• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Novel Law Canonicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Sorry for the thread spam. but another canonicity thread.

This is to validate the One Piece: Novel Law novel as canon.

Oda directly references the events of the novel as canon events. In the SBS, Oda directly talks about events that are only spoken about in the Law novel, AKA the backstory of Law, Bepo, Shachi, and Penguin.

The Law novel is also fully produced in the magazine (like each chapter was produced in the magazine before the book came out), which we accept as canon and use information from. The novel was published by Shueisha as well.

Timeline wise? Simple. After Law leaves the Donquixote Pirates in his flashback. Doesn't conflict with anything at all.

A translation of it is found here.

While the canonicity seems like it might be fine, this:

Translation of the book One Piece: Law novel, it could contain some mistakes since i will use a translation app using the original japanese book.
Legal disclaimer: this is a amateur FANFIC based on LAW NOVEL, not the official translation, it contain modifications and variations to not copy the original book.

Seems like it would be a problem, no? I assume no CRT's would actually use that link itself.

While the canonicity seems like it might be fine, this:

Seems like it would be a problem, no? I assume no CRT's would actually use that link itself.
That could be a problem for that specific website

I have the magazines with the raws btw, this is just for the mean time since we have no officials, but I checked it out and the overall site doesn’t seem too bad

As Damage said, the novel itself should be fine to use, but not a heavily modified unofficial semi-translation.

US, Monkey, Damage, and Ant agreed + other knowledgeable members, so this has pretty much been accepted.

I'll leave this open so others can give input or provide any questions if needed.

I'm not sure we need to add this anywhere, it's a very minor change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back