• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1072: The Weight of Memory (Official Translation)

Last edited:
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

Link to spoilers: https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...pter-1072-spoiler-summaries-and-images.36020/

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread.

Spoilers will be discussed in this thread. try not to derail this thread.
1. IT'S FINALLY HERE! LET'S ******* GO!!!!!

2. No break next week, thank ******* God!

3. Not surprised that Zoro beats Awakened Kaku, but I want to see how far Kaku pushed him until he defeated him.

4, Damn, Stussy's a clone of a former Rocks member?

4.5. I hope she gets some high 6-A spotlight too, and I don't mean fighting Sanji since it'll be just like the Kalifa fight.

Come on ... You can't say that after Otohime and Shirahoshi
Valid point.

Also, even if Kaku does end up getting folded (we'll have to wait until more spoilers and some panels come out), there is some other stuff I found that supports High 6-A Base/Hybrid Lucci but Imma wait for now.

Valid point.

Also, even if Kaku does end up getting folded (we'll have to wait until more spoilers and some panels come out), there is some other stuff I found that supports High 6-A Base/Hybrid Lucci but Imma wait for now.
Lucci wouldn't scale to Kaku regardless, Kaku's proven his potential >>> Lucci.

Took him two years to awaken while Lucci took 7+ years.

STUSSY A CLONE???
That explains why she's familiar with egghead, she was created there. BUT ROCKS MEMBER??? GODDAMN- Now that I think about it, one of the faces the old hag in wano used was near identical to Stussy- right before or after Shiki (a Rocks member). It was in our faces the whole time

Also Zoro overpowering Kaku isn't a shocker. I hope it's with visible ease/swiftness too just to show how different a Yonko crew is

Last edited:
OK this chapter is crazy af i have so many theories about weevil/bakkin/teach/kuma and vegapunk
so about kaido here is my theory on why Kaido didnt awaken his fruit.

lets be clear Oda is 100% playing with us coz why he showed other characters awakened (and he even put it in their card info) where he could easily awaken kaido its very clear oda is doing this on purpose.
ok so about kaido why did he not awaken his fruit? well Oda gave us many hints on why kaido didnt awaken his fruit.

Here is my theory we all know kaido was called the strongest (even tho i see shanks/mihawk stronger than him but thats IMO :DD ) he fought the strongest of people/creatures and yes he got defeated 7 times in his life but defeat doesn't mean he is near death situation so, what if kaido couldnt be a near death situation when he had the fruit (coz so far what i have seen is awakening means u need to be in near death aka luffy) so luffy is the only one who actually gave kaido a near death experience and that means he is most likely will be awaken next time we see him.
Bro if kaido awakened i might say he would be actually stronger than shanks lmao
edit (also maybe thats why one of the reasons Kiado was looking for a place to die coz to be awakened)

Last edited:
Lucci wouldn't scale to Kaku regardless, Kaku's proven his potential >>> Lucci.

Took him two years to awaken while Lucci took 7+ years.
I was referring to their bases, and how do you know Lucci had his DF for all 5 years when he was in the Galley?

I mean if it's true then you do have a point.
STUSSY A CLONE???
That explains why she's familiar with egghead, she was created there. BUT ROCKS MEMBER??? GODDAMN- Now that I think about it, one of the faces the old hag in wano used was near identical to Stussy- right before or after Shiki (a Rocks member). It was in our faces the whole time

Also Zoro overpowering Kaku isn't a shocker. I hope it's with visible ease/swiftness too just to show how different a Yonko crew is
I hope Kaku at least matches Buso Zoro and makes Zoro use Enma or Haoshoku, since Luffy used his best form to take out Lucci.

This is quite the argument and the funny thing is that it's logically watertight while at the same time, it just feels wrong
Same.

Can you please explain?

I don't doubt you, I just don't remember the pre-timeskip manga stuff too well (besides Marineford).

But anyways, I was referring to Base Kaku, not Awakened.
They just met for the first time in 5 years and yet both knew about the others devil fruit power, so they had their fruits before the mission. Their hostility toward each other is also based around the cat vs dog thing and said hostility is implied to have existed prior to the mission.

They just met for the first time in 5 years and yet both knew about the others devil fruit power, so they had their fruits before the mission. Their hostility toward each other is also based around the cat vs dog thing and said hostility is implied to have existed prior to the mission.
Good point.

And if I get anything from this chapter, at least I called Kaku Awakening.

But anyways, I was referring to Base Kaku, not Awakened.
I was referring to their bases
Zoan powers are amplified the more the user trains them (via Lucci) and awakening is when the user themselves catches up in mind and body to their df power (via Kaidou)

If Kaku's potential let him overcome the 5 year+ lead of training Lucci had then there's no reason to assume that the difference in power in their base is the same as what it was two years ago.

Zoan powers are amplified the more the user trains them (via Lucci) and awakening is when the user themselves catches up in mind and body to their df power (via Kaidou)

If Kaku's potential let him overcome the 5 year+ lead of training Lucci had then there's no reason to assume that the difference in power in their base is the same as what it was two years ago.
1. Still, the 2 of them and Stussy are all portrayed as comparable to each other.

2. I thought the rule in OP was that Luffy always fights the #1 dude (Lucci) while Zoro fights the second best (Kaku)

Idk how standing next to each other is portrayed as being comparable.

It's not a exactly a law of the universe and it has been contradicted many times in the past. But, I'm not arguing Kaku > Lucci, only that the logic to scale their base or any other forms to each other is flawed.

Idk how standing next to each other is portrayed as being comparable.

It's not a exactly a law of the universe and it has been contradicted many times in the past. But, I'm not arguing Kaku > Lucci, only that the logic to scale their base or any other forms to each other is flawed.
You make some sense, but when has it been contradicted?

You make some sense, but when has it been contradicted?
When zoro one tapped Hody underwater while Luffy was dunking on Hyozou instead
Also when Zoro fought Enel before Luffy got there
Zoro KO-ing Morgans instead of Luffy doing it
I'm sure there's at least one more but those are the first ones off the top of my head

When zoro one tapped Hody underwater while Luffy was dunking on Hyozou instead
But Luffy was the one who fought and beat a stronger Hody.
Also when Zoro fought Enel before Luffy got there
And Enel dunked on him, and then Luffy smacked his shit

I'm sure there's at least one more but those are the first ones off the top of my head
Regardless, Lucci Kaku and Stussy should all at least be comparable in base even if none of them are shown to have any advantage over each other

I hope Kaku at least matches Buso Zoro and makes Zoro use Enma or Haoshoku, since Luffy used his best form to take out Lucci.
Pretty sure he did that to flex on him, I don't doubt he could have won with a different form.
1. Still, the 2 of them and Stussy are all portrayed as comparable to each other.

2. I thought the rule in OP was that Luffy always fights the #1 dude (Lucci) while Zoro fights the second best (Kaku)
Luffy already embarrassed Lucci, so what's next for him?
Zoro just defeated his partner so they're probably gonna fight out of spite.

Man..
Stussy is a Bakkin clone
Bakkin probably wasn't captured since she's still roaming (a Rocks pirate would definitely be imprisoned) so her DNA giving was maybe voluntary
Bakkin is Weevil's mom
Kizaru talked about Weevil specifically and complimented his strength---
Kizaru is coming to Egghead
What if the secret helper of Vegapunk is actually Bakkin with Weevil, and Kizaru's speculation of how strong Weevil is gets proven right? It's even more likely now that we know the person on the other side of the den den Mushi has an elderly person way of speaking in the japanese translation.

I feel like what im about to say is very possibly true and im scared to share it so Oda doesn't change it Lmao so both me and my friend were theorizing about many things in this chapter here we go.
So First what if Kuma transferred VegaPunk's knowledge thro his Fruit coz it said that it can make unphysical things into physical coz u know vega's fruit makes him to have as much info as he can and not transform it. and if u ask how can Vegapunk still think ? here is your answer its coz VP have a signal thing in his head and he said that he is concocted to his brain via this weird apple wire thing

2nd, Bakkin made clones both Stussy and Weevil (who she had whitebeard's dna from his old days on rocks Pirates) that also means weevil might actually have WB's DF which would be broken. so weevil who i believe is 35 yrs was the first seraphim or similar to judge's creation which means both of them are alive and not 100% robots

Also im almost 100% sure that teach is rocks's son OR what if Teach is actually a Xebec's Clone ? coz marco talked about teach's weird body structure.

Last edited:
So Lucci AND Kaku have Awakening, but none of the Beast Pirates didn't? :LOL:

Zoro already beat Kaku and in his Awakened Form. The haters are gonna love this. :LOL:

And I was not expecting the Stussy reveal. I hope this doesn't mean she's gonna become an ally though, because I want Robin to beat a CP0 agent before this arc ends and she's the only relevant one that hasn't been beat up yet lol.

So i guess it's safe to say thar Kizaru will be our current antagonist in Egghead arc

Now, Stussy reveal isn't something i was expecting to be, wow like.....goodness, Egghead truly live on it's name: full of lore and shocking reveal
Now, i know that Stussy will be guarranted to be in the level of Lucci/Kaku level, what i'm interested is what kind of power she had? And no i'm not talking about Rokushiki

So i guess it's safe to say thar Kizaru will be our current antagonist in Egghead arc

Now, Stussy reveal isn't something i was expecting to be, wow like.....goodness, Egghead truly live on it's name: full of lore and shocking reveal
Now, i know that Stussy will be guarranted to be in the level of Lucci/Kaku level, what i'm interested is what kind of power she had? And no i'm not talking about Rokushiki
Some people on Worstgen thought that she had a vampire-themed devil fruit

If she's as strong as the real Bakkin then she should be the strongest CP0 agent consider ROCKS PIRATES and all that

lmao Wow i was actually right on kuma transferring Vega's memory by his fruit
Kuma's ability is far more haxy than I initially thought.. Maybe Kuma's replicated ability was the reason Vegapunk could've potentially transfered his (Kuma's) thoughts and memories into another body, which is why he can't bring back the OG Kuma anymore

nvm I read the added spoilers that's exactly what's going on 💀

Kuma's ability is far more haxy than I initially thought.. Maybe Kuma's replicated ability was the reason Vegapunk could've potentially transfered his (Kuma's) thoughts and memories into another body, which is why he can't bring back the OG Kuma anymore

nvm I read the added spoilers that's exactly what's going on 💀
Yeah Kuma's fruit is actually reaching law hax level lmao

Back