• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1059: "The Matter involving Captain Koby" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh so Oven actually hurt Katakuri. So is that an upgrade for Oven and Sanji or are they already the same lvl of AP as Katakuri?

Alright, the King-lookalike Seraphim made a yonko block with armament, noteworthy feat in my book. Now, how did Hancock get caught by him like that? She has kenbunshoku. She's quite fast. She also has lanky legs, important because if she was able to perform a swift haki kick to his.. "devil fruits"... he'd definitely stagger for a bit. Also can't she just use armament on her throat to make it harder for him to squeeze down on it?

The Seraphim appears to consist of three attributes so far:

1) The abilities of the Pacifista (cyborg body's, Kizaru's recreated laser beam)
2) The abilities of Lunarians (flight through wings, heightened durability, likely fire manipulation)
3) The likeness and skills of former Warlords (Mihawk's swordsmanship, possibly Jinbe's Fish-Man karate, etc.)

I think that there is a 4th element to the Seraphim that has yet to be revealed and it is to do with two areas of scientific research that we know the World Government and Vegapunk is involved in. Gigantification and Artificial Devil Fruits.

How are these two linked? Simple. Let's speculate that there is a Zoan devil fruit for giants; the Giant-Giant fruit. If there is a human-human fruit, why not?

We know that Vegapunk could recreate Kaido's Devil Fruit even if he considered it a failure. He's had years to work on it since then, and if he has gotten his hands of a Giant-Giant devil fruit, then he could succeed where Caesar has failed. By making copies of the Giant-Giant fruit, he can make an army of artificially gigantic individuals.

It's possible that the Seraphim, being Pacifista, wouldn't be considered true Devil Fruit users due to not being living people... but we also know that Vegapunk has the ability to put Zoan Devil Fruits into objects! These new cyborgs could simply have the artificial Zoan fruits put into them that way. So this will be the 4th attribute of what makes the Seraphim so powerful:

4) The abilities of the Giants (immense size and strength)

These flying children versions of the Seven Warlords seem scary now? Imagine them grown to the size of a giant as they fly around shooting laser beams.
so true

Alright, the King-lookalike Seraphim made a yonko block with armament, noteworthy feat in my book. Now, how did Hancock get caught by him like that? She has kenbunshoku. She's quite fast. She also has lanky legs, important because if she was able to perform a swift haki kick to his.. "devil fruits"... he'd definitely stagger for a bit. Also can't she just use armament on her throat to make it harder for him to squeeze down on it?
maybe his haki is stronger

The Seraphim appears to consist of three attributes so far:

1) The abilities of the Pacifista (cyborg body's, Kizaru's recreated laser beam)
2) The abilities of Lunarians (flight through wings, heightened durability, likely fire manipulation)
3) The likeness and skills of former Warlords (Mihawk's swordsmanship, possibly Jinbe's Fish-Man karate, etc.)

I think that there is a 4th element to the Seraphim that has yet to be revealed and it is to do with two areas of scientific research that we know the World Government and Vegapunk is involved in. Gigantification and Artificial Devil Fruits.

How are these two linked? Simple. Let's speculate that there is a Zoan devil fruit for giants; the Giant-Giant fruit. If there is a human-human fruit, why not?

We know that Vegapunk could recreate Kaido's Devil Fruit even if he considered it a failure. He's had years to work on it since then, and if he has gotten his hands of a Giant-Giant devil fruit, then he could succeed where Caesar has failed. By making copies of the Giant-Giant fruit, he can make an army of artificially gigantic individuals.

It's possible that the Seraphim, being Pacifista, wouldn't be considered true Devil Fruit users due to not being living people... but we also know that Vegapunk has the ability to put Zoan Devil Fruits into objects! These new cyborgs could simply have the artificial Zoan fruits put into them that way. So this will be the 4th attribute of what makes the Seraphim so powerful:

4) The abilities of the Giants (immense size and strength)

These flying children versions of the Seven Warlords seem scary now? Imagine them grown to the size of a giant as they fly around shooting laser beams.
This is literally Attack on Titan + Gundam + Junji Ito Horror combined like holy f*** dude

I have a theory. What if Wang Zhi has a type of power reliant on the people around him, perhaps like Moria or Smoothie's, or he can control them like Doflamingo, but since Koby was able to evacuate the people before he could use his powers and he was unable to feed off of them and got captured/killed by Blackbeard in their fight? Come to think of it a better way to put it is that he has an ability a little similar to Big Mom's but was unable to use it since nobody but Blackbeard was in the area anymore.

Also, is Oven damaging Katakuri in the cover a valid feat for Oven?

Speaking of, I'm really bummed Ceasar Clown ruined the Germa vs Katakuri fight.

Did Boa do any actual AP feats this chapter?
Uh, no, don't think so, just her usual love arrows. So, Blackbeard snatching Hancock and holding her by her throat, will that be added to his page? She has observation and is quite agile but he manages to get to her and grab her throat before she could properly react.

Did Boa do any actual AP feats this chapter?
Nothing really, Koby was damaged either by her or someone weaker than her and the best she got was Teach saying this about her "It seems they call you “Empress” for a reason!" after she used Perfume Femur.

Last edited:
Uh, no, don't think so, just her usual love arrows. So, Blackbeard snatching Hancock and holding her by her throat, will that be added to his page? She has observation and is quite agile but he manages to get to her and grab her throat before she could properly react.
He might have used his gravity to pull her in. It's not a speed feat.

He might have used his gravity to pull her in. It's not a speed feat.
right, forgot about his gravity.
Nothing really, Koby was damaged either by her or someone weaker than her and the best she got was Teach saying this about her "It seems they call you “Empress” for a reason!" after she used Perfume Femur.
I mean, he had to hold her by her neck and power null her, so that shows he's clearly a little afraid of her strength and ability.

I mean, he had to hold her by her neck and power null her, so that shows he's clearly a little afraid of her strength and ability.
I think he's more afraid of her devil fruit power honestly, it might support her being on his tier of speed though as he was certain if he let go she would turn him and Koby to stone which probably isn't possible if she was significantly slower like their current speed ratings suggest.

but it also does seem like they fought briefly off-screen before holding her by the neck as she's also bleeding from her forehead which would suggest she took a hit from him (she wasn't damaged before her encounter with BB)

I think he's more afraid of her devil fruit power honestly, it might support her being on his tier of speed though as he was certain if he let go she would turn him and Koby to stone which probably isn't possible if she was significantly slower like their current speed ratings suggest.

but it also does seem like they fought briefly off-screen before holding her by the neck as she's also bleeding from her forehead which would suggest she took a hit from him (she wasn't damaged before her encounter with BB)
she has a quite minor like, "scratch", on her face when she's first shown in the chokehold. and her mouth is bleeding, which is more notable. So yeah he probably attacked her beforehand, to do a sort of 1-2 combo hit, but if so then this means he punched her then choked her, somehow Hancock was only slightly bleeding out of her mouth and had a little scratch on her head from that punch, honestly a little impressive considering that was a punch from a Yonko, that probably had his df infused in it ( y'know, to pull her closer to it so she can't dodge, since you did point out he is confident that she's as fast as him ). We know she's highly likely to have advanced armament as her sisters have it, and probably on a better scale than her sisters as she's overall better and stronger than them at combat and basically everything, so here's my question: Why couldn't she just kick him with advanced armament and, if she has internal destruction, bust his thighs/legs?

God ******* damn, I did not expect Oda to fix his mistakes from 1057, but he did. Gave a valid ass reason as to why Yamato decided to stay in Wano and had show real proper developement. Luffy and Marco also got to talk before they left Wano. Hell I half expected Zoro to visit Ryuma's Grave in a flashback here with all the fixing. Oda really soured Wano for me in the last chapter only to fix it and clear my issues with it 2 chapters later. What a chad. The Seraphim. Boa and BB's interactions and new bounties. Rayleigh being hype. And so much more.

11/10 chapter easily

Blackbeard when he sees Hancock is about to use her df ability ( he couldn't compete with a warlord despite being a yonko and his haki isn't good enough for him to resist a df ability with it so he has to hold her by her throat like a wimp)

Another fire chapter!

As Darkvie already mentioned, Hancock still looked pretty strong in this chapter, but was up against a Yonko.

Chibi Hawk and Chibi Hancock are hype! I can't wait to see the rest!

As for Shakky being a former Kuja Pirate, I remember reading that theory somewhere before, so it's pretty cool to see actually turn out to be true.

God ******* damn, I did not expect Oda to fix his mistakes from 1057, but he did. Gave a valid ass reason as to why Yamato decided to stay in Wano and had show real proper developement. Luffy and Marco also got to talk before they left Wano. Hell I half expected Zoro to visit Ryuma's Grave in a flashback here with all the fixing. Oda really soured Wano for me in the last chapter only to fix it and clear my issues with it 2 chapters later. What a chad. The Seraphim. Boa and BB's interactions and new bounties. Rayleigh being hype. And so much more.

11/10 chapter easily
See? Never judged earlier before next chapters came

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back