• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1072: The Weight of Memory (Official Translation)

Polish_20230117_150354556.png

It's funny how Kaku didn't get a single AP feat there
He got some nice endurance/recovery feats though, can't hate on em for that.
Eh, while having your attack blocked doesn't normally count as an AP feat, it can be if your opponent visually shakes from the recoil and is putting effort to block.

Eh, while having your attack blocked doesn't normally count as an AP feat, it can be if your opponent visually shakes from the recoil and is putting effort to block.
It actually seems Kaku used Haki on his nose in that clash even though his attack was still blocked.
I suppose I may have underestimated him.
Know what, Kaku can join the YC3 dinner table. He gets a promotion when he gets more feats, of course.

And hey you can also do the classic "who did better?" via comparing how well Zoro blocked the Bigan compared to other attacks.

And hey you can also do the classic "who did better?" via comparing how well Zoro blocked the Bigan compared to other attacks.
Oh shit, I can be extra devious. In chapter 1032, Santoryu Zoro (with no Buso) is able to block Buso King's sword strikes for a little bit before being blown away. Outside of the final strike, he's able to block them relatively well (he never recoils or shakes from the blows). Kaku's Bigan was able to make Buso Zoro shake from the force of his attack.

Lucci stans taking more L to their aneuryms lmao
Facts lol. Kaku is seeming better and he mastered his fruit faster lol.
A Hot Blonde Vampire Lady in modest outfit!? I KNEEL
I don't know why, but succubus and vampires that dress in highly revealing outfits just doesn't do it for me. But one that isn't dressed like a slot with a u actually makes me blush (and the way she licked her lips? Oh God yes.)

Didn't Buso Zoro overpower Kaku's Extreme bigan in the chapter 🤔
It might be a case of him having superior LS and he slammed Kaku down. It could also likely be AP related. So while Zoro can overpower Kaku, Kaku still has the strength to shake Zoro with the force of his Bigan.

What about the method I brought up above?

It might be a case of him having superior LS and he slammed Kaku down. It could also likely be AP related. So while Zoro can overpower Kaku, Kaku still has the strength to shake Zoro with the force of his Bigan.

What about the method I brought up above?
I mean, Zoro's blocking the bigan and then extreme bigan and then overpowers him when he attacks, that's AP.

Making him shake while blocking is support for his AP, but like the post I quoted I don't think that makes you equal.

Fair enough.

Guess we'll have to find all of the attacks Zoro has blocked with base Santoryu and normal Buso during the raid that didn't shake him or knock him away. Then we can scale Awakened Kaku w/Buso and Rokushiki above it.

There's Base Santoryu Zoro blocking at least a couple of King's Buso sword swings relatively well before being blown away in 1032 as I noted above.

Considering Kaku wasn't visibly harmed until Stussy went sexy vampire on him, I'm pretty sure he is comparable to buso Zoro, who matched Buso+Flame King

Maybe it's like with Aramaki where Yamato slammed him into the ground and it clearly gave him a headache but he didn't cough blood or anything.

Or just make an Egghead upgrade thread lol
Though there's probably not going to be much to add besides Kaku and Stussy stuff so it should be named after them.

like jesus, I hope it is not out of lust or sexual thoughts then if it DOES ( or will or will not work), because if it is, then oda really is hammering down he dispises sanji like fr, now I can feel bad for sanji fans anymore after this imo.

Last edited:
Blackbeard read the Devil Fruit Encyclopedia and still went after Hancock's fruit presumably knowing whether or not it'd work on ugly people.
So I'd say it depends on the user
Hancock is beautiful so it works via attraction to her
Blackbeard is ugly/disgusting to most, so it works via disgust towards him.
S-Snake is cute, so it works via awe towards her.

now I can't feel bad for sanji fans anymore after this imo.
Not the fans' fault that Oda is ruining Sanji's character.
Or just make an Egghead upgrade thread lol
Though there's probably not going to be much to add besides Kaku and Stussy stuff so it should be named after them.
There will definitely be more people with upgrades before the arc ends.

Hell, I predict that either Brook, Robin, or Jinbei will get high 6-A before the arc ends.

Considering Kaku wasn't visibly harmed until Stussy went sexy vampire on him, I'm pretty sure he is comparable to buso Zoro, who matched Buso+Flame King
This is a durability feat, not ap? Idk how you can ignore him literally getting overpowered to argue comparability.
Weren't there some extra justifications you wanted to add but still needed staff approval?
No staff have commented so it's pretty much dead. Originally I intended to make a new one, other users kept commenting on that thread when it should have been closed and even now people are trying to keep a concluded thread alive to apply even more changes when a new thread would be more productive.

This is a durability feat, not ap? Idk how you can ignore him literally getting overpowered to argue comparability.
They still clashed.

It's still good for durability as well since Kaku seemed pretty fine until Stussy bit him.
No staff have commented so it's pretty much dead. Originally I intended to make a new one, other users kept commenting on that thread when it should have been closed and even now people are trying to keep a concluded thread alive to apply even more changes when a new thread would be more productive.
But how will those extra justifications be added?

Make a new thread and include the extra ones dude.
I mean, if no staff will answer then I'd be wasting my time.

IMO we shouldn't need staff since the extra justifications aren't changing any tier or scaling value.

I could make an egghead sandbox tho.

In the 1st panel, it seems Zoro quivered a bit from the blow (not the fear kind of quiver, as in the force of the clash quiver), and in the 2nd one they seemed to be clashing rather evenly and Zoro no longer looked casual.
I don't mind.
Thanks. Will likely work on it later today

In the 1st panel, it seems Zoro quivered a bit from the blow (not the fear kind of quiver, as in the force of the clash quiver), and in the 2nd one they seemed to be clashing rather evenly and Zoro no longer looked casual.
Doesn't seem like that at all, at least to me.
I mean, if no staff will answer then I'd be wasting my time.

IMO we shouldn't need staff since the extra justifications aren't changing any tier or scaling value.

I could make an egghead sandbox tho.
Yeah but it's still supposed to look good
You can't just add random false stuff to profiles because it won't affect what tier the character is if you remove it.

In the 1st panel, it seems Zoro quivered a bit from the blow (not the fear kind of quiver, as in the force of the clash quiver)

and in the 2nd one they seemed to be clashing rather evenly and Zoro no longer looked casual.
@Mr.Cinos15 covered this, it's Zoro's body shaking from blocking the strike (Similar thing happened when Base Yamato blocked a strike from Gear 3rd + 2nd Luffy)

Kaku's bigan is continuously striking Zoro as his neck continuously spins and expands like a snake (hence the attack name), those impact strikes are kaku striking Zoro as we can see from the close up Zoro panel of him in a blocking position with his sword like he was for the initial bigan.

Also, I'm actually going to wait until the official translations for this chapter come out so I can do the thread for both Lucci and Kaku instead of needing to make 2 separate threads.

Back