• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1046: "Raizo" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very talented friend made this drawing for class
im2EVPc.png

Why not?
You think G4 is obsolete now that G5 is around?
Well, it kind of seems like g4 is obsolete now, with gear 2nd and 3rd the drawbacks of those techniques had greatly diminished by the time gear 4th was in the picture.
That's not the case with G4 , the drawbacks with the time-limit are still pretty bad and gear 5th honestly seems better stamina drain wise than gear 4th considering he was able to use it even while extremely exhausted and go past his limits to use it longer(something he's unable to do with gear 4th do to the hard haki limit). He might use it for quick punches like with the numbers and such , but I doubt we'll see any drawn out fights with gear 4 anymore.

Isn't that a gag because he's a polar bear, though? Minks aren't more vulnerable to heat. Blackback and the other Minks are in the middle of a fire and seem just fine (or at least as fine as everyone else in the raid) while Bepo is incapacitated from just the heat in the same chapter.
Even Pedro's words seem more like comparative equivalence to humans than "we're more vulnerable to heat", he just says they're susceptible to it too.

Woulda' said that in the other thread but it got opened and closed while I was catching Z's

Did Bepo ever interact with the other minks during the raid, and if so, what did they say to each other?

Isn't that a gag because he's a polar bear, though? Minks aren't more vulnerable to heat.
Pedro's statement kinda implies because of their fur, they're more susceptible to heat
Blackback and the other Minks are in the middle of a fire and seem just fine (or at least as fine as everyone else in the raid)
That's true
while Bepo is incapacitated from just the heat in the same chapter.
Even Pedro's words seem more like comparative equivalence to humans than "we're more vulnerable to heat", he just says they're susceptible to it too.
Ehh he's specifically comparing it to Chopper's who is struggling cause of the fur
Woulda' said that in the other thread but it got opened and closed while I was catching Z's
I mean... I can... reopen it?

He probably just considers most women as being weak and wanted a son. I have seen this trope in other manga.
I doubt he considers women as weak when he knows Big Mom & possibly has heard of her daughters for quite a long time. Let me guess, you were thinking of Urusei Yatsura here? Apperantly Oda was inspired from Rose of Versailles when making Yamato, tho Oscar's father referred to Oscar as a boy right from start while Kaido didn't do that with Yamato as in the flashback Yamato was referred as Kaido's daughter/the Oni princess. I'm curious how Yamato & Kaido's flashback was before the whole Oden thing started. Despite all the horrible things he had done; she was slightly unsure if he really would put explosives in her handcuffs & only disowned him as her father after finding out he really did that.

Pedro's statement kinda implies because of their fur, they're more susceptible to heat
But he didn't- Chopper, who is NOT a mink says "I wish I could remove my fur." And Pedro says: "Indeed. We minks are susceptible to heat too." There's no implication that he's MORE susceptible, just that he is as well.

That and during that page everyone is reacting the same to the heat. In 1046 the minks are burning but still active. Bepo is the only character we've seen that gets full on incapacitated by heat. He can't even handle being inside Law's submarine in the pre timeskip because of how easily overheated he gets. If anything it should be a Bepo only weakness that he's weak to heat, but not every other mink since no other gets incapped by even slight heat like him.

I doubt he considers women as weak when he knows Big Mom & possibly has heard of her daughters for quite a long time. Let me guess, you were thinking of Urusei Yatsura here? Apperantly Oda was inspired from Rose of Versailles when making Yamato, tho Oscar's father referred to Oscar as a boy right from start while Kaido didn't do that with Yamato as in the flashback Yamato was referred as Kaido's daughter/the Oni princess. I'm curious how Yamato & Kaido's flashback was before the whole Oden thing started. Despite all the horrible things he had done; she was slightly unsure if he really would put explosives in her handcuffs & only disowned him as her father after finding out he really did that.
I was thinking of Urusei Yatsura combined with certain cultures in the world that have had a very misogynistic attitude, including killing female babies in favour of more wanted boys, and Kaido is also a very macho barbarian, so he rather fits the Genghis Khan archetype. He can also still consider most women as weak with Big Mom as an exception.

He can also still consider most women as weak with Big Mom as an exception.
That doesn't seen the case to me, seeing that his crew has plenty of female, even strong ones like Ulti and Black Maria.

Kaido may be a monster, but he doesn't seen to be a sexist, its probably that he doesn't really care about gender in general.

Okay. I suppose that seems to be a valid point.

Some people say he might have shown observation & armament in Marinefored. He regenerated from Doffy's string despite being off-guard. Off-guard normal logia users have been hurt even without Haki: Gasparde & Smoker got hurt in the back pre-timeskip. The's also a chance that Doffy did use armament haki in his string. His attack on Akainu was more effective than Jinbei's was; granted he didn't do lasting damage but at least slowed Akainu down enough for Crocodile to throw Jinbei & Luffy at Buggy and for the WB Commanders to gather in front of Akainu.

Okay. Do you remember what happened then? Did we learn why he left and what his current attitude is towards them?

Did Bepo ever interact with the other minks during the raid, and if so, what did they say to each other?
Nope
Okay. Do you remember what happened then? Did we learn why he left and what his current attitude is towards them?
Bepo left Zou at the age of 8 to go look for his big brother, Zepo, a pirate. Zepo was the guy who got his entire lifespan stolen by Big Mom alongside Pedro when Pedro lost 50 years of his life.

Bepo stayed with Law and he learned navigation for the sole purpose of finding his way back to Zou without a vivre card, a seemingly impossible task which he succeeded in.

Eventually he found out how, and he managed to get to Zou with his crew while Law solo'd his way to Dressrosa. He had a very great attitude towards them, specifically saying that even though he was raised as a pirate, Zou was still his home, and helped against the fight with Jack.

So basically, Bepo left to go look for his brother, and he joined Law to become a pirate in hopes of returning home.

Bepo's story is one of the few side stories of a very irrelevant character who I like, cause it's very intertwined with the stories of others.

Last edited:
Some people say he might have shown observation & armament in Marinefored. He regenerated from Doffy's string despite being off-guard. Off-guard normal logia users have been hurt even without Haki: Gasparde & Smoker got hurt in the back pre-timeskip. The's also a chance that Doffy did use armament haki in his string. His attack on Akainu was more effective than Jinbei's was; granted he didn't do lasting damage but at least slowed Akainu down enough for Crocodile to throw Jinbei & Luffy at Buggy and for the WB Commanders to gather in front of Akainu.
I recall him being stated to unconciously turn into sand upon being attacked back in Alabasta

Nope

Bepo left Zou at the age of 8 to go look for his big brother, Zepo, a pirate. Zepo was the guy who got his entire lifespan stolen by Big Mom alongside Pedro when Pedro lost 50 years of his life.

Bepo stayed with Law and he learned navigation for the sole purpose of finding his way back to Zou without a vivre card, a seemingly impossible task which he succeeded in.

Eventually he found out how, and he managed to get to Zou with his crew while Law solo'd his way to Dressrosa. He had a very great attitude towards them, specifically saying that even though he was raised as a pirate, Zou was still his home, and helped against the fight with Jack.

So basically, Bepo left to go look for his brother, and he joined Law to become a pirate in hopes of returning home.

Bepo's story is one of the few side stories of a very irrelevant character who I like, cause it's very intertwined with the stories of others.
This backstory reminded me to do this

Nope

Okay. Thank you for the explanation. I wondered about that. Bepo must have been proud when Law and Kidd managed to take down Big Mom then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back