• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1053: "New Emperors" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never wrote that. Maybe you should learn to read.
Alabasta is stated to be an island. Wtf, are you dumb? I was not trying not to throw out insults, but you are bringing this on yourself.
My brother in christ I have already stated that the One Piece world is considerably bigger than our's. Alabasta may be an island to them, but for us it's basically a country/continent. It's absolutely ginormous for us. An ant mound in their world would probably be the size of a house for us.

1) Alabasta isn't stated to be an island. It's stated to be on an island.
And no. You're acting like Alabasta is the average island. Literally every single island we've seen that we have ways to find out its size is smaller than Alabasta.
Skypiea, smaller than Alabasta. Zou, smaller than Alabasta. Punk Hazard, smaller than Alabasta. Jaya, smaller than Alabasta. Every island in Totto Land, smaller than Alabasta. Thriller Bark, smaller than Alabasta. Marineford, smaller than Alabasta. Cactus island, smaller than Alabasta. Onigashima, smaller than Alabasta.
Alabasta's river is larger than the height of the atmosphere up to Skypiea. It's larger than the Red Line.
Literally every single island we've seen is smaller than Alabasta. Most of them are even smaller than Alburnia alone, much less the river, much less the entire island.

2) A continent and an island have no correlation in size. Antarctica is an island. Australia is an island. Any body of land fully surrounded by water is an island.

3) Yeah, which is why they call it "Eurasia". They share a tectonic plate and they also share land. The only reason why they aren't considered a single continent is because of things like their collective culture, not because of their sizes.

4) Canon statement. Don't get smart. They have no individual names because we haven't explored them. They have their own seasons. Their own heights. Their own widths.

5) It was considered to be a big deal because someone broke it in half, not because it was ridiculously large to the point where Sandy Island looked up to it. That's like me saying Kaidou lifting Onigashima is serious in the series because it's an island. It's serious because Kaidou lifted it.

6) "The fact is that a continent is bigger than an island".
One Piece's planet isn't our planet. We don't have greenland, australia, russia, any of those. We have our own bodies of land.
So the real world continents being bigger than islands do not mean jack shit to this completely different planets.
"Continents are bigger than islands".
1. Continents can be islands.
2. Our continents are bigger than our islands. That does not correlate into a completely different planet.
^

I genuinely couldn't care less about this argument if you payed me, but let's calm down on the insults and toxicity. Otherwise there's a very good chance of getting kicked off the forum.

Keep in mind, I'm an incredibly toxic person. But even I'd be hard pressed to go out of my way to insult something as benign as this.

Literally every single island we've seen is smaller than Alabasta. Most of them are even smaller than Alburnia alone, much less the river, much less the entire island.
In Oda's sketched/illustrated map there's those huge islands that dwarve every island in the grandline (and the grandline's width itself for some) and I really hope we get to see some of those-
Wano might be the only island to rival alabasta in size, but I'm expecting elbaf to be huge, considering it houses giants and all.

I genuinely couldn't care less about this argument if you payed me, but let's calm down on the insults and toxicity. Otherwise there's a very good chance of getting kicked off the forum.

Keep in mind, I'm an incredibly toxic person. But even I'd be hard pressed to go out of my way to insult something as benign as this.
tbf only one of us is using insults, but I get your point. I'll tone it down, and I assume the other 2 will do the same of course.

In Oda's sketched/illustrated map there's those huge islands that dwarve every island in the grandline (and the grandline's width itself for some) and I really hope we get to see some of those-
Wano might be the only island to rival alabasta in size, but I'm expecting elbaf to be huge, considering it houses giants and all.
Elbaf has that really ******* big tree, too. It's actually bazonkers. Elbaf has some serious morning wood..

Alabasta got a river Zunesha can sleep in and you wanna tell me it's average

Alabasta's river can fit 5 Zous width wise alone and you wanna tell me it's the average island

Edit: Don't we have Alabasta larger than Russia?

1) Alabasta isn't stated to be an island. It's stated to be on an island.
And no. You're acting like Alabasta is the average island. Literally every single island we've seen that we have ways to find out its size is smaller than Alabasta.
Skypiea, smaller than Alabasta. Zou, smaller than Alabasta. Punk Hazard, smaller than Alabasta. Jaya, smaller than Alabasta. Every island in Totto Land, smaller than Alabasta. Thriller Bark, smaller than Alabasta. Marineford, smaller than Alabasta. Cactus island, smaller than Alabasta. Onigashima, smaller than Alabasta.
Alabasta's river is larger than the height of the atmosphere up to Skypiea. It's larger than the Red Line.

2) A continent and an island have no correlation in size. Antarctica is an island. Australia is an island. Any body of land fully surrounded by water is an island.

3) Yeah, which is why they call it "Eurasia". They share a tectonic plate and they also share land. The only reason why they aren't considered a single continent is because of things like their collective culture, not because of their sizes.

4) Canon statement. Don't get smart. They have no individual names because we haven't explored them. They have their own seasons. Their own heights. Their own widths.

5) It was considered to be a big deal because someone broke it in half, not because it was ridiculously large to the point where Sandy Island looked up to it. That's like me saying Kaidou lifting Onigashima is serious in the series because it's an island. It's serious because Kaidou lifted it.

6) "The fact is that a continent is bigger than an island".
One Piece's planet isn't our planet. We don't have greenland, australia, russia, any of those. We have our own bodies of land.
So the real world continents being bigger than islands do not mean jack shit to this completely different planets.
"Continents are bigger than islands".
1. Continents can be islands.
2. Our continents are bigger than our islands. That does not correlate into a completely different planet.
1) The Sandy Island is an island lol. You aren’t proving me wrong, you are only proving me right. Doesn’t matter if it is or isn’t average. The smallest continent in our world is 4x bigger than the largest island. Since you love to keep using Antarctica (the second smallest), it is 6.46x larger than the largest island. Lol at this argument.
2) Lol already proved this wrong. And many sites would disagree, but continue.
3) Still not proving me wrong. Asia and Europe are still individually classified as continents. Yes, they share the same landmass, but clearly there is more to it than that. But they do share a single commonality: they are both way bigger than islands.
4) So? It is still considered a continent and is collectively shown as such on every map in One Piece.
5) STILL stated to be a continent. Fail to see where you disprove that.
6) Lol you cannot be serious with that last argument. I can debunk it in so many ways. But I am just going to write that you are basically saying that “terms” for landmasses are completely meaningless and that a “continent” is smaller than an “island”, is that correct? Lol. The “sea” is still the “sea”. The ocean is still the ocean. The islands are still islands. No term has had their definition changed, but now magically due to the headcanon of some genuises, a continent is smaller than an island??? Lol.

My brother in christ I have already stated that the One Piece world is considerably bigger than our's. Alabasta may be an island to them, but for us it's basically a country/continent. It's absolutely ginormous for us. An ant mound in their world would probably be the size of a house for us.
That is literally not the point I am making which why I said what I said, but I already said that I would chill on the insults. An island may be continent sized to US, but it is an ISLAND to THEM. A Continent to them, therefore, is bigger than OUR continent as it should be, by definition, larger than an ISLAND. That is what I am writing.

Alabasta got a river Zunesha can sleep in and you wanna tell me it's average

Alabasta's river can fit 5 Zous width wise alone and you wanna tell me it's the average island

Edit: Don't we have Alabasta larger than Russia?
When did I write that it was “average”? I wrote that we don’t know its size compared to EVERY island in One Piece. It may be massive, but it is considered to be an ISLAND to them. What does that say about what they consider to be a CONTINENT???

Chongus-tree
upta3s0e9xz71.png

Super giga background tree that strangely enough seems to have similiar patterns to the sunlight tree
3updt6wc9xz71.png

I'm so excited about elbaf words can't express it

That is literally not the point I am making which why I said what I said, but I already said that I would chill on the insults. An island may be continent sized to US, but it is an ISLAND to THEM. A Continent to them, therefore, is bigger than OUR continent as it should be, by definition, larger than an ISLAND. That is what I am writing.
So basically you just made the point that we did??

I think there is a complete misunderstanding about what I am writing. An island in One Piece can be larger than a continent in our world. That isn’t my argument. But an island in their world being larger than a continent in their world is just absurd headcanon. I am not even trying to argue this for scaling or tier purposes. I am literally just arguing definitions.

1) The Sandy Island is an island lol. You aren’t proving me wrong, you are only proving me right. Doesn’t matter if it is or isn’t average. The smallest continent in our world is 4x bigger than the largest island. Since you love to keep using Antarctica (the second smallest), it is 6.46x larger than the largest island. Lol at this argument.
Alabasta is literally 500 times bigger than some of the other islands in the grand line. What are you even saying.

Russia is the largest country in the world. Larger than Antarctica, Australia, South America, and a deep breath from South America. Sandy Island is larger.

What makes an Island an Island is that it is surrounded fully on all sides by water, which Sandy Island is.
2) Lol already proved this wrong. And many sites would disagree, but continue.
You didn't prove it wrong at all.
3) Still not proving me wrong. Asia and Europe are still individually classified as continents. Yes, they share the same landmass, but clearly there is more to it than that. But they do share a single commonality: they are both way bigger than islands.
They are classified as continents because of their distinct historical, cultural, and political identity. Not because of their size.
They aren't individually islands because they aren't fully surrounded by water.
4) So? It is still considered a continent and is collectively shown as such on every map in One Piece.
My point is that what qualifies something as a continent isn't "it's bigger than a bunch of islands".
5) STILL stated to be a continent. Fail to see where you disprove that.
Did I say it's not a continent?
Quote where I said it wasn't.
6) Lol you cannot be serious with that last argument. I can debunk it in so many ways. But I am just going to write that you are basically saying that “terms” for landmasses are completely meaningless and that a “continent” is smaller than an “island”, is that correct? Lol. The “sea” is still the “sea”. The ocean is still the ocean. The islands are still islands. No term has had their definition changed, but now magically due to the headcanon of some genuises, a continent is smaller than an island??? Lol.
Seas and Oceans aren't continents and islands. Seas and Oceans directly have size comparisons in their definitions. Continents and islands aren't.
Until you have a genuine valid source that says that continents are continents because they are bigger than islands, your entire argument is headcanon.

Alabasta is literally 500 times bigger than some of the other islands in the grand line. What are you even saying.

Russia is the largest country in the world. Larger than Antarctica, Australia, South America, and a deep breath from South America. Sandy Island is larger.

What makes an Island an Island is that it is surrounded fully on all sides by water, which Sandy Island is.

You didn't prove it wrong at all.

They are classified as continents because of their distinct historical, cultural, and political identity. Not because of their size.
They aren't individually islands because they aren't fully surrounded by water.

My point is that what qualifies something as a continent isn't "it's bigger than a bunch of islands".

Did I say it's not a continent?
Quote where I said it wasn't.

Seas and Oceans aren't continents and islands. Seas and Oceans directly have size comparisons in their definitions. Continents and islands aren't.
Until you have a genuine valid source that says that continents are continents because they are bigger than islands, your entire argument is headcanon.
We can settle it like this: name a single island that is bigger than what is classified as a continent.
Prove that what we classify as an Island can be bigger than what we classify as a Continent. No need for super long back and forths. Prove it via example. Show me an island bigger than a continent that isn’t also considered a continent. I’ll wait.

I was just judging off of what you had said in that message..
My argument hasn’t changed. That is why I am still arguing with KingTempest. You simply misunderstood. I apologize for coming at your intellect, but you came at mine first. It seems that this misunderstanding is finished and we both pretty much agree.

My argument hasn’t changed. That is why I am still arguing with KingTempest. You simply misunderstood. I apologize for coming at your intellect, but you came at mine first. It seems that this misunderstanding is finished and we both pretty much agree.
I never came at your intellect. In fact I said that I would refrain from saying that you lacked basic intelligence, as you were in reality simply mistaken. However, you have just said that you were making the same point as us, which is that the One Piece islands are much bigger than our's, and their continents are much bigger than their islands and our islands, which was obvious.

I never came at your intellect. In fact I said that I would refrain from saying that you lacked basic intelligence, as you were in reality simply mistaken. However, you have just said that you were making the same point as us, which is that the One Piece islands are much bigger than our's, and their continents are much bigger than their islands and our islands, which was obvious.
Lol, you wrote an implied snarky reply to me. But I’m over that. I was not mistaken. Read their posts. They clearly aren’t arguing the same thing that you are arguing. Basically what I am writing is that the Jewel Ice Sheet should be bigger than Alabasta, as it is considered a continent where Alabasta is considered an island.

Lol my literal first post on this subject:
“You know what has always been crazy to me? The fact that Alabasta is the size that it is and is only labeled a “country” in its series, but people actually doubt the size of the Jewel Ice Sheet which is labeled a “continent” in that same series.” I meant to write “island” (referring to Sandy Island as KingTempest keeps arbitrarily pointing out), but the point still stood.

Last edited:
Lol, you wrote an implied snarky reply to me. But I’m over that. I was not mistaken. Read their posts. They clearly aren’t arguing the same thing that you are arguing. Basically what I am writing is that the Jewel Ice Sheet should be bigger than Alabasta, as it is considered a continent where Alabasta is considered an island.
We don't have proper measurements of the Jewel Ice Sheet iirc. It was only even a thing because it was necessary to show off Chinjao's strength without him breaking apart an actually important piece of land. Also I don't know if Alabasta is exactly an island, might have been a mistranslation or something, maybe just you having bad memory ( not an insult, I have terrible memory as well. ).

We can settle it like this: name a single island that is bigger than what is classified as a continent.
Prove that what we classify as an Island can be bigger than what we classify as a Continent. No need for super long back and forths. Prove it via example. Show me an island bigger than a continent that isn’t also considered a continent. I’ll wait.
You're asking me to show me a hand that is bigger than someone else's arm, then saying because there aren't any, all arms are directly bigger than all hands.

What quantifies them as hand and arms aren't size, but general qualities of both. Same with islands and continents.

I don't need to prove that there's an island that is bigger than what is classified as a continent, because in our planet there is none. All our islands are smaller than all of our continents.

This isn't how it is in general.

All countries are larger than all animals. Does that mean that there'll never be an animal larger than a country? Zunesha is larger than countries in One Piece.

The definition of "Continent" isn't "body of land larger than an island". That is something you believe, which is, although based on something, unproven.
So until you can prove it, it isn't solid.

You ignored the fact that there are countries larger than continents, and only focused on the fact that it's an island instead of a country, which can be larger than a continent as well.

Your whole argument is this
Since continents are bigger than islands (unproven statement), the jewel ice sheet, which is stated to be an island, is larger than Sandy Island, which is stated to be an island.
Then ignoring that
A. Islands are islands because of their surroundings, not because of their size.
B. Alabasta is a country as well. Countries can be larger than continents.
C. You don't even have a source that continents are continents because they're bigger than islands.

We don't have proper measurements of the Jewel Ice Sheet iirc. It was only even a thing because it was necessary to show off Chinjao's strength without him breaking apart an actually important piece of land. Also I don't know if Alabasta is exactly an island, might have been a mistranslation or something, maybe just you having bad memory ( not an insult, I have terrible memory as well. ).
I never said that we did have any measurements, only that it was bigger than Alabasta (I meant the Sandy Island). The Sandy Island is actually an island and is referred to as an island. Not bad memory. It is literally a fact. Furthermore, there is no statement comparing it to a continent.

And I check for sources before I make any sort of argument. I won’t argue something that I cannot completely back up.

I never said that we did have any measurements, only that it was bigger than Alabasta (I meant the Sandy Island). The Sandy Island is actually an island and is referred to as an island. Not bad memory. It is literally a fact. Furthermore, there is no statement comparing it to a continent.

And I check for sources before I make any sort of argument. I won’t argue something that I cannot completely back up.
Okay... tell me where it is said that it is bigger than Sandy Island?

The Blue Sea is smaller than all of the world's oceans because the Blue Sea is stated to be a Sea while the world's oceans are stated to be oceans

You're asking me to show me a hand that is bigger than someone else's arm, then saying because there aren't any, all arms are directly bigger than all hands.
No, but way to provide a false equivolency. So you cannot disprove what I wrote?
What quantifies them as hand and arms aren't size, but general qualities of both. Same with islands and continents.
Nope. You can literally look this up. At this point, I think that you know that I’m right and just don’t want to lose an argument.
I don't need to prove that there's an island that is bigger than what is classified as a continent, because in our planet there is none. All our islands are smaller than all of our continents.
So basically you cannot prove me wrong? Also, I already gave you the literal definition of continent in an early post. That disproves pretty much everything that you are writing.
This isn't how it is in general.
Yes it is. To be considered a “main expanse of land” it has to be big. The fact that slands aren’t typically considered “continents” prove this.
All countries are larger than all animals. Does that mean that there'll never be an animal larger than a country? Zunesha is larger than countries in One Piece.
Another fake comparison.
The definition of "Continent" isn't "body of land larger than an island". That is something you believe, which is, although based on something, unproven.
So until you can prove it, it isn't solid.
I did prove it. Multiple times. I am about to just start linking a bunch of sites that say that the difference is size. To think that I even need to go that far when you literally can not name a single island bugger than the smallest continent…
You ignored the fact that there are countries larger than continents, and only focused on the fact that it's an island instead of a country, which can be larger than a continent as well.
I gave you the definition of “country”. It doesn’t correlate to size. It correlates to a nation. A continent DOES.
Your whole argument is this

Then ignoring that
A. Islands are islands because of their surroundings, not because of their size.
B. Alabasta is a country as well. Countries can be larger than continents.
C. You don't even have a source that continents are continents because they're bigger than islands.
Again, show me a single example of an “island” being larger than a continent that isn’t also classified as a “continent”.

The only possible argument that you can use against me is that the Sandy Island is a continent, but that is debunked easily as there is no statement that shows that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back