• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1046: "Raizo" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
waiting for people to say he can use Ice and Water next
Not use ice, but manipulate it maybe. Via transmutation with his awakening. CLOSE ENOUGH.
Gear 3rd use air to increase his body parts with air, Gear 5th Balloon used all the air he gathered to sent him flying higher, his feet could bounce off the air in order to fly while his hands do that to redirect his attack in Gear 4th & his haki could already create shockwaves and electricity.
Add that to the Elements bingo.
Luffy's the avatar

This is probably the closest reference imo to Luffy vs Kaido. Typhon can sometimes be referred as a dragon. Typhon's appeance varies from version to version, from a giant humanoid to a strait up Kaiju Monster or a mix of the 2 much like Kaido with his Oni, Dragon, Hybrid forms.I forgot to mention, Kaido was also called a wisdom king/deity & Typhon is a Titan, still a god. Typhon is the father of all fantastical beast in greek myth & the monster of Gaia while Kaido is the king of beast & the world's strongest creature. Both can breath fire, cause winds & storms. The Nika in Luffy's Devil Fruit might be inspired Nike, the Greek Goddess of Victory(supposly responsible for Zeus success too) & also Zeus sometimes being refered as a sungod. After Luffy fell from Onigashima, he needed help from Law crew to go regain his strength back much like Zeus needing Hermes & Pan to get his tendrils back after his 1st round with Typhon. Both can grab lightning bolts, throw them like spears, are great leaders despite being young compared to most, have good shapeshifting, possesses the same hair color(Zeus hair can be either black or white in art & Luffy changed his hair color from black normally to white in Gear 5th), fought giants & change the weather. There's also theme of the newer generations taking over older one in both OP & Greek Myth.
I like this a lot
Water Luffy was a thing
I swear
Let’s not forget he also did many things a regular rubber user cannot do.
"Change directions"

i just saw the raws
wait dont tell me luffy can make the lightning rubber too lmao that would be kinda op

So instead of giving an update on what Robin and her sidekick are doing and finally allowing them to come out of the basement area, Oda's wasting panels on (ugh) Raizo in this chapter before we go into yet another break. Great. :(

ETA: Nevermind. I just saw the RAWS and there will be an update with Robin this week after all lol.

Last edited:
Franky said that Zoro needs medical aid, as I thought.

Hey guys, remember my rant on how awful Garp was at parenting?

Well I think there is just one person who is just as bad as him yet no one really notices: Yasopp.

I. HATE. YASSOP.

He literally left his sick and dying wife and child son to go party and drink with his buddies, and didn't even do anything before he left to make sure Usopp was taken care of or not made a laughingstock.

And before anyone replies "But his wife told him to go to sea", THAT'S NOT A VALID EXCUSE.

He's a big boy, he can make his own decisions, and he should've been responsible enough to decline his wife's request and be a big enough man to raise Usopp, or even take Usopp with him to be on Shanks's crew!

But no, he used his sick and dying wife's permission as an excuse to go to sea without needing to take any direct responsibility for abandoning his son to the cruelties of the world. He probably mentally patted himself on the back for that, and I doubt he even regrets his choices.

Hell, he's been there for Luffy more than he's been for his own son!

It's no mystery where (or rather, who) Usopp got his cowardly nature from, except Usopp STILL has far more bravery and guts than his worthless father!

****. This. Guy.

Last edited:
I agree about Yasopp. Remember how the Hunter X Hunter author rightfully deconstructed the absent father story convention in shonen manga, and had everybody consider Gon's father as scum for abandoning his son? I agree with that.

That said, Kaido and Yujiro Hanma are obviously far worse scum as parents than Ging or Yasopp, but they are intended to be unsympathetic evil villains.

Yup, liked that

You meant his own son here, right?
Thanks for letting me know.
I agree about Yasopp. Remember how the Hunter X Hunter author rightfully deconstructed the absent father story convention in shonen manga, and had everybody consider Gon's father as scum for abandoning his son? I agree with that.
I haven't seen HxH but I do know about Gon's father and looking at it they are so f*cking similar it's depressing.
That said, Kaido and Yujiro Hanma are obviously far worse scum as parents than Ging or Yasopp, but they are intended to be unsympathetic evil villains.
I mean, people crap on Goku, but at least Goku has his moments (like working on the farm and going nuts when Goku Black murdered Chi-Chi and Goten).

In my planned mass crossover fanfic, I plan for Usopp to hold a lot of well-deserved anger towards his father.

As in, disown him and forbid him from coming to his wedding (while inviting literally every other member of Shanks's crew including Shanks himself).

And at least Kaido respects Yamato's gender association! It's a small thing and he's a horrific father but that's still more positive reinforcement than Usopp ever got!

Kaido systematically isolated, starved, and tortured Yamato, and it is silly to think that a misanthropic might makes right macho barbarian like him remotely agrees with very recent cultural developments in western rather than eastern society, with the latter being the basis for his own background. All the histories of all the cultures in the world are not remotely resembling 2022 California.

Also, we do not remotely have any confirmation that Yamato truly identifies their gender as a man, rather than just wants to emulate Oden, in lack of other available role models. In fact as far as I have understood the available information, Oda considers Yamato to not be transgender. He has otherwise made it very clear when that is the case.

Kaido systematically isolated, starved, and tortured Yamato, and it is silly to think that a misanthropic might makes right macho barbarian like him remotely agrees with very recent cultural developments in western rather than eastern society, with the latter being the basis for his own background. All the histories of all the cultures in the world are not remotely resembling 2022 California.
I know and I know that he's much worse than Yasopp.

It was more of a half-joke than anything.

But at least Kaido gets called out in story for his horrible parenting (and is disowned by Yamato). Where's Yasopp's punishment?
Also, we do not remotely have any confirmation that Yamato truly identifies their gender as a man, rather than just wants to emulate Oden, in lack of other available role models. In fact as far as I have understood the available information, Oda considers Yamato to not be transgender. He has otherwise made it very clear when that is the case.
I know, but he still calls her his son.

Yes, but I don't want us to twist Kaido into a beacon of modernity and gender identity tolerance. That is not what he is about at all. He is a villain through and through. He probably just considers most women as being weak and wanted a son. I have seen this trope in other manga.

I love this chapter's callbacks
SW03tV9.jpg

6Or16b0.png

Like this is peak
Iqn9K0B.jpg

VaeODnj.png

^ Gonna plus 1 to the above comment.

Also 2 things, A can Luffy just grow extra arms now, like I know gatling is a thing, but it really just looked like luffy grew extra arms when he attacked Kaido, it'd still just go under the shape manipulation abilities we already know he has.

Also, question regarding Kaido's awakening is he already in his awakened form, because Kaido is clearly very aware of what awakening is and we haven't seen him using it. The reason I'm asking is that I'm hearing theorists and people say Kaido still has his awakening left, but that honestly doesn't make a lot of sense to me. First, from what we see with the demon guards, Zoan awakenings tend to just be constantly active(Luffy's an exception since he literally just discovered it, and his fruit has qualities similar to paramecia). Second, why has Kaido waited this long to use his awakening he's been fighting for hours at this point and is clearly at his limit why would he wait till now to use his awakening he clearly acknowledges Luffy as an equal, and he's even been overwhelmed in this fight several times, it just seems weird he would wait until he's literally about to lose to pull this out.

The only theory I've heard that possibly makes sense is that Kaido can't use while the flame clouds are active and they're draining his energy too much to use it. I could somewhat see this theory working, but it still seems antithetical to Kaido's character as it effectively means he's holding back which would be against what he's been looking for all this time.

Couldn't Super Hybrid be his Awakening?

We've seen two zoan awakenings as of now:
  • Impel Down awakening. Which is "constant" and gives the user an animalistic behavior
  • Chopper, and Luffy's awakening. Which require a condition to use, and are temporary, and stressful to the body.
Kaido Super Hybrid requires a condition (Homicidal Drunk, iirc), but it doesn't seem to be stressful to his body

So I have a question, what exactly is Raizo's ninjutsu (especially the scroll-based techniques)?

It is one of the few unexplained powers in One Piece and seems to work basically like magic

I also think that Kaido is already awakened.

Anyway, I read the finished scanslation and think that it was a great chapter.

I think that Oda started to really raise the bar when he first introduced the worst generation characters. The story really took off from there.

So I have a question, what exactly is Raizo's ninjutsu (especially the scroll-based techniques)?

It is one of the few unexplained powers in One Piece and seems to work basically like magic
The scroll based techniques are part of the Maki Maki no Mi.

He is capable of sealing stuff into scrolls and summoning them at later times.
He's also capable of summoning drawings of himself which end up as clones

The scroll based techniques are part of the Maki Maki no Mi.

He is capable of sealing stuff into scrolls and summoning them at later times.
He's also capable of summoning drawings of himself which end up as clones
(Doesn't explain the paralysis technique)

The scrolls explain some of his ninjitsu but not all of them, and was the clone thing ever stated to be scrolls I thought that was just ninjutsu.

Same, I believe his original Zoan and Hybrid Forms were Fish and Awakening made him a Dragon
I just finished reading, and Kaido did say "WE call this awakening", and this whole chapter his eyes are ringed like Luffy's.
Very likely that his current hybrid is awakening, and his Super-Hybrid is just another amp on top

I just finished reading, and Kaido did say "WE call this awakening", and this whole chapter his eyes are ringed like Luffy's.
Very likely that his current hybrid is awakening, and his Super-Hybrid is just another amp on top
I'm sorry but is his "Super Hybrid" just his Shuron Hakke?

Shurron Hakke is just him being drunk which amps all his forms, "Super Hybrid" is different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back