• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Ten Thriller Bark

So that's why i sometimes hear people say Nami and Robin have been useless in the New World era (i don't really think so myself)

If we are more strict, the only real fight she has as a Strawhat is her battle against Yama. It's really disappointing, but it's a good scene to show what Robin cares most.

I wouldn't measure the usefulness based on screen-time or battles. Since I read One Piece more from a narrative perspective, Robin is the most useful member in the crew. Why? Roger couldn't fulfill the goal he had with the One Piece and the secret story in the Void Century because he hadn't a crewmember with professional weight to support his words (he could 'hear' the Poneglyphs, but nobody would believe such a thing from a pirate). Luffy, on the other hand, has Robin with him. She's the 'fallacy from authority' in One Piece.

Nami's also very useful, and some may argue that even more than Robin. The latter's objective is in the final of the trip, but if you can't get to that final point then Robin is useless. There's where Nami shines. Without her, the members would have sunk years ago in the first sea storms.

@Js250476 Yeah, that's one of the reasons. But Nami's gotten a lot of props for her performance in WCI.

@Calaca In terms of solo fights as a Straw Hat, I personally count both her vs. Yama and her vs. Moriah as serious battles. In regards to the Void Century and Poneglyphs, I've seen people even say she's useless there as well. According to them, since Luffy has the VOAT ability now she's not needed to find One Piece, but that's false. The ones who think that keep overlooking one thing. The VOAT alone didn't help Roger get to Raftel, among his crew Roger basically had his own "Robin" in the form of Oden, who could naturally read and write the ancient text.

Tbf, I think both Robin and Nami are two of the more effective members of the crew. Yeah it could be argued that Nami's more useful, but it could just as easily be argued that Robin is. Also, Nami can't get to Raftel without Robin there to decipher the poneglyphs. Sure, they could try and rely on Luffy's VOAT ability, then again Luffy couldn't even decipher Franky telling him Den was the brother of his shipwright master recoating the Sunny for them.

@Js250476 I agree

>Luffy couldn't even decipher Franky telling him Den was the brother of his shipwright master recoating the Sunny for them.

Hilariously accurate.

Ichigo and Naruto just look like themselves with shorter hair.

Speaking of EOS i wonder how the OP world will be like after the World Goverment is taken down. Will pirates be the domniate force of the world? Or will the geunine good Marines start over and create a new justice the goverment will strive torwards?

Regardless or whether it is secretly ruled by a tyrannical king, the World Government seems like a great idea in concept.

So I'd dislike it if the World Government was destroyed instead of being reformed.

Saddest chapter in a while.

Kaido such a good guy he made the whole town smile permanently

Gotta admit, I think this chapter was a miss for me. I didn't really have an emotional connection to this guy, or the town of smiling people. I feel sorry mostly for O-Toko and that's it.

For a few comments I hope when Crocodile reappears in canon he'll have a design like this he looks like a boss

Lucci looks classy and cool

And Hancock is a gorgeous as always (might be my favorite outfit of hers.)

Can't wait them to reveal that Crocodile spent his 2 years training by getting imprisoned again, so he's now High Yonkou level+

Croc boi so badass he intentionally gets thrown in again for a quick zenkai boost only to break out later

Nah. His personality was more so just a broken person trying to get back to the top and get revenge at anyone who has and will stand in his way- which he was doing pretty well until Law and Luffy. I don't see SMILEs having anything to do with him being a psychopath.

Back