• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1053: "New Emperors" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mihawk needs no help with marines, even if an Admiral came. Mihawk is implied to be yonko level or very very close to it since he clashed with Shanks before, so I think he'd handle the marines pretty well. Meanwhile Hancock probably would have more trouble against an Admiral, plus Oda actually indicated something bad might have happened to her, iirc.
Admirals are also implied to be yonko level too. And if an admiral is sent he also has backup mihawk doesn't

Isn't wano (based off the map) multiple pieces smushed together? What if wano was used to HIDE pluton underneath it- ALL THE POSSIBILITIES. Pluton breaking out is what causes wano to collapse down to sea level maybe?
Pluton's blueprint was passed down to shipbuilders in W7 and according to Crocodile Pluton is the Most Destructive Weapon in the world. It can be concluded that Pluton is a warship with very dangerous weapon. I think Pluton will be shown along with the opening of the Wano country border.

Pluton's blueprint was passed down to shipbuilders in W7 and according to Crocodile Pluton is the Most Destructive Weapon in the world. It can be concluded that Pluton is a warship with very dangerous weapon. I think Pluton will be shown along with the opening of the Wano country border.
buster call is super mini lite from pluton

Considering Alabasta is more or less damn near a small continent--- whew.

But also I said it before and I'll say it again. Either WANO is Pluton itself, or Pluton is literally where Kaido got punched
You know what has always been crazy to me? The fact that Alabasta is the size that it is and is only labeled a “country” in its series, but people actually doubt the size of the Jewel Ice Sheet which is labeled a “continent” in that same series.

You know what has always been crazy to me? The fact that Alabasta is the size that it is and is only labeled a “country” in its series, but people actually doubt the size of the Jewel Ice Sheet which is labeled a “continent” in that same series.
It's almost like the actual terms don't mean that much and you shouldn't judge based off of that.

Why are we acting as if there isn’t real life countries larger than continents
Because of the definition of “continent”. A continent is defined as “any of the world's main continuous expanses of land”. By definition, it has to be huge. Furthermore, as One Piece primarily consists of islands including Alabasta, something considered a “main continuous expanse of land” would have to massive.

Because of the definition of “continent”. A continent is defined as “any of the world's main continuous expanses of land”. By definition, it has to be huge. Furthermore, as One Piece primarily consists of islands including Alabasta, something considered a “main continuous expanse of land” would have to massive.
Alabasta is one of the largest islands on that planet. You can’t use that as justification

Alabasta is one of the largest islands on that planet. You can’t use that as justification
1) We don’t know that. Where is it stated in the manga?
2) Your “country” being bigger than continents only refers to bordered countries on an already massive continent. It does not refer to an isolated island floating in the sea.

Logically the dudes who stalemated a bunch of commanders shouldn’t be equal to their Captain

Story has 3 admirals struggling to put down 1 sick Yonko

Plot has Yonko (Luffy) and fleet admirals (Sakazuki) fighting each other
pre time skip is about as relevant as the warship island arc, 1 sick yonko that low diffs kaidoo_O

Fun fact, Alabasta is actually labeled an “island”, further proving my point. The “country” part comes from it being a kingdom. Lol at the “island” being bigger than a “continent”.

The definition of “country”: “a nation with its own government, occupying a particular territory.”

Alabasta is a kingdom that has 8 different cities, a ginormous desert that dwarfs a ginormous river, a ginormous river that is 5x the size of the height to Skypiea and 5x the height of sea level to FMI, and more.

We know that. We don't need to have this stated.
2) Your “country” being bigger than continents only refers to bordered countries on an already massive continent. It does not refer to an isolated island floating in the sea.
This doesn't prove or counter a single thing I said. All that proves are that it's connected to different landmarks.
Fun fact, Alabasta is actually labeled an “island”, further proving my point. The “country” part comes from it being a kingdom. Lol at the “island” being bigger than a “continent”.
Oh wow. People who think they're geologists.

Let's look at the definition of Island then.
a piece of land surrounded by water.
Antarctica is a continent and an island.
Antarctica is considered both an island—because it is surrounded by water—and a continent.
The thing that defines what makes an island a continent isn't its size. Its many different factors. Being on its own tectonic plate is a factor. Not just size.

The Red Line is a ginormous continent. What is it? A bunch of islands stuck together.
The definition of “country”: “a nation with its own government, occupying a particular territory.”
Notice how it doesn't say "a large landmass".

You guys don't understand what Alabasta is.
The Country of Alabasta isn't the island. It's a Kingdom on Sandy Island. For all we know, Sandy Island is a continent in itself.

Isn't most of the earth water? Every piece of land is floating on, or surrounded by, water. Quite literally. Did you think that there was just a giant metal border separating the sea and islands? Not going to say you're stupid, but you're very confused.

Alabasta is a kingdom that has 8 different cities, a ginormous desert that dwarfs a ginormous river, a ginormous river that is 5x the size of the height to Skypiea and 5x the height of sea level to FMI, and more.

We know that. We don't need to have this stated.

This doesn't prove or counter a single thing I said. All that proves are that it's connected to different landmarks.

Oh wow. People who think they're geologists.

Let's look at the definition of Island then.

Antarctica is a continent and an island.

The thing that defines what makes an island a continent isn't its size. Its many different factors. Being on its own tectonic plate is a factor. Not just size.

The Red Line is a ginormous continent. What is it? A bunch of islands stuck together.

Notice how it doesn't say "a large landmass".

You guys don't understand what Alabasta is.
The Country of Alabasta isn't the island. It's a Kingdom on Sandy Island. For all we know, Sandy Island is a continent in itself.
1) It is also stated to be an island, in universe. Also, lol you are acting like the Strawhats have seen and visited EVERY island in the Grand Line, with Marco claiming there are millions of islands. Plus, you completely ignore the fact that the Grand Line is a small strip of water on a gigantic planet.
2) A continent is larger than an island. Simple logic, but I guess that is too much for this site. Greenland is the largest “island” in the world and is STILL 4x smaller than Australia, the smallest continent.
3) Lol the site you linked disproved what you wrote as Europe and Asia share a tectonic plate, and Asia being the largest continent on Earth. My definition works. Yours doesn’t.
4) Lol disingenuous argument. “A bunch of islands stuck together” that have no individual name and are shown as a collective continent.
5) You are actually helping my argument more. The Sandy Island is an island and is classified as such in the One Piece world. It was never stated to be a continent, but the Jewel Ice Sheet was and it was considered to be a big deal.
6) You can cling to your headcanon as much as you want. The fact is that a continent is bigger than an island. The fact that this is rocket science for you people shows that logic isn’t exactly present among you.

Isn't most of the earth water? Every piece of land is floating on, or surrounded by, water. Quite literally. Did you think that there was just a giant metal border separating the sea and islands? Not going to say you're stupid, but you're very confused.
I am going to write that you are stupid, because you literally didn’t make a single point. Where the hell did I bring up a “giant metal border”? Can you not read? I wrote “isolated island” lol. And you had the nerve to call the other guy a clown.

Last edited:
Perfectly not Confusing.
Clearly it is to you guys. But I digress, no point arguing with the logically impaired. Lol if terms don’t have meaning, then why bother reading, using quotes, etc.? Why not just focus on scaling sizes and big flashy explosions? Your arguments basically hinge on the characters of One Piece not knowing what they are talking about, which is absurd lol.
If someone uses the term “island”, doesn’t indicate that they consider the island to be considered a continent, then another character literally refers to a place as a “continent” and an emphasis is constantly placed on its size, logically the “continent” is bigger. This point is further emphasized by the fact that New World Pirates with bounties in the hundreds of millions and with knowledge of Haki, which the Straw Hats knew nothing about throughout the first half of the GL, should know what they are talking about.
I could go on, but I’ve made my point. Glad to see that this site hasn’t changed. No wonder the upgrades are taking so long.

Last edited:
I am going to write that you are stupid, because you literally didn’t make a single point. Where the hell did I bring up a “giant metal border”? Can you not read?
you said it as if literally every piece of land isn't surrounded by water, though. Alabasta exists in a world dominated by water, and even more so than our world as there's tons of evidence of the One Piece planet being considerably bigger than our's.

not just focus on scaling sizes and big flashy explosions? Your arguments basically hinge on the characters of One Piece not knowing what they are talking about, which is absurd lol.
Are you implying that the characters are wrong about their own geography? Especially when one of the main characters is literally a highly skilled navigator that real world navigators probably could never come close to in terms of skill? Remember, the dialogue of the characters is quite literally written by the author him self, and the author's close helpers, there'd be no reason for him to make them wrong about their own geography if it wasn't a joke.

Lol literally typing in the difference between an “island” and a “continent” almost always yields the immediate response of there being a size difference. But I guess that is too much for you all to comprehend.

Lol literally typing in the difference between an “island” and a “continent” almost always yields the immediate response of there being a size difference. But I guess that is too much for you all to comprehend.
Is a continent not technically an island? Every continent you've seen or heard of is floating in, or surrounded by, water. As I've said before.

Are you implying that the characters are wrong about their own geography? Especially when one of the main characters is literally a highly skilled navigator that real world navigators probably could never come close to in terms of skill? Remember, the dialogue of the characters is quite literally written by the author him self, and the author's close helpers, there'd be no reason for him to make them wrong about their own geography if it wasn't a joke.
You are the one questioning character statements. You literally cannot read. Wow. The dialogue states that Alabasta is an ISLAND and that the Jewel Ice Sheet is a CONTINENT. Character statements prove me right! Once again, opponent is logically impaired.

you said it as if literally every piece of land isn't surrounded by water, though. Alabasta exists in a world dominated by water, and even more so than our world as there's tons of evidence of the One Piece planet being considerably bigger than our's.
I never wrote that. Maybe you should learn to read.
Alabasta is stated to be an island. Wtf, are you dumb? I was not trying not to throw out insults, but you are bringing this on yourself.

To clarify, since you clearly cannot comprehend what you read, I never wrote that “every piece of land isn’t surrounded by water”. Lol wtf, literally stupid.

1) It is also stated to be an island, in universe. Also, lol you are acting like the Strawhats have seen and visited EVERY island in the Grand Line, with Marco claiming there are millions of islands. Plus, you completely ignore the fact that the Grand Line is a small strip of water on a gigantic planet.
2) A continent is larger than an island. Simple logic, but I guess that is too much for this site. Greenland is the largest “island” in the world and is STILL 4x smaller than Australia, the smallest continent.
3) Lol the site you linked disproved what you wrote as Europe and Asia share a tectonic plate, and Asia being the largest continent on Earth. My definition works. Yours doesn’t.
4) Lol disingenuous argument. “A bunch of islands stuck together” that have no individual name and are shown as a collective continent.
5) You are actually helping my argument more. The Sandy Island is an island and is classified as such in the One Piece world. It was never stated to be a continent, but the Jewel Ice Sheet was and it was considered to be a big deal.
6) You can cling to your headcanon as much as you want. The fact is that a continent is bigger than an island. The fact that this is rocket science for you people shows that logic isn’t exactly present among you.
1) Alabasta isn't stated to be an island. It's stated to be on an island.
And no. You're acting like Alabasta is the average island. Literally every single island we've seen that we have ways to find out its size is smaller than Alabasta.
Skypiea, smaller than Alabasta. Zou, smaller than Alabasta. Punk Hazard, smaller than Alabasta. Jaya, smaller than Alabasta. Every island in Totto Land, smaller than Alabasta. Thriller Bark, smaller than Alabasta. Marineford, smaller than Alabasta. Cactus island, smaller than Alabasta. Onigashima, smaller than Alabasta.
Alabasta's river is larger than the height of the atmosphere up to Skypiea. It's larger than the Red Line.
Literally every single island we've seen is smaller than Alabasta. Most of them are even smaller than Alburnia alone, much less the river, much less the entire island.

2) A continent and an island have no correlation in size. Antarctica is an island. Australia is an island. Any body of land fully surrounded by water is an island.

3) Yeah, which is why they call it "Eurasia". They share a tectonic plate and they also share land. The only reason why they aren't considered a single continent is because of things like their collective culture, not because of their sizes.

4) Canon statement. Don't get smart. They have no individual names because we haven't explored them. They have their own seasons. Their own heights. Their own widths.

5) It was considered to be a big deal because someone broke it in half, not because it was ridiculously large to the point where Sandy Island looked up to it. That's like me saying Kaidou lifting Onigashima is serious in the series because it's an island. It's serious because Kaidou lifted it.

6) "The fact is that a continent is bigger than an island".
One Piece's planet isn't our planet. We don't have greenland, australia, russia, any of those. We have our own bodies of land.
So the real world continents being bigger than islands do not mean jack shit to this completely different planets.
"Continents are bigger than islands".
1. Continents can be islands.
2. Our continents are bigger than our islands. That does not correlate into a completely different planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back