• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Eight Enies Lobby

@Rin oh I 100% agree in fact I was actually a little disappointed by the manga version because I saw the anime version first

I'm glad Robin has been getting some focus these past couple of chapters. Loved how she out-ninja the ninjas with her clone. And while I had figured this out years ago, this chapter confirmed that unlike when damage is done to Robin's duplicate limbs, her actual body doesn't take any damage when her clone is attacked. Hopefully Oda lets her fight against the ninjas in the next chapter.

As horrible as it is it is heartwarming to see people honor him a lot like Whitebeard himself was honored

I'm not what sure what Magellan could do should he return

Since I don't see a reason for Luffy to backtrack to Impel Down til an epilogue

Currently Artur is reveling information on The BB pirates characters from Jaya and Skypiea ( don't think any from those last 2 is needed here currently but it's there if your interested)

This hopefully means they'll cover Water 7/ Enies Lobby soon since it's the next major arc

I don't want to get into a big argument about in this thread, but I've always found Kalifa's feat to be a bit of an outlier (and Calaca knows my problems with the assumptions behind the calc anyway).

If a lightning-user comes up in the current arc and blitzes a character like Sanji with a lightning bolt then I will find it absolutely hilarious.

@Js, I'll help you out with that. I have several calcs for DBZ speed which may downgrade the verse.

Js250476 said:
Oh yeah I remember you said you were planning that before
Yeah, I've just never found the time to get the blogs made and evaluated.

But I have a free day tomorrow so I'll make them then.

I still think that isn't an outlier. Outsmarting is a thing after all, and at one point during the fight Kalifa stated that the ammount of lightnings she'd block them with the shield no matter what.

I also have other argument for the CP9 blitzing at MHS+ speeds but I'll save it once the discussion is up. I need to re-find those scans now.

I remember there was a hilarious Word of God antifeat when Oda compared to speed of CP9's Soru / Shave to Captain Kuro's FTE speed.

Yeah but from what I've seen Whole Cake Island seems really well done ( definitely a step up from Dressrosa)

I wonder how they'll do The Reverie

Damage3245 said:
I remember there was a hilarious Word of God antifeat when Oda compared to speed of CP9's Soru / Shave to Captain Kuro's FTE speed.
Seriously, I don't know what's up with authors sometimes.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Damage3245 said:
Seriously, I don't know what's up with authors sometimes.
To be fair, he did say that Kuro can't control it. Having a lack of control would slow you down wouldn't it?

@FullMetalLamps; that issue was that Kuro's own eyes couldn't keep up with his own FTE speed. It means he can't control himself as well as the CP9 members could.

Speed is the measurement of how quickly a character can move from point A to point B. Moving fast is fun and it assists in many things such as dodging incoming attacks. However, stop and ask yourself… 'Can I be too fast for my own good?'. This is a relatively good question and the answer to this is, you can. Movement when your mind and eyes cannot keep up with your speed is a very bad thing to experience because it can result in many differnet things: Over stepping a jump and falling off a cliff. Walking right into the goomba at the start of 1-1. Tripping on a ladybug you couldn't see and go tumbling down a well. All of these are very bad things to have to deal with. That is basically Kuro when he use that technique of his, cutting down enemies as well as allies.

Back