• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1059: "The Matter involving Captain Koby" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
God ******* damn, I did not expect Oda to fix his mistakes from 1057, but he did. Gave a valid ass reason as to why Yamato decided to stay in Wano and had show real proper developement. Luffy and Marco also got to talk before they left Wano. Hell I half expected Zoro to visit Ryuma's Grave in a flashback here with all the fixing. Oda really soured Wano for me in the last chapter only to fix it and clear my issues with it 2 chapters later. What a chad. The Seraphim. Boa and BB's interactions and new bounties. Rayleigh being hype. And so much more.

11/10 chapter easily
Funnily enough, this chapter actually worsened Yamato's situation for me compared to before.

Now Yamato isn't staying for their own reason and to continue their own adventures; but just to protect Wano even though they want to be a Straw Hat pirate.

Rayleigh admitting he would have lost is weird but makes sense. The way I see it, Blackbeard COULD win in his mind but he also doesn't like the chance of losing. He probably wouldn't want to risk a fight that has any odds that aren't entirely in his favor.
It's a good strat I won't like. He acts like a real pirate.
And Hancock is actually genius, turning his crew to stone just to use them as hostages if she's caught

Rayleigh admitting he would have lost is weird but makes sense. The way I see it, Blackbeard COULD win in his mind but he also doesn't like the chance of losing. He probably wouldn't want to risk a fight that has any odds that aren't entirely in his favor.
And Hancock is actually genius, turning his crew to stone just to use them as hostages if she's caught
He's against the Seraphim, Hancock ( once he lets her free ), Koby, and Rayleigh, if he chooses to fight. I doubt even Blackbeard could win a battle like that. Deadass only Luffy, Kaidou, and Big Mom ( and people comparable to their speed and power ) could due to having abilities that let them resist Hancock's ability or quickly sidestep it or blitz her before she blitzes them.

I don't think Haki can resist Hancock's devil fruit abilities.
Even still, Luffy is resistant, Kaidou can simply sidestep, and so can Big Mom. The latter 2 know to dodge because they've very likely heard of her before and know how dangerous her powers are. Blackbeard said it best. No man ( probably man as in the overall term, basically " no human can " ) can avoid her power. Though Luffy is an exception

Even still, Luffy is resistant, Kaidou can simply sidestep, and so can Big Mom. The latter 2 know to dodge because they've very likely heard of her before and know how dangerous her powers are. Blackbeard said it best. No man ( probably man as in the overall term, basically " no human can " ) can avoid her power. Though Luffy is an exception
Not even cannonballs, robots and SNAILS can survive her ability somehow. And I'm pretty sure none of those three are attracted to her-
I'm pretty sure the only reason her ability doesn't work on Luffy is because she loves him, not that he doesn't feel attraction to her.

Blackbeard was also basically outnumbered. Rayleigh and Shakky showed up to fight on the side of Hancock and if push came to shove, Koby too would have joined with them against Blackbeard. He was in a bad situation

Hancock's ability doesn't work on Luffy since before she started liking him
I recall her first trying it in the bath, no? That's after Luffy showed himself to be honorable and 'better than most men' by choosing her crew over his. There could have been feelings there

Not even cannonballs, robots and SNAILS can survive her ability somehow. And I'm pretty sure none of those three are attracted to her-
I'm pretty sure the only reason her ability doesn't work on Luffy is because she loves him, not that he doesn't feel attraction to her.
Nah it wasn't because of her love for him, he just wasn't attracted to her at the moment I guess. And what I'm trying to say is, Kaidou and Big Mom are fast enough and have good enough observation to predict the attack and side step.

I recall her first trying it in the bath, no? That's after Luffy showed himself to be honorable and 'better than most men' by choosing her crew over his. There could have been feelings there
yeah luffy got shoot by her meru meru beam while she was naked in the bathroom , this happened pre timeskip.

Rules for using the Mero Mero no Mi on people may be different when used on inanimate objects.
I recall the post of it working differently per user too. If Kaido had it, he'd turn people to stone through terror. If Blackbeard had it, he'd turn them to stone via feeling repulsed/hateful towards him.
It's less 'love' and more just emotion based to the user

I recall the post of it working differently per user too. If Kaido had it, he'd turn people to stone through terror. If Blackbeard had it, he'd turn them to stone via feeling repulsed/hateful towards him.
It's less 'love' and more just emotion based to the user
Pretty sure that's fake.

Given the context this is hilariously accurate

FcOkkHaWIAE_hj-

So now World Government can create an army made up of every warlords they ever had (or at least before the timeskip), fully loyal to them?

No wonder Im-sama allowed the dissolution of the Warlord System itself, it was made technically obsolete.

So now World Government can create an army made up of every warlords they ever had (or at least before the timeskip), fully loyal to them?

No wonder Im-sama allowed the dissolution of the Warlords.
My theory is that there won't be a Blackbeard Seraphim as he was a Warlord for too short a span of time.

My theory is that there won't be a Blackbeard Seraphim as he was a Warlord for too short a span of time.
Probably.

I think its fair to assume the new Pacifistas will only be based on the original Warlords meaning no Blackbeard, Buggy, Weevil or Law.

Probably.

I think its fair to assume the new Pacifistas will only be based on the original Warlords meaning no Blackbeard, Buggy, Weevil or Law.
Buggy at least was a Warlord for two years; that might be long enough for him to have Seraphim. Unknown exactly for Law and Weevil.

So do you guys think there will be an army of these Seraphims? Or do you think they are a one of a kind deal and that there will only be one Seraphim for each of the warlords?

Also do you guys think these Seraphims have wills of their own and will rebel? Cause from the looks of this chapter these Seraphims seemingly have emotions of their own. The Mihawk Seraphim was making a somewhat angry face as Blackbeard blocked his attack and the Hancock Seraphim was pretty much smirking as she blasted others.

BB during Marineford: Challenged both Garp & Sengoku with no fear. Like Rayleigh they've got a great reputation from the old era; but unlike him they hadn't retired yet thus making them likely less rusty than him in combat. BB just got the Quake Fruit & didn't have the Dark Fruit for that long. Keep in mind Kizaru, Aokiji & the Vice Admirals were just stomping fodders & could hop in at any time before Shanks arrived.

BB after Marineford: Despite him & his crew being at full health, he runs away when Akainu shows up.

BB at Amazon Lily: He has Boa in a chokehold while she's slightly injured beforehand & didn't seem that concerned of Coby, even kidnapped him. The Kuja Pirates wouldn't do anything since Luffy fought them pretty well pre-timeskip. Shakky & Rayleigh(who's older than WB at the time of his death & was Kizaru level pre-timeskip) forced BB to release Boa & made him, 2 of his commanders & a vice admiral retreet just with his rep.

:unsure:Prime Shakky+Rayleigh>Prime Garp+Sengoku in reputation?

BB during Marineford: Challenged both Garp & Sengoku with no fear. Like Rayleigh they've got a great reputation from the old era; but unlike him they hadn't retired yet thus making them likely less rusty than him in combat. BB just got the Quake Fruit & didn't have the Dark Fruit for that long. Keep in mind Kizaru, Aokiji & the Vice Admirals were just stomping fodders & could hop in at any time before Shanks arrived.

BB after Marineford: Despite him & his crew being at full health, he runs away when Akainu shows up.

BB at Amazon Lily: He has Boa in a chokehold while she's slightly injured beforehand & didn't seem that concerned of Coby, even kidnapped him. The Kuja Pirates wouldn't do anything since Luffy fought them pretty well pre-timeskip. Shakky & Rayleigh(who's older than WB at the time of his death & was Kizaru level pre-timeskip) forced BB to release Boa & made him, 2 of his commanders & a vice admiral retreet just with his rep.

:unsure:Prime Shakky+Rayleigh>Prime Garp+Sengoku in reputation?
that definitely is the implication. It's either that or he was too high on power in marineford to think straight. But Rayleigh saying his reputation is what drove an already bloodlusted BB away definitely adds to his rep

Seriously it’s not that hard to understand.

Blackbeard ran away because he thought Rayleigh was still as strong as he was in his prime. And Blackbeard can’t simultaneously take on Prime Rayleigh, Shakky, the Seraphims, and everybody else while holding onto Hancock. And once Hancock is loose she can literally just petrify him with her attacks. So the best thing he could do here is to agree to the ceasefire and get his crew back before leaving. Cause otherwise even if he did win he wouldn’t have been able to leave without suffering some heavy injuries.

So rather than just Rayleigh’s reputation it’s more so a combination of the situation they were in with his reputation that made Blackbeard decide to retreat.

Last edited:
I think Blackbeard was just getting carried away at Marineford. If Akainu had been opposite him instead of Sengoku and Garp at the time, I'm sure he would still have carried on fighting and trying to sink the island.

Did they say that the Seraphim were the SSG by the way? It'd be funny if SSG is still somehow not revealed and the Seraphim are just a vegapunk project that's been worked on ever since the shichibukais initially were formed

SSG stands for Special Science Group. Pretty sure it’s just the name of the science group led by Vegapunk that create weapons for the government.

Seriously it’s not that hard to understand.

Blackbeard ran away because he thought Rayleigh was still as strong as he was in his prime. And Blackbeard can’t simultaneously take on Prime Rayleigh, Shakky, the Seraphims, and everybody else while holding onto Hancock. And once Hancock is loose she can literally just petrify him with her attacks. So the best thing he could do here is to agree to the ceasefire and get his crew back before leaving. Cause otherwise even if he did win he wouldn’t have been able to leave without suffering some heavy injuries.
BB made it clear he could kill Boa right there & then. Coby stopped the Seraphims so they would not risk killing the pertified people & BB could incapacitate him thus leaving nobody to command the Seraphims. These leave only (supposably prime) Shakky & Rayleigh as the only real threats for him.
that definitely is the implication. It's either that or he was too high on power in marineford to think straight. But Rayleigh saying his reputation is what drove an already bloodlusted BB away definitely adds to his rep
I think Blackbeard was just getting carried away at Marineford. If Akainu had been opposite him instead of Sengoku and Garp at the time, I'm sure he would still have carried on fighting and trying to sink the island.
If that's the case shouldn't we mention/rewrite this in his page? His current justifiaction makes it look like he's>Sengoku+Garp.

BB made it clear he could kill Boa right there & then. Coby stopped the Seraphims so they would not risk killing the pertified people & BB could incapacitate him thus leaving nobody to command the Seraphims. These leave only (supposably prime) Shakky & Rayleigh as the only real threats for him.

If that's the case shouldn't we mention/rewrite this in his page? His current justifiaction makes it look like he's>Sengoku+Garp.
thing is, he's still comparable. I just think when he's thinking straight he wouldn't want to run the risk of losing or sustaining to great of an injury. He still CLASHED and took a hit from Sengoku and stood up laughing iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back