• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Eight Enies Lobby

This is just pure lols

This here is from my understanding that Luffy started his journey when he turned 17, meaning that he left on his journey when it was May 5th, his birthday. Then, we got this from Oda;

https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1094328975860658176

Even though this is most likely an anime filler, it still shows that the world of OP is huge, either that or the Merry Go is slow as heck.

EDIT: Actually, it is in the Manga at https://mangalife.us/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-106-page-2.html

So assuming he left on his birthday and this is February he would have been traveling for 9 months at this point

Let's also remember that Oda may be a bit forgetful and not accurately plan out a timeline of when Luffy left on his journey.

Maybe, maybe not... I just find this hilarious tbh. It's feel too wierd for them to spend 9 months from BoS to reaching Whiskey Peak.

Damage3245 said:
Let's also remember that Oda may be a bit forgetful and not accurately plan out a timeline of when Luffy left on his journey.

This doesn't apply to every mangaka tbf. Oda seems to be able to remember a lot of things that he did early on in OP

Speaking of a interesting story I learned near the start of this year was Oda had this 2 hour program at his work place were he was answering questions

Originally Amazon Lily was gonna was supposed to come in much later but Oda became a dad and he did it earlier so his daughter didn't see him draw boobs all day long ( he was scared that his daughter would find out after school he's been drawing those types of things but his kid actually liked Hancock to the point of brining her figure to the hospital his kid even said "Dad you like breast right!" And Oda said he has nothing to lose now)

Calaca Vs said:
Kobs, I've found some nice matches for Road to the World Greatest Swordsman series.
Great, Zoro have a lot of opponents to face til he reach the top of the Swordsmen's world. Who will his future opponents be?

Well, I made a list so we have enough swordsmasters for Zoro to challenge to a fight. Most of them are perfect to face Pre-TS Zoro, and just a couple of them are for his Post-TS self.

I don't want to spoil this to anyone. I really looked after a great number of fighters (like 45 lol) so I'd like to talk about it via Private Chat, if you would.

Okay, I've updated my blog with the future upcoming revisions with the new Databook Info. I'm also planning on creating a profile or at least start the first drafts for Teach's crew. We have just three characters right now aside from him and we have good info about Laffitte and Van, for example.

Well Laffitte and Van do have some abtiles already ( the former has hypnosis and wings the later has sharp eyesight and expert marksman)

Calaca Vs said:
I don't want to spoil this to anyone. I really looked after a great number of fighters (like 45 lol) so I'd like to talk about it via Private Chat, if you would.
Don't forget Sanji and even Nami, lol. There must be people with weather based abilities like her.

I will not forget about them, don't worry. It's just that looking matches for Zoro is easier since all of those I've gathered are in some way, swordsmen.

Calaca Vs said:
Well, I made a list so we have enough swordsmasters for Zoro to challenge to a fight. Most of them are perfect to face Pre-TS Zoro, and just a couple of them are for his Post-TS self.
That's alrighty. And 45 opponents damn, Zoro really have to work for that World Greatest Swordsman title.

@Hst master - Nice, man. Hope ypu are enjoying the series so far. Skypeia is controversal in the fanbase, but honestly I like it because it embody some of the themes of One Piece.

Back