• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 997: "Flames" (Official Release)

Scabbards were explicitly ruled as outlier by Kaito on two occasions. He proceeded to oneshot them all though we never got a detailed explanation of what happened to Kaido's stats.

I know i said there should be a thread about it to not derail this one, but why does Apoo's dura scale to 7A+? What damaged Luffy was his DF, not his punches. There are problems with that full scaling since it means he would be stronger than Katakuri (who shouldn't even have a 7A+ end, the reason for such an end is literally overpowering an 7A+ attack, it is like giving Kaido a H7A ending for overpowering the Scabbards), that and Luffy was caught completely off guard without Haki, and i doubt Luffy really TANKED an attack from Kata without haki to get his tier at base to 7A+, it is the same with Usopp vs Ulti and Apoo vs Kid to some extent, all of them were damaged but were able to keep fighting.
Apoo's devil fruit just allows him to project his attacks through his music & allows them to hit as long as his opponent hears his music. Just like with durability negation, there is no indication that this devil fruit grants him super powerful attacks that he himself doesn't scale too.
Luffy was caught completely off guard without Haki
Luffy was also caught completely off guard without haki in the Kat fight, which didn't incapacitate him.

I know i said there should be a thread about it to not derail this one, but why does Apoo's dura scale to 7A+? What damaged Luffy was his DF, not his punches.
I agree with this. Apoo was treated as durability negation until doing otherwise could produce 7-A+ supernovas. Still seems odd but even if it is NOT durability negation he doesn't physically scale to it via any feat I remember.

I don't remember the source, but i recall Oda addressing this long time theory in an interview semi recently. He said the ability to fly comes from cloud generation which is in itself an ability of his devil fruit.
D: When Kaido turned into a dragon, did he like float in the air?

O: Heard dragons can fly in the sky by using the clouds, so Kaido's doing that by generating his own clouds and then walking from cloud to cloud. Does that make sense?

D: When Kaido turned into a dragon, did he like float in the air?

O: Heard dragons can fly in the sky by using the clouds, so Kaido's doing that by generating his own clouds and then walking from cloud to cloud. Does that make sense?
Source??

Chapter 935 at the end
0935-017.png

Apoo's devil fruit just allows him to project his attacks through his music & allows them to hit as long as his opponent hears his music. Just like with durability negation, there is no indication that this devil fruit grants him super powerful attacks that he himself doesn't scale too.

Luffy was also caught completely off guard without haki in the Kat fight, which didn't incapacitate him.
You know Durability Negation does not grant "super powerful attacks" literally for being something that does not care to tier, right? "Himself" (Apoo or anyone else) scaling to some type of dura negation is really strange and situational, a 9C can harm a 5B with dura negation and not scale to 5B after all.

And we don't know much about Apoo's fruit, but with the fact that blocking your ears nulls it, it is much closer to some type of sound hax than it is to projections of his punches.

Off guard? Okay, which chapter and page are you talking about here? Because i don't remember base Luffy being caught off guard during the 11 hours fight, but anyway, not being incapacitated does not really mean he should scale, again, being damaged and keeping fighting is stamina, not durability.

u know Durability Negation does not grant "super powerful attacks" literally for being something that does not care to tier, right? "Himself" (Apoo or anyone else) scaling to some type of dura negation is really strange and situational, a 9C can harm a 5B with dura negation and not scale to 5B after all.
Maybe my point was misinterpreted, I'm saying just like how durability negation was removed due to not having sufficient evidence there is also not any evidence of Apoo's attacks with sound generating super powerful attacks.
Off guard? Okay, which chapter and page are you talking about here? Because i don't remember base Luffy being caught off guard during the 11 hours fight, but anyway, not being incapacitated does not really mean he should scale, again, being damaged and keeping fighting is stamina, not durability.

His entire mobility from the thrust was halted due to her needle, I don't know if he was poisoned.

There are many times base Luffy takes direct punches from Katakuri (who's using hardening) and ends up getting caught off guard purposefully due to Luffy trying to train his observation.

This was covered extensively in the past if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Alright now.

Someone give me a reason why
  1. Via this wiki, half the cast are borderline Admiral level. With the mountain+ to large mountain upscaling, 1 sword Zoro = admiral level.
  2. Why every single admiral has Durability Negation for the sole purpose of them not scaling to Shirohige
    1. Why is Whitebeard 8.58 Teratons and the admirals are 4.19 Megatons.
      1. Why is Whitebeard essentially 2 million times stronger than the admirals, and over 600,000 times stronger than them all put together, putting his AP far over his durability, but they can take hits from him...

The Admiral and Yonko APs will be changed soon, and revised. While I personally scale Yonko slightly above Admirals they are still pretty close and both could beat the other.

Last edited:
Btw, Queen was afraid of Zoro in this chapter twice. I'm starting to think that those moments are just part of his personality.
Pretty much. Ever since Queen's introduction, he has had over-the-top reactions to every shocking thing that has happened. He's not terrified of Zoro. He was shocked that Zoro attacked him, and then shocked from hearing Zoro claim that he would cut down Kaido.

@KingTempest -

1) The Admirals scale =/> Doflamingo via Aokiji.
2) All of the OG Admirals have abilities that can kill people without using physical power. Akainu can vaporize flesh, Aokiji can give frost-bite or make people brittle, and Kizaru's beams vape flesh as well.

The last bit is you exaggerating. But it doesn't matter since WB's 6-B feat is gonna be considered an outlier and the verse will drop to 6-C anyways.

guys Kaido actually did something more impressive with his island feat because remember onigashima was part of the whole Wano country it is connected to the whole thing so he actually ripped the island and took the tip side of the ripped island

what i was talking about is chapter 954 on the page where they talked about how the ship can go up to wano and there u will see how onigashima is connected to the whole wano country and marco also talked about onigashima being a separated island (Ch 982)
also that means the island was long ago connected to the thing before even kaido came to the island so kaido actually ripped it dam thats awesome from kadio (years ago possibly 30+ years when marco came to wano unless he came back to it again which i doubt it)

Last edited:
If Kaido is a real Dragon and in turn so is Yamato I would be hella hyped to see Yamato transform and see her either push back against her fathers clouds (To try and stop the Island from reaching the Capital) or actually battle her Father in Dragon form.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Luffy vs Cracker lasted 11 hours and not Luffy vs Katakuri
Yeah, I can't remember the exact timeframe for Katakuri although I'm sure it lasted hours.

Also the admiral stuff just seems like pure derailment and doesn't seem related to the chapter topic; the Apoo scaling is at least related to current events which is why I participated in it.

If Kaido is a real Dragon and in turn so is Yamato I would be hella hyped to see Yamato transform and see her either just back against her fathers clouds (To try and stop the Island from reaching the Capital) or actually battle her Father in Dragon form.
Honestly hoping this doesn't happen cause I just want Yamato's potential fruit to be something off the wall. Much like Kaido's reveal itself was.

If there's no ongoing CRT for One Piece, are people fine with me making the thread to revise the Top Tiers? (Essentially changing the Yonko and characters that scale to them to 6-C, while mentioning on Whitebeard's and Blackbeard's profiles their 6-B Environmental Destruction calc)

If there's no ongoing CRT for One Piece, are people fine with me making the thread to revise the Top Tiers? (Essentially changing the Yonko and characters that scale to them to 6-C, while mentioning on Whitebeard's and Blackbeard's profiles their 6-B Environmental Destruction calc)
Sounds good to me.

That CRT would also provide us with the Perfect opportunity to discuss Kaido's new feat and Admiral scaling.

Preferably link it here, if you do.

Yeah, I can't remember the exact timeframe for Katakuri although I'm sure it lasted hours.
Katakuri vs Luffy was pretty short actually. IIRC it lasted between strawhats getting on the Sunny and them finally escaping Whole Cake Island. Probably a timeframe of half an hour if we're being generous

What is this, CRT #10 for the verse?

No complaints, but I'm just saying, goddamn this verse has a lot going for it

Katakuri vs Luffy was pretty short actually. IIRC it lasted between strawhats getting on the Sunny and them finally escaping Whole Cake Island. Probably a timeframe of half an hour if we're being generous
I looked online and although people don't have a specific timeframe they do say it's a around 13 hours Luffy was fighting. But this includes their breaks; like the donut one.

So what will be discussed
  • How this feat/calc will be put towards scaling (if it gets accepted, Damage has put his input)
  • Kaido scaling
  • Admiral scaling
Mainly just god tier scaling, correct?

So what will be discussed
  • How this feat/calc will be put towards scaling (if it gets accepted, Damage has put his input)
  • Kaido scaling
  • Admiral scaling
Mainly just god tier scaling, correct?
Add Whitebeard's 6-B calc to that list.
And depending on people's definition of "Top tier", we might be able to discuss Katakuri/G4 Luffy/Doffy scaling as well.

Admirals and Yonko are the God tier
I'd put Snake/Bounce/Tankman Luffy, Doflamingo, Katakuri, Marco, all of that up there as High Tier

Low, Mid, High, God

Back