density for the OP storm clouds. Since, they're akin to our IRL storm clouds, they shouldn't be less dense than our least dense IRL storm clouds.
we need a value for it then

Yeah so I've ran back and forth with every damn equation and the issue is that the reference point we use (the density super high) breaks the barometric formula
as well

It's possible there's just not a satisfactory solution for this. There are plenty of other feats for One Piece too that we can rely on so we're not locked into being dependent on cloud calculations.

Nah, there's definitely a satisfactory solution, it's just that we need a consensus.

Cause we can say "yeah I think using the lowest cumulonimbus cloud density possible should be fine" and then DT comes in and says "nah this can't work"

If DT is too busy to participate here, maybe we get some more active CGM to come up with a solution and when DT gets time in the future he can continue to revise this if he wants. There’s absolutely 0 reason we should hold up a thread for months for a single dude

Imo, that is what I would do, lowball the density based on the visuals of the Onigashima clouds being storm clouds. I think that is a far better angle than trying to come up with an equation for a wacky planet that isn't earth. The cloud looks like a storm cloud, acts like a storm cloud, we should be able to approximate it as such at the very least lowballed with our less dense clouds irl.

Are you saying we take the density of just the cloud itself for this, and ignore the density of the air as there is no way of safely calculating it?

Are you saying we take the density of just the cloud itself for this, and ignore the density of the air as there is no way of safely calculating it?
Honestly that might not be a bad way to lowball the feat rn, just calc the density from the water contribution of a storm cloud and leave the air density unknown for the time being.

Can't we just use the air density from a part of the planet that the feat is below?

My other thought would be like water density + lowest air density irl humans can survive at 🤷‍♂️ but ik the OP planet atmosphere is wacky so idk

Would it be better than not calcing it at all?
Damage, let's not use "calc barely any part of the feat or not calc it at all" as the ultimatum
That's like saying since you can't find a specific shape of an object for a KE calc you use it with the volume of a damn molecule of air as a "lowball"

What's the issue with my suggestion?

Damage, let's not use "calc barely any part of the feat or not calc it at all" as the ultimatum
That's like saying since you can't find a specific shape of an object for a KE calc you use it with the volume of a damn molecule of air as a "lowball"

What's the issue with my suggestion?
I'm just saying that Arc7's suggestion may work as a lowball. I don't think it's a perfect method of course.

I know I shouldn't comment here, but using just the water is too much of a downplay and is almost deleting the feat in itself.

Counting that One Piece's atmosphere clearly does not work linearly like ours, can't we simply take the lowest air density humans can survive and end it? It would prevent uneccessary assumptions and headaches.

I know I shouldn't comment here, but using just the water is too much of a downplay and is almost deleting the feat in itself.

Counting that One Piece's atmosphere clearly does not work linearly like ours, can't we simply take the lowest air density humans can survive and end it? It would prevent uneccessary assumptions and headaches.
high end then

Hold up - I know I just accepted the calcs but I think something might be a bit off in an earlier stage of the calc irrespective of whichever end is used. I need to take a closer look tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm gonna have to make a proper response to this tomorrow.

Last edited:
Okay, I've had some time to get my thoughts together.

I confess I didn't pay too much attention to the actual specifics of the calc beforehand aside from the air density and various options for that, but I've looked back further up and I do not think that the calc's method of using Inverse-Square Law is reliable here.

The way the calc has it currently set up is that the actual figure to move the clouds is just 0.75% of the surface area of a shockwave produced by the clashing Conqueror's Haki users.

(226442722 / 3.01060583e10) * 100 = 0.75215001493

This doesn't make a lot of sense though.

Now, why does the crack stretch that far when it only "hit" the center? Energy can move in methods akin to that, like when long cracks happen from one focused attack, and we see the lightning didn't stretch all the way to the screen

So it mainly hit the center and spread from there

The mass of clouds is not like a pane of glass which can fracture and produce long "cracks". If a hemispherical shockwave struck a singular point in the base of the clouds, it would not cause a vertical split which results in the clouds moving horizontally away from each other.

But more importantly however, for this method to work the shockwave produced by Kaido and Luffy would have to come to a dead stop after travelling 69220.86 meters, otherwise the shockwave would have continued and lifted the rest of the clouds vertically. The calc has it so that the moment that 226442722 m^2 of the shockwave hits the clouds (in other words, just 0.75% of it), that the shockwave ends, despite the fact that area was carrying hundreds of Teratons of force in it.

I do not think this is how we typically calc cloud dispersal feats anyway; we just calc the movement of the clouds itself. I haven't seen any evidence to support that Kaido and Luffy produced an omnidirectional hemispherical shockwave that is equally strong across its entire surface area.

There are also scenes in the manga which contradict the Conqueror's cloud split being the product of an omnidirectional shockwave. When Big Mom and Kaido clashed for example, both of them were inside Onigashima at the time and yet we don't see their surroundings or the people nearby being blown apart by a massive shockwave which would have to go through the Skull Dome in order to reach the clouds.

I have to vote against this method.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree with damage on the using a semi-omnidirectional hemisphere for the attack with ISL probably being bad. The clouds split like a sword is cutting them in half not like a giant ball is impacting and dispersing it in every direction.

ISL might still be salvageable using a different shape for the area of the attack but I am not knowledgeable on our ISL standards with shockwaves. All the ISL page mentions is using it for explosions, gravity, and coulombs, but it says that’s not the extensive list. Implying we can use ISL for other stuff but never giving a cut off of what we can’t use it for. 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back