• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1060: "Luffy's Dream" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'd be a far better deal tbh. A boat in that kinda environment wouldn't last- I'd imagine leaving via big revolutionary birdTM would at least keep him mid air even if it gets bumpy from the shockwave
Karasu starts an One Piece version of Uber for pirates to fund the Rev army and him self via letting pirates fly on his crows, who carry Gramophones on their talons and play the songs they like.
Gets high ratings and gets rich quick. Soon him and the others are all decked out with golden bow ties ( or just hair bows in Koala, Morley and Belo's case ) and the most drippy suits/dresses, they pull up to the final war with outfits so cold they could freeze Akainu, this is their new theme song:

Will of D.rip

It does seem strange that Im would be able to destroy an entire island within 1 to 2 minutes of knowing about a transponder call, yes, especially given the enormous size of the One Piece planet.
great point, and also they were already seeing storm clouds before and during the transponder call, meaning he was already sending the attack down via what ever method he has.

Another enjoyable chapter! I'm loving all this screen time Robin has been getting lately, and her not wanting to overload Luffy on information really made miss their interactions. With the way Oda emphasized her when she spoke about there being no clues about the last poneglyph, I'm wondering if this means the crew will find the clue they need by the end of this new arc.

The Pre-Robin crew members insulting Zoro for trying to talk them out of going on a rescue mission for Vivi was a great callback to them doing the same Post Alabasta when he told them they should've forced her to join since they were so depressed about her not coming with them. But it was funnier in the TCB scans.

As for Sabo, with the way he was looking back while all the people of Lulusia Kingdom were looking up at the "large shadow" in the sky, plus Oda deliberately keeping Sabo's whereabouts hidden in his panels, I doubt he's dead.

And nice Observation Haki feats for the M3 at the end with the eddy current.

Don't particularly care about Bonney, but let's see if Oda can make me change my opinion of her.

Don't particularly care about Bonney
Bonney is clearly hugely relevant to the narrative. Blackbeard captured her to make a deal with the marines, Akainu personally came to take her into custody, she turned up at Mariejoia during the Reverie and now finally turns up in front of the strawhats. I think she might be another world noble turned pirate like Doffy

Bonney is clearly hugely relevant to the narrative. Blackbeard captured her to make a deal with the marines, Akainu personally came to take her into custody, she turned up at Mariejoia during the Reverie and now finally turns up in front of the strawhats. I think she might be another world noble turned pirate like Doffy
I never said she wasn't relevant, she clearly is because of all of those reasons you pointed out, I'm just indifferent to her right now.

A world noble turned pirate like Doffy? Idk, maybe, but whatever she is it apparently has something to do with Kuma. I've read theories about her possibly being his mother, wife, or even his daughter due to her crying for him at the Levely. While she's not a favorite of mine, her backstory does seem really promising (hopefully Oda doesn't drop the ball with that one like he did Kaido's).

She's the second Law. Just how he was made into a central character and whatnot she'll probably be that too. That just means Urouge is the only Supernova left without straw hat related focus

She's the second Law. Just how he was made into a central character and whatnot she'll probably be that too. That just means Urouge is the only Supernova left without straw hat related focus
It's wierd how Kaido didn't beat up Urouge like he did with Kid, Killer & Luffy nor try to recruit him like he did with Apoo, Drake & Hawkins. I hope we get to see the lightning island Uroge was during the timeskip.

Same feeling here as well
I feel that Urouge would have the matter of involving Enel

It's wierd how Kaido didn't beat up Urouge like he did with Kid, Killer & Luffy nor try to recruit him like he did with Apoo, Drake & Hawkins. I hope we get to see the lightning island Uroge was during the timeskip.
He was probably too drunk and focused on toaster bath-ing himself at that point to care.
Or Urouge didn't catch his interest like the others, since Kaido only chooses those he thinks are strong... Or fighters- Urouge doesn't seem like the kind that'd fight hot headedly for no reason, which probably isn't what Kaido needs

Because he didn't care. At that moment he just wanted to jump off the cloud. Plus Urouge wasn't being rude to him at all, he simply let him jump off and observed it, and even prayed for him.

The Mihawk Seraph got pulled into the nether by Blackbeard already lol. Hancock Seraphim is probably gonna get clapped by Weevil ( come on Oda, give my boys Weevil and Urouge some feats!! ).
That Seraph was fine afterwards when Coby told it to stop beaming everyone or he'll break the marines- He probably flew up or Lunarian genes adapted to the gravity and didn't get the suck

The Mihawk Seraph got pulled into the nether by Blackbeard already lol.
It was fine
5G1Va98.png

It was fine
5G1Va98.png
That Seraph was fine afterwards when Coby told it to stop beaming everyone or he'll break the marines- He probably flew up or Lunarian genes adapted to the gravity and didn't get the suck
Wow.. MidBeard is really the main villain? Bro didn't even scratch a seraph wtf
And the secondary villain ( Akainu ) is only equal to sickbeard. I hope Im is strong or has strong weapons atleast, this new nuke seems promising.

I think that Imu is the main villain, and Blackbeard and Akainu the secondary villains.

Speaking of which, Imu seems to represent the kind of absolutely detached entitlement and lack of empathy that makes certain real world global elites willing to engineer the murder of millions or even billions just to maintain their own personal comfort zones.

Say what you want about Blackbeard; he's a ruthless, treacherous, underhanded, greedy, and power-hungry wannabe tyrant who gladly surrounds himself with apparent torturers and rapists; but at least he is out there taking a personal part in his struggles, not just sitting in his room offhandedly pushing buttons of mass-extermination while pretending that it is raining.

Akainu is an absolutely zealous and ruthless enormous hypocrite who thinks that he is a good guy while protecting tyrants and slave-owners, but the same concept applies here as well; at least he is participating and taking massive personal risks, rather than just sitting in his room pretending that the entire world is his own fictional playground to do what he wants with, where everybody else are just worthless figments of his imagination.

And for anybody who is paying attention, that is also much of the reason why I have a problem with Lionel Suggs and everybody else exactly like him. To me they seem roughly as genuinely evil, supremacist, and psychopathic as anybody can possibly get. I can easily overlook and forgive the severe mental illness and collapse inside of their own egos out of intense fear of everything outside of themselves, but viewing everybody else as illusory playthings to offhandedly enslave and commit omnicide against, not so much.

Last edited:
Speaking of which, Imu seems to represent the kind of absolutely detached entitlement and lack of empathy that makes certain real world global elites willing to engineer the murder of millions or even billions just to maintain their own personal comfort zones.

Say what you want about Blackbeard; he's a ruthless, treacherous, underhanded, greedy, and power-hungry wannabe tyrant who gladly surrounds himself with apparent torturers and rapists; but at least he is out there taking a personal part in his struggles, not just sitting in his room offhandedly pushing buttons of mass-extermination while pretending that it is raining.

Akainu is an absolutely zealous and ruthless enormous hypocrite who thinks that he is a good guy while protecting tyrants and slave-owners, but the same concept applies here as well; at least he is participating and taking massive personal risks, rather than just sitting in his room pretending that the entire world is his own fictional playground to do what he wants with, where everybody else are just worthless figments of his imagination.

And for anybody who is paying attention, that is also much of the reason why I have a problem with Lionel Suggs and everybody else exactly like him. To me they seem roughly as genuinely evil, supremacist, and psychopathic as anybody can possibly get. I can easily overlook and forgive the severe mental illness and collapse inside of their own egos out of intense fear of everything outside of themselves, but viewing everybody else as illusory playthings to offhandedly enslave and commit omnicide against, not so much.
There's a little bit of every horrible personality and ideals with each One Piece Villain besides maybe Katakuri, for example:
Im: As you've said, the heartless corporate self-proclaimed "deity" who does not care at all about anyone else, and will force people to suck them off if said people ever wish of living, it seems hard to dethrone such people..
Akainu: He may not actually be that bad he seems to just be heavily brainwashed, he may possibly be how Luffy would have ended up had he not seen just how cool and heroic some pirates can actually be.
Aramaki: Also a possibly heavily brainwashed servant of the World Government, who is very classist and thinks the Celestials are gods and everyone else is worthless and should worship them if they want to survive ( basically they directly passed on Im's views of the world ).
And a ton of the government workers and higher-ups are quite racist, and think of people like Fishmen as slaves who have no worth if they don't help them and serve them.
The World Government is practically a more powerful version of the KKK, quite honestly, and I really love how well Oda portrayed them, he REALLY makes them feel ruthless and unforgiving, a perfect parallel to real life corporate megalomaniacs.
And who is Lionel Suggs? If you don't mind me asking.

Last edited:
And who is Lionel Suggs? If you don't mind me asking.
One of the genuinely worst people in the powerscaling community as far as I am concerned. He basically has the world's most extreme supremacist god-complex, and has been completely committed to making it worse and worse and worse for the past 20 years or so.

Last edited:
Both are gonna jump Im at the end, T7 on Kaguya style- and then fight for the throne
No, stop trying to make One Piece be Naruto

Naruto and Sasuke were dual protagonists, Luffy and Blackbeard are not at all, Luffy is the MC who will always in the end 1v1 the big bad and get the win on his own. Luffy vs Kaidou proved this

Blackbeard's the moon
Luffy's the sun
Both are gonna jump Im at the end, T7 on Kaguya style- and then fight for the throne
Together they're the solar eclipse. I still really hope they don't team up.
Naruto and Sasuke were dual protagonists, Luffy and Blackbeard are not at all, Luffy is the MC who will always in the end 1v1 the big bad and get the win on his own. Luffy vs Kaidou proved this
Can't wait for the time when the narrator finally gives Luffy some epic hype like he did with Kaido

No, stop trying to make One Piece be Naruto

In reality BB's probably gonna do the thing he did to WB and show up after the fight's done to steal Im's ability after they lose to Luffy to start the final battle--- or vice versa. Im takes BB's power after he loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back