• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Ten Thriller Bark

Lol hey now mister, put that tent away right now!

But jokes aside, don't get too excited, I might be thinking of something else, so I might be completely wrong. If you want to know, the supposed 'feat' involves the main moon of the one piece earth, that's why I say it could be a tier 5 feat or I might be wrong.

The scaling is up to us. We will have the discussion eventually. We probably should settle the current discussions before getting into another one that might put us in several other weeks.

Alright I just finished watching the movie and I will say this, the suppossed tier 5 moon feat is....very very very vague...

I'll have vacations soon so I could give it a try and see what can I find from it. It's still interesting nonetheless.

I can't wait to see these new profiles, got to watch up on these One Piece movies to see if anything is missing from the movie Characters since if Gild Tesoro and Zephyr (two of my favorite OP movie villains) are any indication, we can find interesting abilities for them.

Now the basis behind the feat is this:

The movie revolves around a blade known as the Seven Star Sword that was made by the Gods of the Seven Stars of Aska for the people of the island of Aska. This sword was suppossed to be used to protect the people of this kingdom, but the three prince's of the kingdom fell in love with a priestess. So as to show their love for the priestess, they brought forth the Seven Star Sword, and fought for it. The cruel battle between these brothers spread throughout the kingdom, the land and sea were stained with the blood and suffering of the victims of this terrible war. Eventually the SSS absorbed the blood and hatred of the victims, and became a weapon of massacre and destruction, it became a cursed sword. In a final effort to save the people, the priestess took all of the hatred from the Seven-Star Sword into herself, and sacrificed herself. Upon learning of the death of their beloved priestess, the princes vowed to atone for their sins. The Gods granted them three jewel orbs which sealed the powers of the cursed sword.

Now you might be asking how this relates with the tier 5 feat, well the answer is simple but not completely concrete. If the Seven-Star Sword were to be wielded during a red moon, "the world will be forever ruled by darkness" as described by Robin when she told some of the straw hats about the legend. Now at first this might be interpreted as simply meaning that death and carnage will be brought to the world for eternity, right? Well later on in the last third of the movie it is heavily implied that the moons orbit would be stopped and the moon would actually stand still and shower over the ocean in eternal darkness, and this would be caused by the sword itself. Near the end of the movie we actually get to somewhat see this happen for a few minutes before one of the straw hats defeats the current wielder of the sword while this was happening, preventing the world from being covered in darkness.

Now at first this just seems like a feat for the sword and not for Saga (the villain) who just simply utilizes the sword, right? Weeeellll….Saga near the end of the movie becomes possessed completely by Sword and the energies of the sword actually flow through his body, so technically he would scale to this vague feat but only when possessed by the blade. And when Saga supposedly stopped the moon with the power of the sword, pieces of the environment start to slowly fly up into the air towards the direction of the moon and, at least for me, it seemed like the moon ever so slightly was getting closer, although it might have been a trick of the eye.

Of course you guys would have to verify it and check to see if this is legit, but this is what I gathered from watching the movie.

That's pretty interesting. Well, I guess it worths giving it a try, at least to have something different in the wiki.

Another piece of supporting evidence to this: It was midnight I believe when Saga stopped the moon for a few minutes and it actually stays still in the same spot, but when he's defeated, the moon loses it's red color and starts moving again quickly.

KobsterHope07 said:
No prob, though, we have to put that feat of Saga in a blog and get it evaluated by a calc group member
Definitely, Im not gonna get involved with the feat since I don't know how to calc things, but from what I have searched up, stopping the moons orbit is actually in the higher ends of High 6-A, so it might not sadly be a Tier 5 feat. Although someone Should calc it to see if that's true or not, and if the feat is actually legit and useable.

I will say that Saga is slightly haxy compared to some of the notable character's in One Piece!

Calaca Vs said:
I'm looking forward to it. It's good to have something else besides the usual discussions sometimes.
Hehe thanks Calaca, once we get Saga into the wiki, I hope to see some matches that use him and see if we can get him a win!

And even if the feat is invalid, there might be two other somewhat notable feats that might put him above the characters that he scales too (if you want to know, Saga base form would scale to Alabasta Luffy since the movie takes place after the Alabasta arc, although I don't know if the luffy that's used in the movie is Skypia Luffy).

https: //www.*************/ watch/ one-piece-the-curse-of-the-sacred-sword/ episode/ movie (I put spaces in the link since I heard that it's against the rules to put links that go to these types of sites, although I might be wrong, so just simply remove the spaces) SPOILERS:The two feats Im talking about occur from 1:23:52 to 1:23:59 and from 1:25:10 to 1:25:16 so if anyone wants to try and calc those, good luck hehe (Also guys if you see the two feats, what type of ability would this count as? I was thinking shockwave manipulation or air manipulation, but I don't know)

Probably Arabasta Luffy. If Skypiea happened after the movie then Saga would scale to 8-A (if the feats ain't notable enough to scale him to them).

Thank you for the link. I'll take a look soon.

Looking at the OP wiki Sacred Sword came out March 2004 Skypiea was 2002-2003 in the manga and 2003-2004 in the anime (haven't found exact dates yet)

Calaca Vs said:
Probably Arabasta Luffy. If Skypiea happened after the movie then Saga would scale to 8-A (if the feats ain't notable enough to scale him to them).

Thank you for the link. I'll take a look soon.
Welcome Cala, the reason I bring up Skypiea Luffy is because this movie first aired three months before the end of the Skypiea arc and some of the movies that Toei makes tend to use the current of version of the characters that are being aired during the time of the movie, even if it contradicts the story arc that the character is currently in at the time. I personally dont think that would be enough info to assume that skypiea arc Luffy is the one used in the movie, but Ill let you guys decide).

Phoenix821 said:
Looking at the dates on Wikipedia The Movie came out 2 days after the Skypiea arc ended.

Or at least in the manga.
Knowing how anime movies tend to work, it most likely follows the anime instead of the manga.

Hmm so I guess some more evidence to somewhat support this is that movie 4, the film before this one, takes place right after the Alabasta arc since in that film Robin is in the crew and it's revealed near the end that Luffy's supposed 30 million berry bountie is actually 100 million and the villain was unaware of this since the increase to Luffy's bounty was very recent and he didn't have access to his updated bounty. I personally doubt they would use the same arc Luffy since every film before this one took place in a different arc (with the first movie taking place before Luffy, Zoro, and Nami arrived at Usopps island, the second movie taking place after Arlong Park since Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, and Sanji are in the film, and the third movie takes place right after Chopper joined the crew but before they arrive at Alabasta). So I guess it is possible for this film to take place during or after the Skypiea arc, as weird and as contradictory as that sounds, but it wouldn't be the first time.

I mean we have Film Gold taking place after Dressrosa but the whole crew is together and Stampede is after Whole Cake Island despite Half the crew should be in Wano

So yeah nothing new for the OP film series.

The only reason why Strong World isn't canon it's because it has one inconsistency (Zoro's state) and that it was never referenced in the manga.

Iirc there's also Brook saying in Sabaody this is his first fight as a Straw Hat despite this taking place before that.

Honestly if it weren't for minor inconsistencies Strong World could fit in the canon timeline kinda like 3D2Y

Edit: to clarify they still aren't canon cause not in the manga but if Oda ever decided to make them canon he can do it with little issue.

Really?! Dang it Toei, you had one job lol

But jokes aside, I would have really liked for 3D2Y to be canon as just like you said, it fits perfectly in the timeline and wouldn't have any contradictions (that Im aware of).

Vs wise if 3D2Y was canon Luffy would gain Reactive Power Level based on World saying he gets stronger while fighting. And some neat feats like him one shoting an Island with one cannon ball and Mihawk casually cutting a giant cannon ball in half.

Edit: and story wise it also explains how Luffy developed Red Hawk in a wholesome and epic final blow

Back