• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Ten Thriller Bark

Oh lord the Sugar comment reminded me of a uncomfortable OP question. "Is Sugar legal?"

Yeah that's the weird part technically it's true yet at the same time not cause of her DF.

Some of the guys over at OJ have translated some of the cards from the Donquixote Pirates pack, and both Trebol and Diamante have Armament and Observation Haki like Pica and Vergo. Surprisingly, Kyros isn't confirmed to have any haki.

So i just had a vist to Oro Jackson and if i read the thread correctly Doffy has all 3 types of haki

CP9 is getting cards in June.

Well, I'd argue that the manga definitely didn't confirm him having Observation Haki.

The only problem with this is that there's still no proof of Doffy explicitng using kenbun haki. Like I said before, every official showing of kenbun haki was either explicitly drawn or stated in the manga. Doffy doesn't fit either of these standards tho.

Some evidences of Doffy's Observation Haki

Doffy arguably utilizes this to dodge an attack from Baby 5 without even looking, whilst using a communications device and holding conversation with someone else

Regardless of having demonstrably caught offguard via Luffy's speed, Doffy is able to utilize Observation Haki to throw up a coating of Armament Haki to deaden the incoming blow

And let's not forget he was able to manipulate people from a far away distance like with King Riku and his soliders. - https://mangalife.us/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-727-page-17.html

And this scene as well, Doffy was able to indentified that there were people hobbled, bedridden and etc... - https://mangalife.us/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-783-page-16.html

Is there always need to be some big explicit scene to show that a character has observation haki?

1. Plenty of characters in One Piece (and media in general) have shown characters react to things without looking at it.

2. Katakuri also used haki to block Luffy's attack and his kenbun haki wasnt active at the time considering he only figured out Luffy's attack after being punched several times.

3. This one I can't explain since this would mean Doffy can essentially see an entire island in terms of range yet still be unable to predict things like Law using his Room several times (and getting away with summoning it multiple times) or Luffy punching him. Plus, we don't see Doffy move his hands to control anybody at all. I guess he can just use his mind to control them? (genuine question)

4. That scene could easily just be him stating a general facts, since it's easy to assume that there would be babies or elderly in an island as large as Dressrosa.

Again, One Piece has always been consistent with how they showcase kenbun haki: I'll list every scene that I remember from my head- mantra in Skypiea, Boa sisters, Whitebeard while sleeping, Rayleigh training, Coby in Marineford, Luffy post-Ts, Luffy vs Hody, Monster trio sensing Caribou in Fishman Island, Otohime, Luffy sensing the Yeti Cool Brothers (yet not sensing/predicting Casear Clown despite being calm), Sanji using it in Nami's body, Kinemon for obvious reasons, Rebecca stated by Luffy, Pica vs Zoro, Usopp and Fujitora via indications of background being darkened, Sanji sensing Nekomamushi in Bege's body, Katakuri for obvious reasons, Helmeppo during Reverie, etc.

Some of these aren't even explicit but there's plenty of scenes where the characters show that they clearly dont use it, even in the same arc.

He protected himself from Rhino Schnneider.

End of the question. We aren't babies who need every single thing pointed and verbal confirmed.

Once again guys, it's already confirmed via the databook. Whether or not we think the manga implies it doesn't matter anymore.

Doffy having Observantion Haki shouldn't be a surprise, It was stated that all the top dogs in the New World know how to use Observantion Haki and Armament Haki.

Where was it stated that the top dogs could use Observation Haki and Armament Haki?

From what I recall it was stated that all Vice Admirals have the ability to use some form of Haki.

And Chinjao said that it would be common to encounter people with Conqueror's Haki on the Grand Line.

Damage3245 said:
Where was it stated that the top dogs could use Observation Haki and Armament Haki?
From what I recall it was stated that all Vice Admirals have the ability to use some form of Haki.
If all Vice Admirals are supposed to be able of using Haki (which i assume it meant both Observation and Armament), then i seriously doubt that Doflamingo, a high rank New World pirate so dangerous that Aokiji stated that an Admiral would be required to deal with him, wouldn't be able to use either of them. I mean, it is more than enough implied in the series that learns the basic of both forms of Haki is the minimum requirement for anyone to have even a slight chance to be able to survive in the New World.

Dziga said:
Doflamingo has clear mastery over Busoshuko and Haoshoku, I don't see him not having at least a very basic application of Kenbunshoku.
The way that Rayleigh explains it, it's unpredictable how many of the types of Haki a person can have.

Big Mom is an Emperor of the Sea but even she only has confirmation for Armament and Conqueror's Haki.

I'm pretty sure Haoshoku is the only one limited to who can use, Rayleigh only explained that people have more talent / feel more suited to use one specific type of Haki, which makes perfect sense. Big Mom is a very specific case since she really is basically 100% raw physical talent and she doesn't seem to control her Haoshoku haki.

What I meant by my inital statement was that just because someone is stated to have haki or a specific skil set doesn't mean it's been confirmed whether they used it on certain scenes or not, since none of that was confirmed until now.

We can't just say Law's kenbun haki is better than Doffy's since Law was able to summon Room each time when going against Doffy, or that Luffy's precog is always active, if you get what I mean.

Not saying everyone here is saying that; just mean that there is definitely some people who'll try to say any scene that can relate to reaction/speed is simply kenbun haki usage,.

Calaca Vs said:
He protected himself from Rhino Schnneider.
End of the question. We aren't babies who need every single thing pointed and verbal confirmed.
This argument doesn't really work when plenty of other characters who have kenbun haki haven't shown to use it in battle to protect themselves, such as the characters in Marineford who could have easily dodged or at least predicted attacks even when they weren't pressured/in an uncalm state, such as Kizaru vs Marco or whatever other example.

It's not about being a "baby," it's about distinguishing the difference between confirmation and inference, otherwise everyone has certain capabilities to bypass presence sensing or precog (Caesar vs Luffy for example).

Oh wait I just found out it's May Fifth in Japan rn so technically I was right ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

Yeah, where I live the difference is about 9 hours with Japan so it's 3am in the morning there.

Regarding the direction of the story, I feel like one of the acts of the Wano Arc is going to be a huge flashback to 20 years ago. We've been introduced to so many locals now, that I think Oda is setting up us seeing them all 20 years ago when Wano was free and we'll get to see a bit of Kaido conquering the country.

We might even get to see some Oden in his prime and encountering the Roger Pirates.

Well that would make sense it's not uncommon for One Piece to have a flashback reveling an island or lands backstory

Back