• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Potential Return of Blox Fruits and how its deletion may affect verses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurrySenpai

She/Her
FC/OC VS Battles
Content Moderator
Hi, recently I re-uploaded The Player from Blox Fruits page when it was removed by Antvasima about a day afterward. While I kind of suspected this would happen, the reasoning for why Blox Fruits was removed has irked me since it originally happened. I'd like potentially provide arguments that would hopefully prove it has a place on the wiki. This may also be me laying the groundwork for a potential Staff Discussion Thread on Roblox Game's in general.

On the surface, Blox Fruits does in fact look like a simple "Fan-Game" or plagiarized clone of One Piece, but this could only be further from the truth and I in-fact think deleting it may set a precedent that would have to be addressed moving forward.

Let's start with similarities: Blox Fruits is a game largely revolving around players traversing the sea in order to become stronger in one of two factions of Pirates or the Marines. As they progress, they can find powerful "Blox Fruits" which grant them powers. This is very blatant to what is possible and done in the One Piece series but where this game shines is its areas and story which can be found in its "Three Seas"

As the game progresses, you eventually reach a level where you must enter the Second or Third Sea in order to get higher level quests and progress the story. The story does not revolve around anything involving One Piece, inside, following The Player attempting to solve a jailbreak before eventually being recruited to stop the Criminal Underworld Mastermind Swan from regaining his power and influence. The Second Sea largely follows this story line with the Third Sea revolving around the legend of "rip_indra" a powerful god-like character who shaped the Blox Fruits world as we know it.

Beyond this, Blox Fruits has been drawing away from it's One Piece roots, going as far as to change the names of its fruits to further be original while reworking them to have original powers and even visuals. Examples of this are the Door Fruit now being the Portal Fruit, the String Fruit now being the Spider Fruit, The Op Op Fruit now being the Control Fruit, and even original fruits like the Mammoth, Kitsune, and T-Rex fruits (Link to look at the fruits on their own wiki). They also feature originally weapons that while goofily given slightly different names still feature unique and new move sets.

Now these are some similarities but also ways Blox Fruits differentiates from the series it takes inspiration from, Blox Fruits. I am not denying it takes inspiration, that would be a fools' errand as it is somewhat easy to see when you join the game for the first time. But I believe there is enough original content and slight differences from One Piece to truly show it has a place on the wiki.

Now, on how this sets a precedent for other verses moving forward, there have been many verses and characters who are straight up bootlegs or clones of already existing content. A few that come to mind are "The Amazing Bulk" and Metal Man. These are verses and characters which blatantly plagiarize existing marvel content, but they have remained and have been somewhat important staples of VSBW culture. If you're going to get rid of verses such as Blox Fruits then these and other profiles should go as well given they follow the same format, thus creating a precedent for "bootleg" or "similar" content.

Even then, I don't think Blox Fruits is plagiarizing or is a fan-game of One Piece. As I mentioned above, they have taken measures to differentiate themselves from the series and also have 0 mentions of being a One Piece fan game or even a game inspired by One Piece. There is a lot of effort and money put into this game from the beautiful animations and models it's devs make or even the somewhat hidden story and lore put into it. And on the being a fan-game part it's not a fan-game in the sense it's meant to be One Piece with ocs, it's a fan-game that's just a game made by fans of One Piece, trying to be its own original thing.

A lighter thing to mention is that One Piece and other Anime IP games have been copyrighted and taken down by Toei/Jump themselves, Blox Fruits has avoided such scrutiny. They also have an official merch store, and said merch is sold at offical retailers like Walmart

All in all though, this is why I believe Blox Fruits has a place on the wiki, but that's not to say all Roblox verses are like this, and in general I think Roblox may need some extra rules or more moderation due to the nature of games on the platform. Blox Fruits and even Sword Blox Online could serve as a good example of similar games that draw inspiration from pre-existing series to make new experiences for Roblox users who otherwise may not get it. But an example of Roblox games that shouldn't be allowed would be Jujutsu Infinte a game that clearly is a fan-game of Jujutsu Kaisen, having no original content and not even going as far as to change the names of "Cursed Techniques"

Also, a lot of effort were put into the Blox Fruits pages, both from calc group members and passionate Roblox fans alike. Roblox has been somewhat dwindling on the VSWiki and verse take-downs like this really kill our motivation when this is one of the few safe and consistent places we can post and discuss Roblox powerscaling.

All in all I hope you read this, and if you do please consider my arguments, and thank you.

Last edited:
following as a roblox enjoyer. not really knowledgeable on blox fruits (i played it once and didnt care for it) but you present interesting arguments

following as a roblox enjoyer. not really knowledgeable on blox fruits (i played it once and didnt care for it) but you present interesting arguments
I feel like the big things are they haven’t been copyright struck and they also have a merch store. If this was just a one piece clone they would have been sniped a whiiiltr back.

Huh. If I recall correctly, Piggy is kind of the same situation here.
What's the issue with Piggy? This is a CRT to get Blox Fruits back but I know this will probably lead into more roblox revisions down the line. IIRC Piggy is being taken down for being a "clone" of granny?

Peppa pig, im sure granny aint even licinsed
I can't give too much insight on Piggy, but iirc it looks a lot like Peppa Pig but still tries to be original. Piggy also has a crazy following and multiple official sequels that are a lot more original, but I'll leave that to a more roblox centered thread.

It works for me as long as only information from Blox fruits is used for scaling, and completely ignore information from both Roblox and One Piece as the rules state. If this is followed it is very reasonable to allow Blox Fruits to be scaled here. I agree

It works for me as long as only information from Blox fruits is used for scaling, and completely ignore information from both Roblox and One Piece as the rules state. If this is followed it is very reasonable to allow Blox Fruits to be scaled here. I agree
Yeah, if you check the sandbox I made it only links to calcs made for blox fruits and stuff that's solely for blox fruits

I can't give too much insight on Piggy, but iirc it looks a lot like Peppa Pig but still tries to be original. Piggy also has a crazy following and multiple official sequels that are a lot more original, but I'll leave that to a more roblox centered thread.
minitoon has legal rights to piggy. like you can find retail merch of it

Do the match when the profile gets updated a bit more, we still got add soul stuff and fix some names of fruits.

Also Race attrributes need to be added

Blox Fruits' own website describes the game as a One Piece inspired piece, going so far as to describe it as "Play One Piece in Roblox". I would not agree with reinstating openly stated fanfiction, even in spite of the steps it takes to make semi-original content.
I hope I don't sound rude but uh... This is not an official website by the devs Gamer Robot. This is a fanmade/run website which features guides and information made by fans to help players learn how the game works.\

Even the YouTube channel and TikTok linked on the website is to a channel that isn't the official one Gamer Robot one.

I REALLY don't want to be rude, but I genuinely hope you tried to verify this a bit more, as there are tell-tale signs of this being fake. The AI Art, the One Piece mobile game unit images. Gamer Robot makes so much money has stated their disdain for AI Content that they wouldn't need to use any of this.

I don't know why you'd consider AI art and a One Piece game being advertised on a One Piece fangame site unusual, whether you intend your rudeness or not. Regardless, I will take it at face value that this site, bloxfruits.com, is not official and that this well-respected developer is just very unfortunate to not get the proper domain name, as I also, really, certainly, don't want to be rude.

When googling this game, I see a lot of mentions of ranking the devil fruits from One Piece that are in the game (every video seems to be in this vein), so I suppose I'll look into it further. May call on One Piece bros to verify fundamental differences. To avoid rudeness, you understand.

Not to be rude.

Of course.

I don't know why you'd consider AI art and a One Piece game being advertised on a One Piece fangame site unusual, whether you intend your rudeness or not. Regardless, I will take it at face value that this site, bloxfruits.com, is not official and that this well-respected developer is just very unfortunate to not get the proper domain name, as I also, really, certainly, don't want to be rude.

When googling this game, I see a lot of mentions of ranking the devil fruits from One Piece that are in the game (every video seems to be in this vein), so I suppose I'll look into it further. May call on One Piece bros to verify fundamental differences. To avoid rudeness, you understand.

Not to be rude.

Of course.
I can't tell if you're being ironic or joking, but I don't want to be hurtful towards you at all, and I apologize if I came off as pretentious. If you are being joking then if you could clarify that'd be great as I have a hard time discerning tone commonly.

Regardless, yeah, this seems to just be a case of some grifter trying to yoink kids attention and what not, and on the topic of the ranking videos that's just largely the type of community this game has. People make goofy TikTok "Powerscaling" content, comparing the fruits abilities or weapons abilities to each other. The funny thing is it isn't real powerscale they're just discussing which is more practical in gameplay.

The problem would be copyright, right? Having OP things even though they don't have authorization, etc.

But nowadays I think Blox Fruits is far from that.

The guys drastically changed the design of the fruits and weapons. The only similar weapons it has is like the Bisento, but it's a type of weapon, so I doubt it's under copyright for something, like a claymore.

And the name "Pirate", "Navy" and navy positions I think are also not under copyright.

Even the names of the islands are different.

As for the Bosses, I don't know if it has changed, on the wiki they are still blatantly characters from the anime, like Enel, Buggy and Doflamingo. These may break copyright.

As for the rest, I think that being ridiculously similar or even copying would not disqualify the verse. Like, Palmworld doesn't have profiles on the wiki yet, but I doubt it would be disqualified because it has animals that look like pokemons and has the pal sphere which is a clear copy of the pokeball.

As for the Bosses, I don't know if it has changed, on the wiki they are still blatantly characters from the anime, like Enel, Buggy and Doflamingo. These may break copyright.
If I remember, their equivalents are called "Thunder God" Bobby and Swan.

But it was mentioned in their upcoming updates video that the First and Second Sea would be ENTIRELY reworked, not only including revamped areas, but just a general makeover which I assume that means bosses like those would disappear or receive updated names/designs.

But they still have extremely similar designs to practically the same, but I don't know how the wiki separates the thing from being a copy to a parody, I don't know what the limit is.

But otherwise, I can't find anything else.

There are similar things and concepts, but I think nothing that breaks copyright.

Pirate and Navy not so in copyright. A fruit that gives you the power of light, I don't think so either, since it currently doesn't even have a similar appearance or a similar name, it's totally different, and I doubt that OP has the copyright to the powers of light.

Weapons were also remodeled and even those that remain similar like the Bisento, I also doubt that it would be copyrighted, because it would be like putting copyright on a two-handed sword, katanas and firearms like a pistol.

Agree with this and since you brought up the possibility of Sword Burst Online (Which has been renamed to just Swordburst now) returning I might as well say it: the reasons for its deletion was kind of bullcrap. Apart from a few enemies in the first level and its original name, the game has zero connections to SAO, even down to the fact that it is, in universe, a harmless computer game instead of a VR game that frys your brain if you die. The developers have taken the effort to remove or replace anything that may cause copyright issues including changing its name, the designs of armors that are similar to some of Kirito's outfits, and the appearance/name of Rahjin the Thief King, though still keeping the resemblance to the first boss of SAO probably as a homage (Both you and Bambu are SAO supporters so you can judge it for yourself).

Last edited:
I’d also like to add, that merch I metioned. You can purchase it at a retail sword like WALMART. Of all places, if I had the time (I don’t rn) I could probably go out to my own Walmart and grab a Blox Fruits plushie myself.

Agree with this and since you brought up the possibility of Sword Burst Online (Which has been renamed to just Swordburst now) returning I might as well say it: the reasons for its deletion was kind of bullcrap.
I agree, I would not be surprised if Shmooply was arguing out of spite cause Blox Fruits had a higher rating than One Piece and Sword Burst just caught strays because it helped his argument.

Barring that, I always thought Swordburst’s deletion was a bit dumb because as time progressed I realized that if you spend a couple minutes in the game yourself the similarities fade quickly and a lot has changed.
Also there’s like 3 Swordbursts now lol although I don’t know how official each one is, all these ROBLOX games which fans have said are just “fangames” and what not have always been treated as their own thing. A big concern I’ve seen people bring up is using scaling from the anime’s they were inspired from but most verses, especially Blox Fruits have strong calcs behind them (All of the blox fruits ones were made by me)

Last edited:
I agree, I would not be surprised if Shmooply was arguing out of spite cause Blox Fruits had a higher rating than One Piece and Sword Burst just caught strays because it helped his argument.

Barring that, I always thought Swordburst’s deletion was a bit dumb because as time progressed I realized that if you spend a couple minutes in the game yourself the similarities fade quickly and a lot has changed.
Also there’s like 3 Swordbursts now lol although I don’t know how official each one is, all these ROBLOX games which fans have said are just “fangames” and what not have always been treated as their own thing. A big concern I’ve seen people bring up is using scaling from the anime’s they were inspired from but both verses, especially Blox Fruits have strong calcs behind them (All of the blox fruits ones were made by me)
SB originally had no calculations and tier 9-A was entirely guess work anyway so it's probably better that we just remake the verse from the ground up (The games can't really be scaled to each other due to how different each of them are, maybe different profiles for each version).

"Thunder God" Literally looks exactly like Enel in roblox form.

Mammoth, T-rex and Kitsune fruits aren't original fruits, they are based on fruits used by Jack, X-drake and Catrina Devon respectively.

If y'all let this verse exist then let me make Scoob and Shag here.

Mammoth, T-rex and Kitsune fruits aren't original fruits, they are based on fruits used by Jack, X-drake and Catrina Devon respectively.

If y'all let this verse exist then let me make Scoob and Shag here.

But it was mentioned in their upcoming updates video that the First and Second Sea would be ENTIRELY reworked, not only including revamped areas, but just a general makeover which I assume that means bosses like those would disappear or receive updated names/designs.

I mentioned that, the bosses are still the same as the ones in OP.

So I would probably have to wait for the reformulation.

In this case, the names and appearances of the fruits are different and I doubt that OP has the copyright to the kitsune and T-rex animals, unless it is shown that the appearance of the transformations is a copy and paste from OP.

Things I've learned:

• The game was previously titled "Blox Piece" until a few years ago, with an appropriately named official Twitter active before switching out of supposed copyright concerns (which makes sense). This appears to be up to Update 9, coinciding with the official YouTube channel having scrubbed content up to Update 11.
  • I've found mentions of scrubbing One Piece related names from things in game, again presumably coinciding with a desire to not be sued out of existence.
  • This includes renaming and possibly redesigning things that are directly pulled from One Piece. With my limited knowledge I can see some, such as the NPC named "The Strongest God" who bears a striking resemblance to Usopp (and lives on an island ostensibly previously called Usoapp's Island).
The verse is absolutely riddled with the remnants of stuff ripped directly from One Piece. That much can be discerned even by myself, and I've never read or watched One Piece.

In spite of the OP, here is the story as far as I can tell: the game began as a One Piece fan-game of relatively low acclaim. This continued on until it saw a very large spike in popularity, which goes along with a sudden burst in revenue. The developer of the game realizes that this sensationalism means there is a very real chance of being sued by the creators of One Piece for making a for-profit fangame, and begins the arduous process of scrubbing One Piece out of the game. The title of the game is changed from a direct One Piece knock-off to something that is merely and most of all legally only a reference to One Piece. Not all traces are removed- you'll have to forgive the annoying YouTuber voice, but this guy provides a seemingly exhaustive list of all the fruits in the game that are derived from One Piece directly, and rates them on how faithful they are to their anime counterparts. This is a video that released two days ago. He also talks about a handful of other references (an early one is the boss Jeremy, who is based on Bellamy from One Piece with a slightly altered name- the design is extremely similar, etc). Some of these can be handwaved as coincidental, but given how many of them share strong similarities to their anime counterparts, the argument begins to fall flat.

I don't know what our policy ought to be for a verse that is originally a fan game and then scrubs itself of all recognizable references to the original. Dungeons and Dragons could be argued to be this (I always use this as a reference point if I can get away with it, don't I) in that many of its first creatures were ripped straight from the works of J.R.R. Tolkien, and then later scrubbed away after a lawsuit. The difference here would be a distinct lack of full-on cleansing. Most of the content that was strongly in reference to One Piece is still present in the game, with some renaming and maybe retexturing done.

One does not contest the notion that Blox Fruits has attempted to add to its roots with an original story- one instead considers this irrelevant due to the sheer mass of ripped content that still exists within the game. I am sorry if it remaining on FC/OC kills all motivation for Roblox players to work on it, although I presume there are other Roblox profiles that are more acceptable other than Blox Fruits.

To address a related matter: you have passionately, and personally, made it your crusade to push all Roblox games to be on the wiki, going so far as to paint Shmooply as a fraud for suggesting the original deletion of Blox Fruits. I would not agree with this assessment. The idea was also supported by EmbalmerMaster (formerly known as Zanybrainy) who is the main resource the wiki had concerning Roblox for years. The dude is flippant but he knows his stuff and acknowledged that Roblox is overrun with games directly ripped from One Piece designs, power systems, etc. He didn't address this one but I fail to see what makes this one above the others aside from a relatively original story with these set pieces, something that was acknowledged in the original deletion.

I don't think any current staff are big supporters of Roblox, but I know at least a few are big on One Piece and can probably verify things if absolutely necessary, but I really don't think it is. The players of the game consider it a One Piece game, the developer certainly did at one point in the not-so-distant past, enough to begin sanitization.

I would vote against this verse making a comeback to VSBW. It is not clean enough from its origins.

I agree with Bambu's evaluation above. Thank you very much for helping out. 🙏🙂

Honestly, I'm inclined to agree with Bambu as well. Blox Fruits is clearly trying to become its own thing and it can probably come back to the wiki once all of the traces of it being a One Piece fangame is erased.

Provided that ever happens, yeah, I'd agree. If it becomes suitably distinct from its lineage, I may agree with it returning. But as it stands, it took me minutes to find strong connections to One Piece, connections that only compounded as I looked on. This all is apparent without ever opening the game and seeing it for myself- I imagine someone avidly dedicated to digging into it could compile a massive text of comparisons.

For those apparently extremely passionate about porting major Roblox titles to VS, I hope the developer takes those steps to sate you. Until then.

Blox Fruits falls into a category of Roblox game that tries to very very blatantly make a pretty penny off of copyrighted shit, similar to games like All-Star Tower Defense (whole slew of anime media) or The Strongest Battlegrounds (one punch man. No, it doesn't have Boros in it. Sorry, ziller.). The group that made Blox Fruits, Gamer Robot Inc., has a previous group called Gamer Robot, which created Elemental Battlegrounds. We already have Elemental Battlegrounds pages on this wiki.

Elemental Battlegrounds clearly isn't making as much money as something like Blox Fruits. Blox Fruits, I believe, is blatantly designed to be recognizable as One Piece while (narrowly) avoiding copyright law. Elemental Battleground's "plagiarism" is, at worst, a reference; time element's time stop is called "The World", a reference I'm sure you all know what to, but creates a bigass grandfather clock that lands on the ground. Barring this, everything else is an entirely original concept, Elemental Battlegrounds is a slew is original ideas & designs that proves that Gamer Robot can, in-fact, make its own IP. On the contrary, there's many cases of Blox Fruits very blatantly stealing designs. Look at items such as Dark Dagger (totally not Mihawk's knife) or totally-not-Kabuto [side note, Mihawk's sword is in the game but it got redesigned, it looked like this prior to an update].
If you want a better comparison of "roblox game inspired by One Piece but not blatantly ripping off of it", Arcane Universe already fits that bill; it's a seafaring RPG game with its own version of devil fruits. There's a few reference-y things (look at iron leg and cannon fist), but they never veer onto full-on copyright like how Blox Fruits does. It doesn't make as money as Blox Fruits because, y'know, it isn't Blox Fruits.

TL;dr - Too much intentionally coincidentally copyrighted material, group is very clearly copying shit to line their pockets with that 5,000,000,000 Robux bounty
The group that made Blox Fruits has made Elemental Battlegrounds - a game that is filled to the brim with original element designs. If they wanted to create their own characters, items, & world, they would've, but they didn't.

In the meantime, CSaP would probably be fine with Blox Fruits profiles. You can probably upload it to that site instead. There was this other game that I really wanted to make VSbattles pages on, but the fact that it takes a little too much inspiration from the Roblox gear catalog (down to the item lore and concepts like the Periastrons) makes that unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back