• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 997: "Flames" (Official Release)

I'd change the "god tier" to top tier IMHO, because we have people like Marco and Ace who can kinda sorta contend with Admirals. I don't think the difference is so overwhelmingly large to the point of calling them God tiers, which is why the 6-B calc never sat well with me.
The difference between the Yonko and other high level "commander tier" characters certainly isn't as big as the difference between 6-B and High 7-A. It's why I think 6-C fits MUCH better.

Wonder what Kaido is going to do next, still anticipating some kind of Rain Bullets or something crazy to do with the Rain. Since he's based off the Azure Dragon which its primary Ability is controlling the rain.

Aokiji >> Doffy from what it looked like to me

Doffy tries to kill Smoker, Aokiji instafreezes him super casually. Doffy survived by activating his haki just in time and then decided to leave immediately afterwards
Doffy using Haki is an assumption/speculation and shouldn't be treated as fact.

I do believe Aokiji is significantly stronger than Doflamingo, however that remains to be seen, thus it's an opinion that should not be listed. All that can be suggested is that Aokiji is threatening enough to wound or kill Doflamingo since the latter opt'd to fall back rather than waste his efforts on a pointless fight that would put him at a major disadvantage in terms of time and physically.

Here's the facts for what would have happened if Doflamingo chose to stay to kill Smoker despite Aokiji's presense ASSUMING he was somehow successful: 1) Doflamingo wastes valuable time which he needs to use to prepare to trap Law/Luffy. If he didn't resign from the Shichibukai by the next day, he'd never see Caesar again. 2) Doflamingo would have possibly been wounded to the point where it would impact his effectiveness in a potential fight against Law and Luffy, which would occur the very next day 3) Aokiji is potentially angered and follows Doflamingo to Dressrosa, adding another enemy into the pool. 4) Any survivor from G5 (Tashigi) would still relay info about Doflamingo to HQ, and 5) Law and Luffy could have B-lined to Dressrosa while Doflamingo is preoccupied and decimate his forces.

So no matter what, he's disadvantaged if he chose to fight Aokiji. Whether he wins or not is something that remains to be seen (though Aokiji would definitely win).

Hence: Admirals are =/> Doflamingo (except Fujitora ... for now... maybe)

Also, I'm fully expecting an Onigashima destruction feat one way or the other. Either a) Kaido drops it on the Flower Capital and destroys that section of Wano, or b) Someone (Luffy) destroys Onigashima to prevent that.

Yeah could definitely see someone destroying Onigashima, potentially Law's role in the arc would be to ensure the rubble doesn't land on the capital meaning he would have to make a super massive room.

Kaido really seems like a slow starter when it comes to fighting from what we've seen of him. He lets his opponents whale in on him for a time (whether he's drunk or just doesn't care, probably a combination of both), but once he's gotten a "pounding" and jumps on the offensive, he's a ******* unstoppable force.

Last edited:
Mihawk and Zoro would like your location. Didn't mention Whitebeard and Luffy because others already did.
You know, imo Mihawk isn't badass, cause he never did anything badass (he cut Don Krieg's ships, but attacking fodder isn't a badass thing) on screen, all he has is a title and off screen fights with Shanks many years ago. Zoro also has "absolutely nothing", if you get what i mean.

Hard disagree there, but it's a completely subjective matter, so you're not "wrong" ofc.

I think Mihawk's badassery comes from his Aura and mystique. It's very hard to replicate. Whenever he's on-screen he commands your attention.
Plus he has two of the most sick speeches in all of One Piece IMHO.

He's absolutely one of my favorite characters ever.

Plus, you wanna talk about badass?! I think making Zoro look like a chump definitely qualifies.

Zoro obviously speaks for himself, so I don't need to say anything.

Yeah tbf Mihawk is mostly revered cause of his aura. We know there's going to be a huge pay off in Zoro beating him much like we know there's going to be one for Luffy vs Shanks later down the line, or how we know Dragon's going to get off his ass one of these centuries.

The fact that all of them are so universally feared in the same respect as people like Kaido also contribute to the "hype".

These are all cool moments, but they aren't badass, at least not in my current definition of badass, badass=/=cool imo.

Doffy using Haki is an assumption/speculation and shouldn't be treated as fact.

I do believe Aokiji is significantly stronger than Doflamingo, however that remains to be seen, thus it's an opinion that should not be listed. All that can be suggested is that Aokiji is threatening enough to wound or kill Doflamingo since the latter opt'd to fall back rather than waste his efforts on a pointless fight that would put him at a major disadvantage in terms of time and physically.

Here's the facts for what would have happened if Doflamingo chose to stay to kill Smoker despite Aokiji's presense ASSUMING he was somehow successful: 1) Doflamingo wastes valuable time which he needs to use to prepare to trap Law/Luffy. If he didn't resign from the Shichibukai by the next day, he'd never see Caesar again. 2) Doflamingo would have possibly been wounded to the point where it would impact his effectiveness in a potential fight against Law and Luffy, which would occur the very next day 3) Aokiji is potentially angered and follows Doflamingo to Dressrosa, adding another enemy into the pool. 4) Any survivor from G5 (Tashigi) would still relay info about Doflamingo to HQ, and 5) Law and Luffy could have B-lined to Dressrosa while Doflamingo is preoccupied and decimate his forces.

So no matter what, he's disadvantaged if he chose to fight Aokiji. Whether he wins or not is something that remains to be seen (though Aokiji would definitely win).

Hence: Admirals are =/> Doflamingo (except Fujitora ... for now... maybe)
In the immediate fight though it's really Aokiji who is disadvantaged, considering Doflamingo essentially has Smoker's and the G5's lives as leverage over him. But overall, Doflamingo couldn't really afford to fight against an Admiral

I don't really like Mihawk, his attiduine annoys me. (He's serious and arrogant in a way I don't like, I like some arrogant and pride characters such as Light Yagami and Gilgamesh)
He never speaks and when he does It I hate how he says things.
And I don't even like his design, I find his clothes ridiculous (especially the hat), and I prefer him a lot when he has his casual clothes.
I don't like the Yoru, I would have prefered if Mihawk had a sword similar to that of Cyrano (the guy Ryuuma fought).

About Zoro, I respect him. I'm more of a Sanji's guy (his past with his father really reminds me of myself) and I generally find the guys with Sanji's kind of design cooler (I am not the kind of guy who likes buffed characters, I really like asians' standards of beauty, like Yuno from Black Clover).

But I still like Zoro and I think he's really cool according to our part of the world's standards. Zoro and other characters like Yami from Black Clover are usually the ones that people like most here. (To do an example: for Black Clover's author and japanese's standards men with too much muscles and who are not too elegant and are really rough aren't usually considered cool. In asian Cavendish is the one who rappresents more their idea of beauty, in-lore Cavendish is the most beautiful man, but girls that are not from Asian I think they find Zoro way more beautiful than Cavendish as a guy).

Talking about Zoro again, the things that I love of his character are his loyalty and his determination. I truly respect him for that. But for other stuff, If I were a One Piece's character I would have probably fought against Zoro as Sanji usually does, because the swordman is brainless and I would have got angry at him sometimes as the cook does. That of course doesn't mean I hate Zoro at all! Let's say I see him as Sanji sees him.
I also love to see Zoro alongside Sanji and Luffy and his interactions with Chopper and O-Kiku.

I need a render of this ASAP

87803419cc369b032cb223125b02d1da.jpg

And we keep talking about these clowns as if you guys forgot the real goats.
luffy-vs-katakuri.png

I don't really like Mihawk, his attiduine annoys me. (He's serious and arrogant in a way I don't like, I like some arrogant and pride characters such as Light Yagami and Gilgamesh)
I wouldn't say Mihawk is a quiet character exactly. Also while yes, he is serious, you gotta admit the dude can be pretty laid back all things considered. I mean he might not want to share a lot of banter but he was fine sitting down and getting drunk of his ass with Shanks.

And I don't even like his design, I find his clothes ridiculous (especially the hat), and I prefer him a lot when he has his casual clothes.
I don't like the Yoru, I would have prefered if Mihawk had a sword similar to that of Cyrano (the guy Ryuuma fought).

About Zoro, I respect him. I'm more of a Sanji's guy (his past with his father really reminds me of myself) and I generally find the guys with Sanji's kind of design cooler (I am not the kind of guy who likes buffed characters, I really like asians' standards of beauty, like Yuno from Black Clover).

But I still like Zoro and I think he's really cool according to our part of the world's standards. Zoro and other characters like Yami from Black Clover are usually the ones that people like most here. (To do an example: for Black Clover's author and japanese's standards men with too much muscles and who are not too elegant and are really rough aren't usually considered cool. In asian Cavendish is the one who rappresents more their idea of beauty, in-lore Cavendish is the most beautiful man, but girls that are not from Asian I think they find Zoro way more beautiful than Cavendish as a guy).

Talking about Zoro again, the things that I love of his character are his loyalty and his determination. I truly respect him for that. But for other stuff, If I were a One Piece's character I would have probably fought against Zoro as Sanji usually does, because the swordman is brainless and I would have got angry at him sometimes as the cook does. That of course doesn't mean I hate Zoro at all! Let's say I see him as Sanji sees him.
I also love to see Zoro alongside Sanji and Luffy and his interactions with Chopper and O-Kiku.
Yo, you're like my archnemisis or something XD.

Granted, I love Sanji a lot as well.

I find Mihawk's design to be one of his strongest attributes if I'm being honest. I think it's one of the best in the series.

Design is even more subjective, but yeah, Mihawk's design is cool and i can't say i don't like Yoru (when it is in his back at least, when he is welding it the sword isn't really how the strongest swordsman's sword should be) but it is like Fix said, we are trying to compare Zaraki (Kaido in this case) to Byakuya (Mihawk).

But i need to say this: Katakuri is both badass and cool af, truly the man who should become the pirate king (or his number 1 rival, at least).

I find Mihawk's design to be one of his strongest attributes if I'm being honest. I think it's one of the best in the series.
My group of friends agree with you. That's why they always make fun of me because I don't like Mihawk and they put him above Shanks and Akainu which triggers me, even though I think Mihawk is weaker, but near to them lmao.

I really think Mihawk will have the chance to prove himself when the time comes though. As we all know Goda set ups, and Goda delivers. Same with all the other super hyped characters. They might not have much in the way of deeds YET, but that'll change eventually.

I really think Mihawk will have the chance to prove himself when the time comes though. As we all know Goda set ups, and Goda delivers. Same with all the other super hyped characters. They might not have much in the way of deeds YET, but that'll change eventually.
Wholeheartedly agree. Mihawk was literally the first top tier introduced (I know. I know, Shanks came first, BUT at the time we didn't truly know how big of a deal Shanks was) with an insane amount of hype around him that's literally been building for hundreds of chapters, closing in on a thousand at this point.
If people seriously think Goda won't deliver something spectacular with Mihawk after all this time and setup, then they're honestly fooling themselves.
His placement in the story as Zoro's dream essentially guarantees that he'll be extremely important at some point.

Back