• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1076: Old Friends (Official Translation)

One fought Zoro & the other fought a seraphim that's the difference.
Seraphim are still pretty strong and matched a Nitoryu Buso Zoro, when a Zoro who was somewhat stronger thanks to Santoryu overpowered Rokushiki Awakened Kaku.
He literally isn't tho.
If he wasn't even comparable to Buso Zoro, why would Zoro even have needed his help to quickly take down S-Hawk?

Zoro probably would've won on his own in a 1v1 against S-Hawk, but it would've been much longer had Kaku not helped him.

And Kaku wasn't shown as vastly behind Zoro at all during the scene of the clash (which I should note is also a good speed feat for Base Kaku for both keeping up with Zoro and going faster than S-Hawk could react).

Look, we know he isn't on par with buso Zoro considering his stronger Awakened form lost in a brief clash to a less serious Buso Zoro (even if Awakened Kaku was unharmed from Zoro's attack), I'm not disputing that.

I'm just saying he's somewhat comparable. As in, definitely below Buso Zoro due to scaling, but somewhat on that level.

I'm also saying it's weird how it was portrayed.

Yeah not reading all that, when your only evidence of comparability is attacking at the same time and said comparability is contradicted twice by weaker versions of Zoro overpowering stronger versions of Kaku then the simple solution is they're not comparable.

Yeah not reading all that, when your only evidence of comparability is attacking at the same time and said comparability is contradicted twice by weaker versions of Zoro overpowering stronger versions of Kaku then the simple solution is they're not comparable.
Comparable does not mean equal.

That's not hard to understand.

I still disagree with you, but since this argument is going nowhere and I'd rather not cluster up this discussion thread with it, I'm going to drop it for now. We can rediscuss it when the arc ends.

So on another note, I do kinda hope Kidd gets humiliated by Shanks since I feel that Oda is kinda letting him off the hook for all the murdering he's stated to have done pre-timeskip, since Shakky confirmed that he's murdered civilians.

Also, anyone else realize that Lucci is now one of the fastest people in One Piece (at least in his Hybrid and Awakened Forms)?

Gear 2nd Post-Hao Advancement Luffy dodged a Thunder Bagua, and both his Gear 4th and Gear 5th scale above it.

Hybrid Lucci kept up with Gear 4th Luffy (since Hao Infusion doesn't affect speed), and Awakened Lucci kept up with Gear 5 (but was still inferior to some extent) but flat-out dodged his attack with Kami-Sori.

And they say Sanji is the speed demon, oh shit Kachon is gonna kill me.

Last edited:
Also, did anyone else notice the crest of smoke on Gear 4 Luffy's back?

Is that the one that only Awakened Zoans like Lucci had, or has it appeared on Gear 4th's back before?

If Lucci and Kaku struggle against the Seraphim I'm PRETTY sure that would disprove Lucci being relative to G5 Luffy lol.
Monke when Luffy also struggles:

surprised-pikachu.gif

Ok, so after looking at the scans, I think it could be argued that Hybrid Lucci was portrayed as comparable to Gear 4, as dumb as that is.

But what's weird is that Base Kaku's Rokushiki (as Rankyaku is Rokushiki) seemed to be much closer to Buso Zoro's level of strength than his Awakened Zoan Rokushiki was.
True.
FYI Dorry and Brogy, and the other characters are comparable to Shanks for standing next to him.

See how that sounds? ( I do think they'll be H6A for this battle though btw )
Anyway I'm out I'll reply to other stuff later cya nerds.
Maybe let's think a little bit smaller, one step a time.

Any hint what it's related too?
291.png

Woah, fanlations are already out: https://****************.com/chapters/5644/one-piece-chapter-1076?&date=22-2-2023-19

It seems to be that the captured CP agents wasn't Vegapunk's doing, but instead by the traitor. Either one of the satellites is playing a long con, a secret member of Vegapunk's staff is a traitor, or there's a potential seventh satellite, number 0, whose working in the shadows...

Also the Marines have left G-9 and are heading towards Egghead now, so we might see some of the Marines that we saw (including possibly Smoker).

Heart Pirates vs Blackbeard Pirates (Half crew)

Kid Pirates vs Red Haired Pirates (Full crew) + Red Haired subordinate crews + Elbaf Giants

Straw Hat Pirates vs Seraphims, Admiral Kizaru, Gorosei Saturn, 100+ Marine Warships (Buster Call x10) + CP0 + a Traitor + Potentially 50x Mark III Pacifista (If Gorosei Saturn can overwrite the command)

People thought Law had it rough facing off against Blackbeard right after Wano. But now it seems like he might've actually got the easiest battle among the three.

Law is only facing one emperor and some commanders while half the crew including their two admiral tier fighters, Shiryu and Aokiji, aren’t there.

Kid is pretty much facing two emperors (Shanks and Ben) along with multiple commanders.

Luffy on the other hand is facing what is essentially Marineford (Summit War) 2.0.

Last edited:
So here's something that is confusing me: The chapter is named "Old Friends" ... And Shanks talks about how he unexpectedly ran into some old friends he had thought were dead ... But we have no idea who these "old friends" are supposed to be

So here's something that is confusing me: The chapter is named "Old Friends" ... And Shanks talks about how he unexpectedly ran into some old friends he had thought were dead ... But we have no idea who these "old friends" are supposed to be
Yea, I also wonder who he could be referring to, makes me curious.

I'm excited that we're gonna get some solid feats from Shanks for the first time since he clashed with Whitebeard. If Kid and Shanks fight, Kid might get some extra feats and techniques as well, which may force us to re-evaluate the previous matches with Kid.

Solid canon physical feats. He's already shown an insane Haki feat against Greenbull
Yea, I meant physical feats, like techniques or Conqueror's Haki infusion. I can only imagine how powerful his Conqueror's Haki infusion would be considering how it struck fear into Greenbull.

Kidd fans are delusional, man.

They all think Kidd's gonna beat Shanks.

SHANKS. The guy Kaido didn't wanna tussle with (not saying he's stronger than Kaido but if Kaido viewed him as a threat than it says something).

The guy who casually blocked a pissed Akainu's punch.

Kidd fans are delusional, man.

They all think Kidd's gonna beat Shanks.

SHANKS. The guy Kaido didn't wanna tussle with (not saying he's stronger than Kaido but if Kaido viewed him as a threat than it says something).

The guy who casually blocked a pissed Akainu's punch.
Yeah and they exist almost in every platforms

Back