• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 997: "Flames" (Official Release)

Wholeheartedly agree. Mihawk was literally the first top tier introduced (I know. I know, Shanks came first, BUT at the time we didn't truly know how big of a deal Shanks was) with an insane amount of hype around him that's literally been building for hundreds of chapters, closing in on a thousand at this point.
If people seriously think Goda won't deliver something spectacular with Mihawk after all this time and setup, then they're honestly fooling themselves.
His placement in the story as Zoro's dream essentially guarantees that he'll be extremely important at some point.
You forget Buggy D Clown

Of course, how could I forget the future Yonko.
Heresy! He will never be an Yonko, he is too strong to be in the same group as the dying old man, the hundred hostages, the stupid balloon and the redhair random. Buggy will be in the Empty Throne at the very least, or maybe he is Im-Sama himself.

Heresy! He will never be an Yonko, he is too strong to be in the same group as the dying old man, the hundred hostages, the stupid balloon and the redhair random. Buggy will be in the Empty Throne at the very least, or maybe he is Im-Sama himself.
Nah, Im-Sama is merely one of his minions.
I suggested Yonko only as a day job for Buggy-Sama to pass the time, in actuality he's the God who created all of the ancient weapons and controls the World from the shadows.

You really are my perfect rival!!! We shall have many great battles in the future my friend!!
I'll be glad to defeat you, my new rival! I accept the challenge!
tenor.gif

“If I were a One Piece's character I would have probably fought against Zoro as Sanji usually does, because the swordman is brainless and I would have got angry at him sometimes as the cook does.”

I gotta be honest, I love Sanji and Zoro both are top characters to me but, Sanji doesnt have much room to talk in terms of acting dumb at times or being brainless as he has his own moments (And we all know exactly what im referring to).

Last edited:
I gotta be honest, I love Sanji and Zoro both are top characters to me but, Sanji doesnt have much room to talk in terms of acting dumb at times or being brainless as he has his own moments (And we all know exactly what im referring to).
Yeah, i completely agree with you, but i really dislike when people use the fight with Kalifa as proof of Sanji's dumbness being worse than the others', let's be real, Sanji is a gentleman, the perverted side is a comedy thing to turn him into more than just "i need to protect the mellorines", even if it were to happen again against Black Maria it wouldn't change my mind.

I fully understand why Sanji does but there will probably come a point that Sanji is gonna have to choose between fighting a women or helping the crew.

He already had that moment with Kalifa. He literally chose to not harm Kalifa at the expense of Robin's wellbeing, as well as the other SHs who were starting their fights against the other CP9 members.

He had 2 choices he could have made:

1) Subdue Kalifa (he didn't even need to KO her) and take the key. Best solution.

2) Leave the room and go fight another CP9 member since Kalifa is literally the only female member. Tell anyone else like Nami/Chopper about Kalifa and move on to the next. This isn't the best option, but it's better than wasting time and Sanji allowing himself to suffer unnecessary damage and sitting in the corner for several minutes.

Sanji lost my respect in that moment because he chose being a perverted gentleman over his friends and put ALL of them at risk. The fact that they managed to succeed in the end does not matter. He put them at a disadvantage.

I will re read their fight, but i don't remember Sanji having heart eyes during their fight (maybe at the start), this is no different than Zoro refusing to step back during his fight with Mihawk, or Nami nearly dying against Ulti, everyone in the crew would rather die than go against their convictions and/or dreams, it just happens that Sanji is the only one that does not look cool while doing it because "he could run away or fight back, not all women are worth his chivalry"

I know he had that moment before so I guess I misspoke but I guess what I meant was I think Oda will put him in that situation again (Likely very soon) and will use it as a way to develop Sanji as a character, now I obviously could be wrong but I do think that soon Sanji will again be forced into that situation.

guys like onigashima is really huge u could possibly fit the whole marineford in this small river because as u can see there the fox statute is 300+ meters XD as big as marineford huge building and that imperial is 900+ meters o.0.
also u can see a mini map on how big onigashima with the small river thing so maybe u could scale the imperial from it?
( edit thats better image for it )
7686366-20201127_103958.jpg

Last edited:

Crabwhale

oh ya its in front of the ships next to kid's ship (u can see his skull shark thing in his ship) and when u see the chapter u will see that strawhats ship is next to kid's ship hope that solve ur question

Yes which is why we have waited so long, but the vanishing wounds thing has been fairly consistently shown for like 10+ chapters now, there comes a point in which that just becomes to be of a coincidence.

Yes which is why we have waited so long, but the vanishing wounds thing has been fairly consistently shown for like 10+ chapters now, there comes a point in which that just becomes to be of a coincidence.
Yes, like how Doflamingo's burn injuries from Red Hawk was never shown for 2 chapters except for one panel, and then vanished forever (for 20 chapters). Smaller bruises and cuts throughout the series switch sides, disappear, and reappear. This is no different unless Kaido happens to bring up having regenerative powers.

I'm kind of excited for the implications of next chapter tbh. Kaido words remind me of Rocks and he's all alone on the Dome with Big Mom fast approaching. This is an excellent time for a flashback and or a chat between them about their history

Back