• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1059: "The Matter involving Captain Koby" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
idk why people talking about Resisting Hancock Power as if She doesn't have other ways of turning you to stone
like if Mero Mero fails Slave Arrow or Perfume Femur will get the job done

I realized in the panel where Teach mentions the rocky port incident that we see Luffy's picture in the background.
This might imply Amazon Lily is lowkey his territory and Blackbeard just attacked it. Surprised Teach and Coby didn't mention it tbh

I realized in the panel where Teach mentions the rocky port incident that we see Luffy's picture in the background.
This might imply Amazon Lily is lowkey his territory and Blackbeard just attacked it. Surprised Teach and Coby didn't mention it tbh

Hancock put up a giant version of Luffy's bounty picture for her to swoon over. Luffy didn't declare Amazon Lily his territory.

Hancock put up a giant version of Luffy's bounty picture for her to swoon over. Luffy didn't declare Amazon Lily his territory.
True that. But it's still a surprise neither Coby nor Teach mentioned his face being on that island.

I'm pretty sure we get to see that giant Luffy pic in Amazon Lily beforehand in a coverstory sometime between Dressrosa & Reverie.

Here is my theory on BB this chapter
so its highly possible that Teach stole one of the SSG weapons coz he did Black hole either the Kid Hancock or Mihawk (I saw kid Mihawk after the Black hole attack but its not 100% him coz he had no sword but either way its one of them) and one of the reasons he kidnaped Koby is to control the SSG and make BB learn about them (like calling the navy to take some info from them about SSG) and the other reason is to draw luffy into it coz BB clearly saw the huge ass luffy picture on the building.
This will make BB even more dangerous for the Government coz he already knows the secret of the SSG and maybe....maybe even makes one somehow but it might be reaching tho.
(edit) oh also if BB stole Kid hawk who knows MIhawk sword skills then this will make Shiryu knows big chunks of hawk's skills and it might be bad for Hawk
(even tho I dont like shiryu killing hawk but its possible)

Last edited:
My friend made a really good point about Fujitora:
Fujitora: "The Warlord System is an abomination."
Also Fujitora: "Ah, mass-produced child-soldier-clones of the world's most powerful warriors, hybridized with DNA from a Lunarian who you forcefully experimented on for years, and thoroughly brainwashed? You are truly a blessing upon humanity, Doctor Vegapunk."

If I'm not mistaken there was a vice admiral who managed to counter the effects of the mero² no mi with determination not to be affected by Hamcock's beauty

My friend made a really good point about Fujitora:
Fujitora: "The Warlord System is an abomination."
Also Fujitora: "Ah, mass-produced child-soldier-clones of the world's most powerful warriors, hybridized with DNA from a Lunarian who you forcefully experimented on for years, and thoroughly brainwashed? You are truly a blessing upon humanity, Doctor Vegapunk."
Even i think Fujitora didn't know exactly what those new weapons are, but still i get this point lel

One of the ideas that the community brought up was the idea that if the Seraphim were still mostly organic (modified of course), then it might be possible that they have an accelerated growth rate. So the kids we see now could very well grow up by the time of the final war.

Like imagine the WG sent the Seraphim out prematurely to see how well they perform (which we saw how strong they were with the Seraphim boy), they perform well like we saw, and then they grow up and become even stronger.

It might seem like I'm wanking them them, and I'm honestly not trying to overhype them, but it's entirely possible that the WG (specifically Vegapunk) might have manufactured their own Yonko level warriors.

I wanna see the revolutionary army dealing with the Seraphim. Easy way to show their worth while also showing the worth of the Seraphim via having the revs high diff them.

The level where Marco, King, Katakuri, Zoro, and overall 2nd strongest from each group scaled, naratively, out this site.
Marco and King are above Katakuri. Zoro too. The 1st commander lvl thing is just made from the fanbase which is a bad scaling system cuz Katakuri doesnt scale to any of them. Kata is called The Strongest Sweet Commander, King is called An All Star, Beckman The Right Hand and Vice Captain, Marco the 1st commander

I feel like there's now 2 levels of 1-petaton people in OP.

Those that can keep up with, hurt, and tank hits from the Yonko but not truly equal one (Kid, Zoro, Law, King, arguably Yamato)

And those who are Yonko level to the fullest (Kaido, BM, Luffy).

Marco is somewhere in-between.

I got a question: based on Rayleigh's wording, does he imply that he'd be capable of taking on and possibly defeating Blackbeard if he was in his prime? Or does he just generally say that Blackbeard had become so powerful that Rayleigh couldn't defeat him no matter what. If it's the former, then I feel that should be listed as a feat for Prime Rayleigh. Something like, "Implied to be capable of fighting against Blackbeard in his prime."

I got a question: based on Rayleigh's wording, does he imply that he'd be capable of taking on and possibly defeating Blackbeard if he was in his prime? Or does he just generally say that Blackbeard had become so powerful that Rayleigh couldn't defeat him no matter what. If it's the former, then I feel that should be listed as a feat for Prime Rayleigh. Something like, "Implied to be capable of fighting against Blackbeard in his prime."
Yeah I think he meant he could beat him or match him in his prime but in his old age he can't ( even though he seems just fine and doesn't have any noted illnesses despite being like 77 )

So Blackbeard can block a slash that cut a mountain by using armament, not an insane durability feat especially for this series but it's notable. Then again, it's clear his raw durability won't be his main asset when he fights Luffy, his sheer intelligence and trickiness probably will. We haven't had a villain based of just raw intelligence in harmony with their strength and coordination since Doflamingo or possibly Katakuri.

He says because of his old age he's certain to lose in a head-to-head battle with Blackbeard. So whether he wins when younger is ambiguous, but it's definitely not a certainty that he'd lose either.

So will Hancock be upgraded to 6-A? Will she get a pre-timeskip and post-timeskip key, or are we just going to assume that her 6-A strength applies for her pre-timeskip key as well? Cuz she didn't really get any true 6-A feats during this fight. She wasn't shown fighting against any of the new Pacifistas, and the only arguable feat was withstanding being held at choke-point by Blackbeard. I feel that's potentially debatable evidence, since Teach could've easily just been holding back as he wouldn't want to lose such a powerful Devil Fruit. What's the consensus on that?

Yeah, Rayleigh believes he could possibly beat current Blackbeard if he was in his prime. To think that Rayleigh can beat someone who has two of the OPest DFs in the series, it is really something. I guess it further adds that Haki is much more important than Devil Fruits.

So will Hancock be upgraded to 6-A? Will she get a pre-timeskip and post-timeskip key, or are we just going to assume that her 6-A strength applies for her pre-timeskip key as well? Cuz she didn't really get any true 6-A feats during this fight. She wasn't shown fighting against any of the new Pacifistas, and the only arguable feat was withstanding being held at choke-point by Blackbeard. I feel that's potentially debatable evidence, since Teach could've easily just been holding back as he wouldn't want to lose such a powerful Devil Fruit. What's the consensus on that?
I feel like pre-timeskip she's too featless to bother giving a key anyways. Kinda like we don't have pre timeskip keys for the supernovas anymore, or pre-Wano Kinemon

That slash cut the entirety of the island down to the base. Or.. Well, from one side of the mountain until the end of the island. Seraphims are scary, and to think this is just the first display-
I don't think it did but I'm not sure and I don't feel like going to the chapter and looking so hit me up at 8AM and we can dispute whether or not it actually did that.

I don't think it did but I'm not sure and I don't feel like going to the chapter and looking so hit me up at 8AM and we can dispute whether or not it actually did that.
That slash cut the entirety of the island down to the base. Or.. Well, from one side of the mountain until the end of the island. Seraphims are scary, and to think this is just the first display-

well it's 8AM, I'm ready to dispute those claims. So looking at the panels, it seems the Mihawk/King Seraphim only cut part of the main mountain with the 3 snake heads on it, leaving only 2 snake heads fully in tact. Seems like a basic mountain level slash, might have been a full power cut though... contrary to the real Mihawk casually cutting a big iceberg in half.

well it's 8AM, I'm ready to dispute those claims. So looking at the panels, it seems the Mihawk/King Seraphim only cut part of the main mountain with the 3 snake heads on it, leaving only 2 snake heads fully in tact. Seems like a basic mountain level slash, might have been a full power cut though... contrary to the real Mihawk casually cutting a big iceberg in half.
Screenshot_42.jpg

Screenshot_32.jpg

The cut extends all the way to the edge of the island. You can see a giant fissure between the two mountains at the front. Lunarian Hawk basically created a river path. There's even a white highlight that travels with the mountain cut all the way down to it to show how big that slash actually is

Screenshot_42.jpg

Screenshot_32.jpg

The cut extends all the way to the edge of the island. You can see a giant fissure between the two mountains at the front. Lunarian Hawk basically created a river path. There's even a white highlight that travels with the mountain cut all the way down to it to show how big that slash actually is
So the Seraphim did a like, medium-large mountain level slash, basically Dressrosa Zoro level. Not too shabby for a pacifista but I don't see how that'd be a replacement for the warlords.

So the Seraphim did a like, medium-large mountain level slash, basically Dressrosa Zoro level. Not too shabby for a pacifista but I don't see how that'd be a replacement for the warlords.
Considering the mountain size and the width of the island (since it travelled seemingly from behind the mountain to halfway across the island and rended it completely through instead of just the surface) I'd say it's a good bit more impressive than Zoro's slash.
Probably comparable to Mihawk with the iceberg. It's definitely a massive upgrade from the older Pacifista, and considering this is just a first showing of a slash that was mostly blocked by Blackbeard.. I'd say they're still good enough replacements for one or two of the older warlords.

Now... Because we know Kaido was also experimented on- It makes you wonder if taking his dragon DNA was all they did, or if we'll see a Kaido Seraphim with the dragon ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back