• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Ten Thriller Bark

Damage3245 said:
Regarding the direction of the story, I feel like one of the acts of the Wano Arc is going to be a huge flashback to 20 years ago. We've been introduced to so many locals now, that I think Oda is setting up us seeing them all 20 years ago when Wano was free and we'll get to see a bit of Kaido conquering the country.
We might even get to see some Oden in his prime and encountering the Roger Pirates.
This! I want this! Also a few flashbacks or mini arc of ROCKS, Kaido's origin's, and where he got his scar.

Personally I want Rocks to be elaborated in the manga but I think a movie about Garp, Sengoku and Tsuru's past could be really cool.

Honestly even if the main story line gets finished, Oda can spend the rest of his life writing spin offs, One Piece world is too fascinating to just be seen by Luffy and Co's perspective.

Void century, Celestial Dragon and D clan, Dragon's past, Rocks, Shank's connection with the five elders, ancient weapons, continent puller, Zunisha's sin, aliens on moon, Mihawk's backstory, info on marines before Garp, like Kong etc..........There are too many damn questions even after 20 years of One Piece lol.

Damage3245 said:
-BANLK- said:
Iirc It's from whitebeard.
Nah, Whitebeard isn't stated to have done that to him.
Going by the shape of the scar being so similar to Luffy's, I'd say there is a good chance that Akainu is responsible.
The Marines have tired and failed many times to hurt Kaido. Neither they nor the Yonko are capable of leaving a scar on Kaido. That's what makes it so interesting.

-BANLK- said:
Void century, Celestial Dragon and D clan, Dragon's past, Rocks, Shank's connection with the five elders, ancient weapons, continent puller, Zunisha's sin, aliens on moon, Mihawk's backstory, info on marines before Garp, like Kong etc..........There are too many damn questions even after 20 years of One Piece lol.
When you lay it all out like that Oda has a time crunch ahead of him. :-( May end up letting someone make a spin-off to iron out some gaps like Kubo did after Bleach.

Dr.Fix said:
The Marines have tired and failed many times to hurt Kaido. Neither they nor the Yonko are capable of leaving a scar on Kaido. That's what makes it so interesting.
We have no details on how Kaido's past encounters went; all we know is that he couldn't be executed.

Obviously standard things like spears and nooses leave no damage on him; but his massive scar on his side does look like the kind of injury that Akainu would inflict. It's very similar to Luffy's scar.

>>We have no details on how kaido's past encounters went; all we know is that he couldn't be executed.

That's sort of enough isn't it. He couldn't even be damaged, let alone killed. I have a hard time beleiving they took so many attempts and ridding the world of the beast yet never used even an Admiral.

Till this time next month, lol.

Anyway, I'm hoping we will finally get some new feats in the coming chapters. One Piece has been very sparse on impressive feats for a while.

Well Golden Week has passed so there should be a new chapter this week.

Were currently in that middel setup of the arc so not a lot of feats normally happen but im sure they will soon enough.

Yeah, but the only fight to have notable feats so far is Kaido stomping Luffy.

Even Kaido's Boro Breath has only had Town level showings. We need to see him lift a mountain or flatten a city, or something.

true enough my predections ether Kaido nukes a good chuck of Wano or creates a massieve storm if that's a confirmed power of his.

I wants for some new abilities and powers to be added to the cast, I mean out of the Monster Trio, Luffy and Sanji has Durability Negation, when is Zoro gonna learn such a technique.

Hey, I want to ask you guys a couple of questions. How do you personally measure a character's usefulness? How would you rank the SHs according to how useful they are arc from arc after the timeskip?

The reason I'm asking is because the number of comments I've seen about "Robin being useless after the timeskip" and "doesn't pull her own weight within the crew" at places like Reddit and OJ is truly mind-boggling to me. Robin may not get the panel-time/screen-time that Nami does after the timeskip, but she still manages to do plenty in each arc she's in. Yet apparently that isn't enough for the people that think that.

Robin is useless in terms of fights. Oda hasn't given her a proper fight since Fishman Island it feels.

If you consider Robin vs. Hammond a proper fight as quick as that was, then Robin vs. Hakuba was one as well considering how similarly they happened. Both try to attack Robin, but she counters and easily subdues them.

Furthermore, Robin helped defeat the green dragon in Punk Hazard, and she also saved Nami and Chopper from Monster Form Monet by shattering her body (as temporary as that was). While Robin hasn't gotten a solo fight with any real length since the timeskip, she's far from useless in terms of fights.

Sure, you can consider that a fight, but is a fight lasting only a couple of panels really satisfying enough to say that Robin had a proper fight?

Back