• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1045: "Next Level" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luffy's covered in saliva when he shoots out, so he left through the mouth.
Also the last punch "through" Kaido's head, Luffy's fist looks like it's covered because you can't see the details of his fingers, knuckles or anything. He's flat out stretching Kaido's face into the back of his head and beyond it.

Which is far scarier when you think about it, because his awakening is now ignoring Kaido's haki resistance and turning him to rubber.

Which again, doesn't explain how his hands did what they did to his eyes. We can cleary see that the eyes aren't stretched since we can see the detailing of Luffy's fingers and nails.
Just noticed that- Luffy's hands are detailed when they go out of Kaido's eyes.
Could be that the eyeballs see through? Kinda like with the snake scene on skypiea.

Which again, doesn't explain how his hands did what they did to his eyes. We can cleary see that the eyes aren't stretched since we can see the detailing of Luffy's fingers and nails.
That could just be a product of Kaido's eyes being stretched thin enough to let us see the details of Luffy's hand through them.

Simplest explanation: The eyes are transparent
It was the same for the giant snake in Skypeia too

Simplest explanation: The eyes are transparent
It was the same for the giant snake in Skypeia too
Beings transparent and intangible are two different things. Luffy in Skypeia wasn't able to stick his hands out of the Snake's eyes like he did to Kaido's.

Beings transparent and intangible are two different things. Luffy in Skypeia wasn't able to stick his hands out of the Snake's eyes like he did to Kaido's.
He stuck his hands out the eyes because they were stretched via awakening.
And we see his hands through said eyes because what he stretched was still transparent. At least that's the easiest answer due to it contextually fitting Kaido's words about his own body stretching.

I would argue he didn't "stick his hands out of" Kaido's eyes. There is clear evidence that Luffy was messing with the properties of Kaido's body there. In fact, when he did Gomu GOmu no Fuusen, you can see the outline of Luffy's arms and legs poking out (covered by Kaido's skin/scales)

If you wear surgeon gloves you can see the outline of your fingernails. That’s what’s happening.

BTW, I just made this connection, but there is a scene in Skypeia where Luffy thinks that he was going to die (the Trials part where Luffy, Usopp and Sanji are on a boat which unexpectedly fall down a waterfall at one point) and Luffy's reaction to realizing that they are still alive is uncontrollable laughter ...

This is the scene:

Also, the sound effect of the boat hitting the river below kind of sounds like bouncing off a rubber trampoline at one point (at 1:30 exactly)

So we're all gonna skim past the fact that Luffy's "toon" stuff has been consistent across 2 whole chapters and chalk it up to Oda suddenly wanting to change art style?

Because I'm more or less leaning towards Kaido's line of "He can influence /ANYTHING/ around him" beginning to mean that Luffy's rubber nature can make everything flexible via proximity. He isn't awakening the ground actively, yet it still bends and bounces him off. And when he's in close proximity to the live floor everyone that knows him suddenly has those dumb cartoon faces.
It keeps reminding me of Long Ring Long and the fact that the creatures have "freedom" to grow as much as they want and express themselves without limitations.

And when he's in close proximity to the live floor everyone that knows him suddenly has those dumb cartoon faces.
I have a feeling this is going to come into play later. This is just my guess (and I could be totally wrong here) but I think, at the end of Wano, Luffy might lift the SMILE curse and restore the lost emotions of everyone who ate the defective SMILEs

I have a feeling this is going to come into play later. This is just my guess (and I could be totally wrong here) but I think, at the end of Wano, Luffy might lift the SMILE curse and restore the lost emotions of everyone who ate the defective SMILEs
I was wondering about that tbh. Maybe granting that land the ability to freely express itself would take away the effects of the defective SMILEs.

Wano's borders opening HAS to be done through that fruit. You can't just say they're open and expect everyone to go through those dangerous waterfalls with the koi fish and risk dying just for a visit. If he effects all of wano- there's high chance it'll genuinely end up like Long Ring Long and be the first truly 'free' nation.

I love how these two are basically representations of the fanbase during the latest chapter
PLcpysW.png

I dunno guys. Toon Force might not be what the power is, but a simulation of it through rubber.

"Running on air". That's Geppo.

"Punch through shit". Transmutation into rubber.

"Turning Giant". Literally just a better size manipulation.

"Face turni-'. He is rubber.

I don't see Toon Force at all, just rubber being used in a funny way.

I dunno guys. Toon Force might not be what the power is, but a simulation of it through rubber.

"Running on air". That's Geppo.

"Punch through shit". Transmutation into rubber.

"Turning Giant". Literally just a better size manipulation.

"Face turni-'. He is rubber.

I don't see Toon Force at all, just rubber being used in a funny way.
Rubber awakening granting "flexibility" to everything around him. Although there's definitely a degree of reality warping with the cartooney faces. Even Law and Kid who looked SERIOUS couldn't help but do it, despite their faces not matching the expression.
It legit looks like the LRL effect. Luffy's rubber awakening combined with a mythical aspect is genuinely interesting.

Also saying "it's all rubber" but ignoring the fact that it's effecting more than just the ground like paramecia is not it. Dude's even all white like a drawing to put emphasis on it. It seems to be cemented further that he IS a rubberhose cartoon the more he does things tbh-

Rubber awakening granting "flexibility" to everything around him. Although there's definitely a degree of reality warping with the cartooney faces. Even Law and Kid who looked SERIOUS couldn't help but do it, despite their faces not matching the expression.
Yeah, very limited Toon Force.
It legit looks like the LRL effect. Luffy's rubber awakening combined with a mythical aspect is genuinely interesting.

Also saying "it's all rubber" but ignoring the fact that it's effecting more than just the ground like paramecia is not it. Dude's even all white like a drawing to put emphasis on it. It seems to be cemented further that he IS a rubberhose cartoon the more he does things tbh-
I'm saying it's transmutation. He does so with people too.

Yeah, very limited Toon Force.
Yup. Extremely so. I do agree that it isn't "toon force" in the traditional sense, but it's definitely looking like it because of the nature of the fruit. Only reason I don't agree that it's just Oda choosing the style is because it was consistent with Kaido and now with his own allies when within his vicinity. Momo and Yamato should be effected, but they're also at the very edge of the skull, so not half as close as Luffy's head was to the live floor this chapter, or as Kaido is to him throughout the fruit.

Newer translations revealed that Gear 5th has both Buso and Hao activated
1D6ZcMa.jpg
Yup, which means that when we add Gear 5th to Luffy's profile, it would be added at the end very end as it's the last and biggest amp. We also don't need to worry about any Gear 5th + Haki shenanigans since he seemingly always have them active.

Oh lmfao.

I was talking about him getting clowned on by Luffy's goofy powers, but yeah, I do think that would legitimately be an interesting fight post Wano. Someone should totally make that match once his profile is updated.

Oh lmfao.

I was talking about him getting clowned on by Luffy's goofy powers, but yeah, I do think that would legitimately be an interesting fight post Wano. Someone should totally make that match once his profile is updated.
Akaiu getting hit so hard his eyes and teeth pop out would bring me infinite joy.
Though I think that's the point anyway, cuz- joy boy and all.

The line in the official differs- It was "I'm about to croak", but now he says "Oh yeah, I was dying before this. It takes a lot of energy."
Sounds more like he's tired than dying. The Law red flag gets slightly less crimson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back