• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1076: Old Friends (Official Translation)

I hope Kidd gets a good showing and new powers, but I don't think he's gonna win.
The outcome of the battle entirely depends on the planned future narrative direction. Shanks vs Kidd could be used to showcase an as-of-yet-unseen side of Shanks. Maybe hint at a possible villainous nature if Shanks is planned to be a future obstacle - in which case, he is likely to absolutely destroy Kidd. On the other hand, if Shanks is intended to remain a good guy, and perhaps motivate Luffy before the final conflict, he is likely to come out much worse in this fight, although it is highly unlikely that he outright loses. In the case of the second scenario, I would predict that Kidd somehow gains the upper hand by unfair means and causes a lot of damage to Shanks' crew - who end up fleeing.

Anyway, those are my predictions. I don't see Shanks surviving the end of One Piece. He goes down either as a villain or as a mentor - the laws of storytelling demand it

So-- Stella's 100% not the traitor. Shakka isn't. Edison is the only one uncleared, unless it's something else.
I wonder if any of the vegapunks is a traitor at all, since you'd think the main satellite would somehow know because he's the main head/should have access to all their data

Last edited:
I mean he never said he was a DANGER to them, he just said he would GO AFTER THEM.
Also I guess this is a good time to ask, how do we treat combo attacks scaling wise?
It can sort of vary, but if the combo attack is left sort of vague (like as in if the series doesn't tell us who put in more effort or who carried the attack), then we assume that the attackers put in relatively equal effort.

Example: If Character A and Character B launch a combo attack at Character C, we normally assume they put in equal effort (so the attack is split 50/50). This can change if the story tells us that Character A put in 60 percent of the power while Character B only put in 40 percent of the power (or scenarios similar to this).

This all changes though if the combo attack does nothing to Character C since Character A can be Tier 6 and Character B can be Tier 7 but their attacks (combined or not) will do equally nothing if Character C is Tier 4.

So unless the story tells us that Luffy did most of the damage in the combo attack, we assume the Rokuogan and the Kong Gun did equal force (although the Rokuogan is weird since it's a shockwave attack...).

Kaku and Zoro's combo attack can also have some very interesting scaling implications (Santoryu ~ Rokushiki Base Kaku)...but Emin is completely against this.

It can sort of vary, but if the combo attack is left sort of vague (like as in if the series doesn't tell us who put in more effort or who carried the attack), then we assume that the attackers put in relatively equal effort.

Example: If Character A and Character B launch a combo attack at Character C, we normally assume they put in equal effort (so the attack is split 50/50). This can change if the story tells us that Character A put in 60 percent of the power while Character B only put in 40 percent of the power (or scenarios similar to this).

This all changes though if the combo attack does nothing to Character C since Character A can be Tier 6 and Character B can be Tier 7 but their attacks (combined or not) will do equally nothing if Character C is Tier 4.

So unless the story tells us that Luffy did most of the damage in the combo attack, we assume the Rokuogan and the Kong Gun did equal force (although the Rokuogan is weird since it's a shockwave attack...).

Kaku and Zoro's combo attack can also have some very interesting scaling implications (Santoryu ~ Rokushiki Base Kaku)...but Emin is completely against this.
I wouldn't be too excited for either feat especially since we don't see Haki in them and the Seraphim aren't visibly damaged so eh..

I wouldn't be too excited for either feat especially since we don't see Haki in them and the Seraphim aren't visibly damaged so eh..
Tbf Luffy was using Haki.

Yeah I want to see more from this fight before I start actually getting hyped for the CP boys again. Besides the combo attacks didn't seem to do any damage (that I can see at least) so combo attack scaling likely wouldn't apply here.

Also I guess this is a good time to ask, how do we treat combo attacks scaling wise?
Tbf neither zoro/kaku or luffy/lucci did a combo attack. They used their respective attacks at the same time, but they weren't combining their strengths.
Usually for the latter the attacks merge names (like the monster trio v pacifista) or increase the value in the name itself (aqua laguna luffy/zoro combo)

Tbf neither zoro/kaku or luffy/lucci did a combo attack. They used their respective attacks at the same time, but they weren't combining their strengths.
Usually for the latter the attacks merge names (like the monster trio v pacifista) or increase the value in the name itself (aqua laguna luffy/zoro combo)
What about the 4 scabbards doing Paradise Waterfall?

Dangirigan+Zansetsugama+The Haki of 2 People=Covering bullets with ice discs hitting in perfect unison bruising an oversized lizard, when previosly a lone bullet didn't do anything noticable to that lizard. That defenetly doesn't count as combo move cuz the profile.
Or we scale base Scabbards to 1/7 of Kaido cuz Sunacchi [though Kawamatsu and Izou were the only ones not attacking Kaido] and buso Scabbards to 1/4 of Kaido.

This is supported by the Scabbards matching and hurting each other and Kanjuro, and they all scale in durability to Kawamatsu who took a casual hit from Zoan Kaido.

Totatlly! Now scale Killer to 1/7 of BM since he disarmed her no different from Neko doing it to Kaido before anybody landed their swords on him
Please Killer deflected Kaifu that made G4 Luffy and Law and Killer himself dodge, not to mention they hurt G5.

He scales well above Neko.

Do your damn upgrades already,
Not really anything to upgrade since they all scale to the same 1.5 exaton value.

If A-5 and A-6 have different values in the future I'll bring it up.

I also discussed it with Kingtempest, he's neutral on this.
make him more durable than Zoro for all you care.
??

They scale to the same durability, since both ate hits from Big Mom's lightning.

??

They scale to the same durability, since both ate hits from Big Mom's lightning.
You said sth awhile ago about him more being less damaged than the others on the rooftop meanig he's more durable than them. Even tho rest of the Supernova more reckless than him giving them more oportunities to get hurt like the Luffy jumping straight to Kaido & BM alone or Law & Kid playing chicken with him...

You said sth awhile ago about him more being less damaged than the others on the rooftop meanig he's more durable than them.
We don't really see his wounds or what happened off-screen, so it was more of a potential support than anything else, like how after BM used Fulgora he was visibly less hurt than Kidd and got up faster.
Even tho rest of the Supernova more reckless than him giving them more oportunities to get hurt like the Luffy jumping straight to Kaido & BM alone or Law & Kid playing chicken with him...
Fair point.

We don't really see his wounds or what happened off-screen, so it was more of a potential support than anything else, like how after BM used Fulgora he was visibly less hurt than Kidd and got up faster.
Wouldn't Kid having an entire metal arm attached to him make him more vurnable to Fulgora/electricity than Killer?

keep in mind we did not see any haoshoku infusion and/or advanced armament (ryou) in luffy's gear 4 attack so this is just gear 4th with base level haki. Granted yes luffy's base level armament is wayyyy stronger than pre wano luffy it still isnt on par with the former. Not even base haoshoku luffy / ryou. Ik i'm stating the obvious but it's noteworthy to bring up at least lol.

Last edited:
Back