• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1053: "New Emperors" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Blue Sea is smaller than all of the world's oceans because the Blue Sea is stated to be a Sea while the world's oceans are stated to be oceans
Definition of “sea”: “the expanse of salt water that covers most of the earth's surface and surrounds its landmasses.”

And an island doesn't.

Are we done?
Actually, it does. Otherwise, they would be considered “small continents” lol. Even this wiki recognizes a size difference and that is why the Tiers exist. Island level and Continent level. You could not show me ONE instance of an island being larger. Lol I cannot believe this is really an argument. Only on this site…

Actually, it does. Otherwise, they would be considered “small continents” lol. Even this wiki recognizes a size difference and that is why the Tiers exist. Island level and Continent level. You could not show me ONE instance of an island being larger. Lol I cannot believe this is really an argument. Only on this site…
who the hell calls islands "small continents"?

"Name me a sea bigger than an ocean"
Lol the Sea can refer to the Oceanic Waters of the World. Lol I gave you the literal definition.

“The ocean (also the sea or the world ocean) is the body of salt water that covers approximately 70.8% of the surface of Earth and contains 97% of Earth's water.”

“The sea, connected as the world ocean or simply the ocean, is the body of salty water that covers approximately 71 percent of the Earth's surface.”

A simple google search works wonders.

Even this wiki recognizes a size difference and that is why the Tiers exist. Island level and Continent level.
But when I say continents and countries you throw a fit
Lol the Sea can refer to the Oceanic Waters of the World. Lol I gave you the literal definition.

“The ocean (also the sea or the world ocean) is the body of salt water that covers approximately 70.8% of the surface of Earth and contains 97% of Earth's water.”

“The sea, connected as the world ocean or simply the ocean, is the body of salty water that covers approximately 71 percent of the Earth's surface.”

A simple google search works wonders.
Did I say "the sea"?
I said "a sea".

That's like me asking for the largest ocean and you say
"The ocean" is the largest ocean.
My point exactly. Lol and just like that, you destroyed your own argument. NAMES MATTER. CLASSIFICATION MATTERS. My point is proven. I rest my case.
???????????????????????????????

Islands = landmasses surrounded by water
continents = a large continuous mass of land conventionally regarded as a collective region
me: who calls islands small continents?
you: i rest my case

what in the 5th grade argyment?

But when I say continents and countries you throw a fit
??? Lol don’t even know what you are talking about.
Did I say "the sea"?
I said "a sea".
“The Blue Sea”… that is what your argument was. I responded with the definition and you once again shifted the goalpost.
That's like me asking for the largest ocean and you say

???????????????????????????????
??? Again. No idea what you are talking about.
Islands = landmasses surrounded by water
Correct. But some islands are classified as “continents” and are referred to as such. You are basically arguing that Hawaii is the same thing as Australia, just because it is surrounded by water, despite the noticeable size difference.
continents = a large continuous mass of land conventionally regarded as a collective region
me: who calls islands small continents?
you: i rest my case
Since you clearly missed the point. What I am writing is that terms matter. No one calls an island a continent, that was my point. Therefore, an island is not equivalent to a continent since clearly it refers to different things. One of the noticeable differences is size. This is further emphasized by the fact that a continent is defined as a “main expanse of land”. How is a “main expanse of land” smaller than what is considered an “island” without the island itself being considered a “main expanse of land”???

what in the 5th grade argyment?
Apparently too complicated for you.

I have provided my arguments and reasonings. Clearly you are either being disingenuous or you simply don’t get it and aren’t going to get it. This was a waste of time. Logic isn’t going to get through to you. This should have ended with you either naming an island bigger than a continent or conceding. I honestly think that you know that you are wrong, but just don’t want to lose an argument.

Islands in One Piece are like Countries in FT

They are far bigger than the name suggests
Not my argument. I know that Islands in One Piece are huge and that some could scale to the sizes of our small continents. I was just saying that a Continent in One Piece should be bigger than an Island in One Piece. But I am done with this argument.

But it was true. Whatever, I am done with this debate.
ratio-bozo.gif

Chill with the memes
??? Is this supposed to be an insult? Funny how I get a warning for insults. Let’s see if this site’s admins are even going to attempt to be remotely fair and give you the same warning that I got.
Don't ask for/expect warnings for others. Different staff see things differently.
And that was relatively the tamest warning I've ever seen

Chill with the memes

Don't ask for/expect warnings for others. Different staff see things differently.
And that was relatively the tamest warning I've ever seen
Roger. Never said it wasn’t tame. I even thanked him. But I should be allowed to expect fairness, otherwise this site would be nothing but a bunch of bullies.

Anyway, stop responding to me on this thread. I already said that the argument was done. Now, I am saying that the conversation is done. Believe what you want. Think what you want. But don’t bother me anymore with this mess.

Well, everyone has a different view just because you feel offended doesn't mean someone else is offended. chill is internet

I just saw it as more of a joke than an insult. Nobody says L + ratio unironically.

But if you feel offended, then I do encourage people not to post these kind of memes at you.

Buggy is more like a combination of joke character and wild card character, like dude is part of Roger crew and a friend of Shanks, so Buggy should have more secret on his pocket
He's "Bombastic" Clown because his awakening splits atoms and causes nuclear fission.
Buggy's an ancient weapon

He's "Bombastic" Clown because his awakening splits atoms and causes nuclear fission.
Buggy's an ancient weapon
Imagine a nuke from literal nowhere but from microsophic around the environment
Imagine chain reaction nuke whenever Buggy did a "bara-bara" technique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back