• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1076: Old Friends (Official Translation)

Speaking of Awakened Lucci, I was thinking...

You guys have heard of Tranquil Fury, right?

Well I think that G5 Luffy has his own version where he is smiling and laughing but is also secretly angry beneath the surface.

He was almost definitely like this against Kaido, and once Lucci maimed Sentomaru, he probably went from normal mood to Tranquil Fury, hence why he got more aggressive in his attacks.

Luffy in Gear 5 doesn't qualify for Tranquil Fury in either scene.

"This time you might not just lose an arm.."
Please god please off him Oda I will be the happiest multi-cell organism to breathe air

Here's hoping (in vain) that Kidd shows some new wicked abilities, like:

1. Manipulating Electromagnetic fields on a vast scale,
2. Creating and manipulating microwaves, radio waves, infrared waves, visible light waves, ultraviolet light waves, x-rays, cosmic rays, and gamma rays.
3. Manipulating the Magnetic fields of entire islands or even more.
4. Controlling the electric neural impulses in people's brains and neurons.

Here's hoping (in vain) that Kidd shows some new wicked abilities, like:

1. Manipulating Electromagnetic fields on a vast scale,
2. Creating and manipulating microwaves, radio waves, infrared waves, visible light waves, ultraviolet light waves, x-rays, cosmic rays, and gamma rays.
3. Manipulating the Magnetic fields of entire islands or even more.
4. Controlling the electric neural impulses in people's brains and neurons.
mf didn't even show basic haki

Fun fact: Kaku and Lucci are both Magnificent Bastards on TV Tropes.

While Lucci's list of bastardly actions is very, very long, he does care for his crew (asides from that piece of shit Spandam), and was disturbed when Spandam brutalized a defenseless Robin. Also, he respects Luffy's leadership, and when Spandam ordered him to drag Robin by her hair, he openly opted to just take her arm.

His magnificence comes from his infiltration of Water 7 for 5 years, his evasion of the Marines post-Enies Lobby, and the fact that he is an utter monster in combat who came terrifyingly close to killing Luffy.

Kaku is magnificent due to successfully infiltrating alongside CP9, as well as his incredible swordsmanship. He's also so damn polite that it's hard not to like him.

His only "bastard" action comes from the fact that he knows damn well that he works for an evil group and an evil government, even if he wishes he could be a shipwright.

Fun fact: Kaku and Lucci are both Magnificent Bastards on TV Tropes.

While Lucci's list of bastardly actions is very, very long, he does care for his crew (asides from that piece of shit Spandam), and was disturbed when Spandam brutalized a defenseless Robin. Also, he respects Luffy's leadership, and when Spandam ordered him to drag Robin by her hair, he openly opted to just take her arm.

His magnificence comes from his infiltration of Water 7 for 5 years, his evasion of the Marines post-Enies Lobby, and the fact that he is an utter monster in combat who came terrifyingly close to killing Luffy.

Kaku is magnificent due to successfully infiltrating alongside CP9, as well as his incredible swordsmanship. He's also so damn polite that it's hard not to like him.

His only "bastard" action comes from the fact that he knows damn well that he works for an evil group and an evil government, even if he wishes he could be a shipwright.
Nah he's just a salty asshole imo.

But he has cool moments like his entire fight with Luffy ( in Enies Lobby ) and this panel where they blow away the Seraphim might look nice.

Fph8QX3XgAAQ0ia.png

Judging by how much you've been posting about it, it seemed like a recent fascination of yours.
Nah, I've been invested in TV Tropes for years, just never thought it was relevant to discussions on here until recently.

Also I thought you nerfed CRT's, not the worth of one's personal interests.

Hot take: I really don't like that Lucci is one of the villains in this arc.
No, it isn't because of that scene with G5 Luffy, but speaking of it I really think it should have been Smoker doing that.
It'd make more sense as this has some heavy Marine themes in the arc and Smoker returning and clashing with G5 Luffy ( or even a lesser form like G4 ) would show how he's grown from being a literal fodder tired out hypetool to a gigachad Vice Admiral who's far stronger than most others in their position, like Garp.
I like Lucci and Kaku but they've done their fair share of villainy in Water 7/Enies Lobby, this should be the arc for Koby Smoker and the other new gen Marines to shine and show why they're worthy of their dreams to usurp the Admirals and FA and make the Marines/WG actually live up to their "good" public image .

Ok, so after looking at the scans, I think it could be argued that Hybrid Lucci was portrayed as comparable to Gear 4, as dumb as that is.

But what's weird is that Base Kaku's Rokushiki (as Rankyaku is Rokushiki) seemed to be much closer to Buso Zoro's level of strength than his Awakened Zoan Rokushiki was.

Just like End of Udon-Luffy & Heavy Point Chopper aren't equals for doing a combo-attack on some randoms
Except that's what Chopper's profile currently uses for his "base".

Or maybe simply attacking at the same time doesn't mean you're equal to the other person.
I'm not saying they're equal, but Awakened Kaku using Haki + Rokushiki got overpowered in a brief clash by Buso Zoro, while Base Rokushiki Kaku not even using Amane Dachi or Haki helped overpower S-Hawk, who matched Buso Zoro and (alongside S-Bear) pressured him off-screen.

So Base Rokushiki Kaku has a much better portrayal than Awakened Zoan Kaku with Rokushiki.

Would that be dumb? It doesn't look like Luffy's using Hao infusion.
Good point! Scaling-wise, that makes MUCH more sense than Lucci being on par with the same Hao-Infused Round 2 Gear 4 who was matching Shuron Hakke Kaido.

In that case, a no-Hao Gear 4th scales above both his weaker round 2 forms (aka, Base Buso Luffy who hurt and drew blood from Zoan Kaido and No-Hao Gear 3rd who knocked Zoan Kaido to the ground), and his Post-Udon Gear 4th's normal attacks (which drew blood from Base Kaido and Zoan Kaido).

That actually makes sense!

I'm not saying they're equal, but Awakened Kaku using Haki + Rokushiki got overpowered in a brief clash by Buso Zoro, while Base Rokushiki Kaku not even using Amane Dachi or Haki helped overpower S-Hawk, who matched Buso Zoro and (alongside S-Bear) pressured him off-screen.

So Base Rokushiki Kaku has a much better portrayal than Awakened Zoan Kaku with Rokushiki.
S-Hawk matched two sword buso Zoro (No bandana). Three sword buso Zoro (bandana) overpowered the awakened haki + rokushiki Kaku. Zoro used a buso onigiri here on S-Hawk which scale above his no named regular physical attacks.

Dang that's wierd.
Profiles can be wrong to be fair.
IIRC, it was the only thing that could really be used for Base Chopper's scaling when we were discussing the Wano revisions.

S-Hawk matched two sword buso Zoro (No bandana).
Ok.
Three sword buso Zoro (bandana) overpowered the awakened haki + rokushiki Kaku.
Ok.
Zoro used a buso onigiri here on S-Hawk which scale above his no named regular physical attacks.
True, but that only supports my point that Base Rokushiki Kaku was still portrayed in a much better light scaling-wise than his Awakened form.

Maybe for Base Kaku, I should do "higher with Rokushiki", since it seems that his base form in particular has a gap between his base attacks (which couldn't even overpower Nitoryu Base Zoro) and his Rokushiki (which helped send S-Hawk flying and was portrayed as at least being somewhat comparable to Onigiri). This would only be for his base, since we've yet to see Awakened Zoan Kaku do any attacks that aren't Rokushiki so adding an Awakened Rokushiki to his profile as of right now would be pointless.

Maybe for Base Kaku, I should do "higher with Rokushiki", since it seems that his base form in particular has a gap between his base attacks (which couldn't even overpower Nitoryu Base Zoro) and his Rokushiki (which helped send S-Hawk flying and was portrayed as at least being somewhat comparable to Onigiri). This would only be for his base, since we've yet to see Awakened Zoan Kaku do any attacks that aren't Rokushiki so adding an Awakened Rokushiki to his profile as of right now would be pointless.
Or:
Or maybe simply attacking at the same time doesn't mean you're equal to the other person.

Even if he's not as strong as Buso Zoro, considering his Base is, at best, comparable to Base no-Haki Zoro (who is Queen level, aka well below S-Hawk), there's little chance he could've affected S-hawk that badly if his Rokushiki wasn't above his base.

This is the same S-Hawk who fought BB (with his durability being at worst the same as his AP [although considering he is lunarian it is likely well above his AP]) and emerged with no injuries.

Even if he's not as strong as Buso Zoro, considering his Base is, at best, comparable to Base no-Haki Zoro (who is Queen level, aka well below S-Hawk), there's little chance he could've affected S-hawk that badly if his Rokushiki wasn't above his base.

This is the same S-Hawk who fought BB (with his durability being at worst the same as his AP [although considering he is lunarian it is likely well above his AP]) and emerged with no injuries.
Kaku's rokushiki is obviously above whatever his base value is, not what I was responding too.

Idk why you're bringing up S-Hawk's durability when neither damaged him, they knocked him away.

Kaku's rokushiki is obviously above whatever his base value is, not what I was responding too.

Idk why you're bringing up S-Hawk's durability when neither damaged him, they knocked him away.
My main point is that it's odd how his Base Rokushiki was still portrayed in a better light than his Awakened Zoan form was.

And while he was probably weaker than a serious named-attack using Buso Zoro, he was still portrayed as somewhat comparable.

My main point is that it's odd how his Base Rokushiki was still portrayed in a better light than his Awakened Zoan form was.

And while he was probably weaker than a serious named-attack using Buso Zoro, he was still portrayed as somewhat comparable.
One fought Zoro & the other fought a seraphim that's the difference.

He literally isn't tho.

Back